Social Media Christian Welch

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Our toilet is busted so we go out and buy a new oven!
Where are the backs? We have plenty of forwards and zero backs. Reimis Smith is the only first grade quality outside back we have. Disgraceful.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most likely BS, because Rothfield posted in Saints and Sinners today.

SHOOSH: Which very handy Melbourne Storm forward is in negotiations with the Rabbitohs for next season?

I can see George Burgess heading to Dragons to replace JDB, and Welch heading to Rabbitohs to replace Burgess.

That page (ditto BulldogsNation Twitter), just repost garbage. Pages are run by like 12 year olds I reckon.
It would be disappointing if we ended up signing Stimson when Welch was available. Stimson is solid but Welch is an Origin calibre prop who would be a great signing.

But I'm sick of hearing us linked to forwards, I really hope they announce a hooker and a few backs soon.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be disappointing if we ended up signing Stimson when Welch was available. Stimson is solid but Welch is an Origin calibre prop who would be a great signing.

But I'm sick of hearing us linked to forwards, I really hope they announce a hooker and a few backs soon.
Agree about forwards, I guess it's just getting what's out there on the market first? Seems like it's pretty much a boguslink to Welch though ...

As we have both said repeatedly, doesn't make sense to sign anyone until we get our coaching situation sorted. Longer we leave punting Pay, the harder it'll be to sign up players as there really isn't a point to signing a player atm as Pay will most likely leave soon...ish

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welch would be a great addition.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please be true, we need some positive news at this bloody club

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely BS, because Rothfield posted in Saints and Sinners today.

SHOOSH: Which very handy Melbourne Storm forward is in negotiations with the Rabbitohs for next season?

I can see George Burgess heading to Dragons to replace JDB, and Welch heading to Rabbitohs to replace Burgess.

That page (ditto BulldogsNation Twitter), just repost garbage. Pages are run by like 12 year olds I reckon.
Dont knock em incase it comes true mr i, u will get egg on your face. U know that.
But u reckon theres a good chance there not much substanse to it hey.
Pitty, id take welsh, and yes they will be sighning more forwards cause id say they plan on letting a few go.
Cheaper forwards and more talented expensive backs. I can live with that. Just replace pay as well.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just seen a rumour on FB that both Christian Welch and Joe Stimson from the Storm have agreed to terms with the dogs. Both seem to be good upcoming forwards. Welch for mine is a good signing. But why the fuck are we buying forwards?!
Because our forward pack is soft and both of these players are off contract. Personally, if true, i love the Welch signing, while Stimson is meh.

We do have 3 forwards off contract this year so its not like we are stacking up the forwards!

Of 1-7 available for next year, what and who is available? Corey Oates, Rapana??

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because our forward pack is soft and both of these players are off contract. Personally, if true, i love the Welch signing, while Stimson is meh.

We do have 3 forwards off contract this year so its not like we are stacking up the forwards!

Of 1-7 available for next year, what and who is available? Corey Oates, Rapana??
Spot on brother!

Welch is a terrific young forward and would be a great addition to the club.

Not so keen on Stimson or Britt but as you mentioned we have a few forwards off contract this year.

Personally i wouldnt bother with Stimson & Britt, and i would just re-sign Fualalo & Martin on one year deals, and we also have Renouf who should be ready next year

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Our toilet is busted so we go out and buy a new oven!
Where are the backs? We have plenty of forwards and zero backs. Reimis Smith is the only first grade quality outside back we have. Disgraceful.
Yes. We do have plenty of forwards. Sadly we dont seem to have many good ones. When the clean out is completed, and new players signed, we will have a very competitive team.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now they just put up we signed Harry grant as well. Seems like they are taking the piss on bulldogs 4 life

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dont knock em incase it comes true mr i, u will get egg on your face. U know that.
But u reckon theres a good chance there not much substanse to it hey.
Pitty, id take welsh, and yes they will be sighning more forwards cause id say they plan on letting a few go.
Cheaper forwards and more talented expensive backs. I can live with that. Just replace pay as well.
Both pages have a long history of bullshitting.

Exactly as I said above. These sites talk through their arse making their own rumours as they go along.

Now they just put up we signed Harry grant as well. Seems like they are taking the piss on bulldogs 4 life
Mate, the page is run by a 12 yr old kid.

Just a few months ago B4L posted we'd signed Gutherson and Munster.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both pages have a long history of bullshitting.

Exactly as I said above. These sites talk through their arse making their own rumours as they go along.

Mate, the page is run by a 12 yr old kid.

Just a few months ago B4L posted we'd signed Gutherson and Munster.
Still doesn't change the fact that we more than likely won't sign him. If any club shows interest, we're no chance (unless we pay massive overs)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
HAHAHAH the dumb **** banned me from his page for calling him out on the Harry Grant signing, and then promptly deleted the post.

Closing this thread. Not even going to entertain giving that site any more exposure.

If the rumour surfaces with a LEGITIMATE source, then feel free to repost/reopen thread.