Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly think it's a waste of time talking about buying new players atm. What's the point?

The stark reality is that we really can't bring in anyone of note until we have a half decent coaching leading the team. Who'll be attracted to coming here when we don't have a style or vision to how we're going to play? We're inept of ideas? The players look like they're hating it out there?

People will say "Money talks" and that may well be true. But if you're about to join a cooperation for big money you're still going to check who your boss is going to be in a year. Especially when that said cooperation has a history of cutting high profile recruits less than a year into their new contracts ... We're a mess. Sort out the boss first, so we get the right recruits in rather than signing players on Pay's vision then getting a new coach in who has a totally different style.

Should they board be speaking more? .... From a personal viewpoint I'd love it as I'm a selfish entitled **** who wants to know everything. But, when I get over myself, and think a little rationally I don't think they owe us explanations for every step they make. They owe us progress. If they tell you nothing for the next 4 years but we win 2 premierships in that till, will you be complaining about not hearing anything from them? Of course not. So why now?

This is what they said they'll do, business behind closed doors. Whether we like it or not, they said they'd do this and we voted them in. So ... we need to let them do their jobs.

Am I concerned that Pay is going to bury us? Truth is, he's already dug out the grave and our bodies are being slowly lowered down .... But I do hope our board aren't complete muppets and will act when necessary. For all we know they've been out talking to prospective coaches seeing where we stand on that front. So they're just riding out the storm at the present time ....

For me, they'll need to sack Pay in the next 3-4 weeks the way things are going, and probably bring in an interim coach from within the club. I just hope to God they've got a long-term plan to all of this, and I have to believe that they do ... until I see otherwise.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should ask all supporters to honk the horn in protest whenever you pass the leagues club or Belmore oval anytime night or day and whenever leaving a losing home game.

Might not do much but al least the dickheads will hear we arte not happy with coach and club and something needs to change..
Or rev there engines at the leagues club entrance or do burnouts around belmore.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ ^^^^

Walters only wants the SOO gig. He was offered the Brisbane gig before Seibold and politely refused.

Walker brothers are overhyped. Jets are sitting middle of the ladder (scoring 20 points but conceeding 28 a game). The other week they got blown off the park 62-8.
Its not so much about the results with part time footballers I'm getting at although they did win the Queensland Cup/ Intrust Super Cup in 2015.

Its their philosophy on not playing a so structured game plan and allowing players to play what they see resulting in attacking exciting football.

This is why I have suggested them as attacking coaches along with Kevin Walters as head coach.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After the Origin Series if finished.

The Board acts in the best interests of the Club and admit they got it wrong with Pay.

Then release Pay.

Sign Kevin Walters as Head Coach, he could also entice some Queenslander's here.

Sign the Walker Brothers as Assistant Coaches who concentrate on attack (Walters must accept this condition on signing).

The above and a cleanout of players should hopefully free up enough money to entice the best available players to want and play for us.

It could work as Walters has served a long enough apprenticeship under the NRL's two best coaches and it will also give the Walkers Brothers a chance to show what they can do in the hope that further down the track some other Club, maybe even us takes a chance on them as head coaches.

This may get us back in the same corner as Easts and Souths before 2023 as I have previously stated in my opinion is necessary.

It also may set a new trend of attacking unstructured (to a certain degree) football in the NRL if successful.

Wouldn't that be good for the game!
Its a lot different coaching 3 games in a year and having the whole year to prepare, while also having the comfort of choosing the best players available, compared to coaching 26 games and not having the comfort of choosing the best players available

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a lot different coaching 3 games in a year and having the whole year to prepare, while also having the comfort of choosing the best players available, compared to coaching 26 games and not having the comfort of choosing the best players available
I totally agree but he has a lot more experience than that and his is available, I'm realistically looking at the best coaches who are currently available and might be a chance of wanting to come to coach us at the moment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are going to be some massive scores racked up on this team very shortly.

You can see the players body language around Pay in the change rooms and he has lost them.

Once the big scores start coming his position will become untenable.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can see the players body language around Pay in the change rooms and he has lost them.

i agree i feel this coming ..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

This is my fear. If that happens, the club will suffer a set back to last even longer than we foresee now. Even $7Mil in 2021 won't help.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They should act on this asap not wait he shouldve been sacked today

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if they sack Pay now they will be crucified in the media

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is my fear. If that happens, the club will suffer a set back to last even longer than we foresee now. Even $7Mil in 2021 won't help.
If the big scores come and Pay goes it will be a better outcome then leaving Pay in charge and he wastes the $7 mil.

That cap space in 2021 is our biggest selling point to potential coaches.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if they sack Pay now they will be crucified in the media
Why though? Because they just re-signed him? They'll be crucified more for accepting failure and sitting back while the playing group revolts further against the coach...

Failure to act will only create more of a circus as Pay's job security will be a daily story and distraction. There's nothing wrong with writing your own wrongs. Being stubborn and trying to save face by keeping Pay on will only make them look worse.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why though? Because they just re-signed him? They'll be crucified more for accepting failure and sitting back while the playing group revolts further against the coach...

Failure to act will only create more of a circus as Pay's job security will be a daily story and distraction. There's nothing wrong with writing your own wrongs. Being stubborn and trying to save face will only make them look worse.
because most commentators say how abysmal or squad is and how pay has been put in a tough situation ... the media are setting Pay up to be the victim here.... just like they did with Hasler

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
because most commentators say how abysmal or squad is and how pay has been put in a tough situation ... the media are setting Pay up to be the victim here.... just like they did with Hasler
Fuck them. They'll find a way to criticise either way. We're getting hammered in the media constantly as it is for the woeful performances, selections and tactics each week as it is. They can't run the club based on how the media might react. They have to do what's best for the club, and not for their reputation.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck the media and the commentators our team shouldn't be dead last, we can play better but pay cannot get anything out of this group he dosent have it

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon gus Gould would love to help rebuild us into a powerhouse again but i dont think the Anderson’s egos would allow it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Re-signing Pay was a mistake but it's not in the same ball park as re-signing Des.

Pay's one year extension wouldn't be close to Des' two year deal on massive dollars.

The club can easily punt Pay today if they wanted to regardless of the extension they gave him. The question is when or will they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.