Other News Source Coach on the outter?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like all the available coaches are all shit. I don't rate any other coach except Bellamy.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would be after Kevin Walters as head coach, knows the broncos system and can attract talented players
that remains to be seen... anyone called up for there state likeley does not turn that offer down. but agree would make a good club coach

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I hope so
Funny how my opinion changed so quick in a few weeks
I rkn I gave him a fair chance
Me too mate, I backed him and defended him for too long.
He has well and truly lost me now.
Could be some substance to this. This new board didn’t sign Pay. We can’t get another rookie coach though. We need an established first grade coach!
No, but they did re-sign him.
Sadly he has to go.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Me too mate, I backed him and defended him for too long.
He has well and truly lost me now.

No, but they did re-sign him.
Sadly he has to go.
I think there’s a bunch of us in that boat, I was trying to give Pay time but the selections are just mind-boggling.

I’m all for changing the team up when necessary but there’s been way too much chopping and changing each week and then couple that with poor bench rotations and what seems like a clueless game plan and it becomes hard to support someone...

I’m the first to admit the roster is fucked, that it’s Des and Dibs fault BUT that doesn’t excuse the above poor decisions.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it would be all well and good if we sacked him and managed to get a good coach like bellamy, bennett, robinson ect but whos to say that the next rookie coach we sign will do any better? What happens if that coach comes in and decides he needs another 2-3 years to assemble the team he wants (just like pay is doing now). It could be a sideways swap that will drag things out even longer. Im hoping for a better outcome but until someone decent becomes available then im pretty sceptical

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to relax. Pay is going nowhere. All the information in the report is copied from the nufties on the kennel.
The club is supporting Pay. They fully realise he does not have a competitive roster.
I can tell you that recruitment is very high on the clubs agenda.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WHY IS HE STILL HEREEEEE FUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Replace him with who?
Anthony Griffin.

People need to relax. Pay is going nowhere. All the information in the report is copied from the nufties on the kennel.
The club is supporting Pay. They fully realise he does not have a competitive roster.
I can tell you that recruitment is very high on the clubs agenda.
That's completely different to what I'm hearing from inside the club.

Ripples have become waves, and the waves are getting bigger and bigger, and threaten to wash the coach up on the rocks.

Make no mistake, if a better option comes up and can be brought to the club, the club will either demote or release Pay in order to save their own arses.

It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another to admit and correct that mistake.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anthony Griffin.
Griffin is technically a decent coach but lack man-management skills.

He lost the playing group at both Brisbane and Penrith.

May be a stop gap alternative but I don't think a long term one.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck I hope so
Funny how my opinion changed so quick in a few weeks
I rkn I gave him a fair chance
Yeh me too mate. I could see it ages ago but I just wanted to give him a fair chance. I actually thought he’d build on how we finished last year.

I’ve given up on him, he can now piss off. I’ve seen enough, he’s got nothing!

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Writing was on the wall when we couldnt even compete with an 1/2 filled raiders reserve grade side.

Should have won by 20, drops our best option in the forwards, no fkn clue.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Griffin is technically a decent coach but lack man-management skills.

He lost the playing group at both Brisbane and Penrith.

May be a stop gap alternative but I don't think a long term one.
I question how much of that is true.

At Panthers he had them absolutely firing and was getting results until Cleary wanted to partner up with his son.
At Broncos he had them absolutely firing and was getting results until Bennett wanted back after failing.

We are talking about a coach who in about 8-10 seasons has only missed the finals once.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It has to be decided no later then November when it's open season for signings.
Why do it November do it now! Let the players enjoy the rest of the year instead of playing miserable.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 5 months (november) we have an absolute war chest to go to the market with to sign players for 2021 season. There are some talent coming off contract next year like

Fifita, Flegler, Milford, Staggs, Cotric, Wighton, Aj Brimson, Taupau, Both Trbojevic's, Papenhuyzen, Jesse Ramien, Jordan Mclean, Dylan Brown, Frizell, Lomax, Latrell Mitchell, Esan Marsters. Plus Others

We absolutely need to have either a respected coach or (hate to say it) Gus Gould at the club in order to snare some of this talent. There is no way these players are coming to Belmore whilst Pay or some other nuffy is at the helm.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In 5 months (november) we have an absolute war chest to go to the market with to sign players for 2021 season. There are some talent coming off contract next year like

Fifita, Flegler, Milford, Staggs, Cotric, Wighton, Aj Brimson, Taupau, Both Trbojevic's, Papenhuyzen, Jesse Ramien, Jordan Mclean, Dylan Brown, Frizell, Lomax, Latrell Mitchell, Esan Marsters. Plus Others

We absolutely need to have either a respected coach or (hate to say it) Gus Gould at the club in order to snare some of this talent. There is no way these players are coming to Belmore whilst Pay or some other nuffy is at the helm.
I would take Gould as a mentor for pay,let’s not forget pay was a rookie coach and never coached first grade.love him or hate him gould has the best footy brain.put him in to over see and help pay.id be happy with that.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His biggest problem is the bench rotations. He brings Falulolo and Martin on with about 25mins to go. They turn the match and what does he do when they are going well. He pulls them both off and the momentum changes.
Because he’s a dumb fuck