Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of you must have been watching a different game. Spurs didn’t “dominate “ possession. Just because they had more of the ball doesnt mean they dominated possession. We gave them as much possession as we wanted them to have and they had nothing to show for it .
The early goal we scored changed everything for us , from a mindset point of view how we had to play. We didn’t need to go out and attack and chase a goal because we had achieved that inside the minute. We became cautious not to let them into the match and our midfielders played conservatively. We succeeded in nullifying them because for 78 minutes they were a ZERO threat to us ,regardless if they had more ball. They did absolutely nothing with it. Infact , we looked closer to scoring a 2nd goal than what they did equalising.
Alison pulled off 3 good saves late in the game when they gave it all for an equaliser but when it mattered we came up with a 2nd match killing goal.
If I were opposing fans I’d be concerned how far Liverpool can go. We didn’t play well, stayed in 3rd gear yet won the final relatively easily.
Spurs were impotent because we made them impotent.
Somehow missed this post ...

Agree with it overall in that with such an early goal Liverpool then dropped deeper and played it safer. Basically gave the initiative to Spurs and said "Show us what you've got" and they pretty much had nothing.

In saying that, Liverpool were disappointing. It's fine to sit back and take the foot off the peddle to a point, but when we had the ball we were really wasteful. To a man the team said we played crap but who really cares.

Starting with Winks and Kane really hampered them imo. Was overjoyed to see both starting, and it really worked in our favour it has to be said

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp contract extension in the coming days. Matip and Milner also. Locks up the talent. The onto 2-3 big signings imo. Bring it Liverpool you sexy bastard. Bring it!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need more quality rotations for midfield, left back and left wing

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Need more quality rotations for midfield, left back and left wing
Hmm, I'd say an attacking midfielder, a wide player that can play across the front 3 and also a left back. Sounds like that's what we're going for ...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I never got to ask... but what do you guys think of Kinsey Wolanski?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've also been Spurs fan for 45 years and had tears in my eyes when we won the semi final.

But it wasn't meant to be and it seems like we were never in it.

Congratulations Liverpool.

I hope to see Spurs win the championship one day, damn Leicester.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nicolas Pepe lads. Not that I've seen much of him but seems like a top signing ... if the rumours are to believed. What do you guys think?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nicolas Pepe lads. Not that I've seen much of him but seems like a top signing ... if the rumours are to believed. What do you guys think?
If Klopp wants him, then I want him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Klopp wants him, then I want him.
Well, think we'll see him sign up in the next week it seems? Us or Bayern so ... we'll see. Definitely a very good player from all accounts. Similar to Salah which won't help the rumours of him wanting to leave at all ...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pepe scored 22 goals and had 11 assists in 38 games this past season. African winger who is only 24. Seems like he fits our team perfectly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well, think we'll see him sign up in the next week it seems? Us or Bayern so ... we'll see. Definitely a very good player from all accounts. Similar to Salah which won't help the rumours of him wanting to leave at all ...
Yh he looks to play a very similar role as Salah, unsure if he can play across frontline but I doubt it with how one footed he looks. He kind of has that Neymar feel about him where he just tries to dribble past every defender, then again I'm just going off a highlights package haha.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klopp is quite savvy when it comes to signing players and strengthening the squad. If Klopp wants him then there is a good reason why he wants ....he can play and he can help us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh he looks to play a very similar role as Salah, unsure if he can play across frontline but I doubt it with how one footed he looks. He kind of has that Neymar feel about him where he just tries to dribble past every defender, then again I'm just going off a highlights package haha.
I've actually read that he has played striker before. Seems as though most supporters are pretty excited about it so I'll go off what they say :grinning:)

Either way, it shows how far we've come that we're looking to spend 60m+ on a backup player! Really excited about the direction we're going in I've got to say.

Talk of Klopp extending his contract have died down which is disappointing. Need him at the club for another 5+ years at minimum!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp is quite savvy when it comes to signing players and strengthening the squad. If Klopp wants him then there is a good reason why he wants ....he can play and he can help us.
Agree. Edwards has been working absolute magic when it comes to our incomings / outgoings and think it'll continue. Still feel we need that AM and a LB but ...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've actually read that he has played striker before. Seems as though most supporters are pretty excited about it so I'll go off what they say :grinning:)

Either way, it shows how far we've come that we're looking to spend 60m+ on a backup player! Really excited about the direction we're going in I've got to say.

Talk of Klopp extending his contract have died down which is disappointing. Need him at the club for another 5+ years at minimum!
Yh I'm pretty much excited for any signing right now, Robbo was a nobody when we signed him and now he's the best left back in the game. We also have Brewster to look forward to who Klopp supposedly loves.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh I'm pretty much excited for any signing right now, Robbo was a nobody when we signed him and now he's the best left back in the game. We also have Brewster to look forward to who Klopp supposedly loves.
Robbo scored a cracker of a goal for Scotland today.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score