SMH Tigers keen to offload Josh Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Via Danny Wiedler
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ra...ating-premiership-claims-20190601-p51tjr.html

Drums beating louder for fan favourite

Josh Reynolds is one of the most loved players in the game, but his future at Wests Tigers could be in jeopardy. The talk is growing louder that the Tigers would let him go if there is a suitable offer from another club.

Reynolds has been hampered by injury since he arrived at the Tigers and has had to deal with tragedy in his personal life in recent times.

On the face of it, the Tigers have not got value for money. Reynolds joined the club last season on a four-year deal worth about $750,000 a year after he was forced out of the Bulldogs, but has only run out nine times for the joint venture.

This news would not be a surprise to Reynolds, who is said to be nervous about his place at the club. The key would be finding another team to take him on.

Player agents are talking about Reynolds being traded out of the Tigers, but when I spoke to his manager, George Mimis, he said he had not heard from the club.

The rumour has been around for the past few weeks, but is certainly gathering steam.

I'd take him back if Tigers cop $500k a year of his salary.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd take him back for the remainder of the season only forking out like 150k give him another farewell and then fuck him off again... at this point I'd try anything to dodge that fucking spoon. Leave him on the bench in 14. Really though, the boy should get his manager to call Wigan Warriors and ask for a gig, if Austin can carve up over their then Josh will have success also.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor Josh. Couldn't have happened to a nice bloke. At least he's getting paid either way. That offer from the Tigers was always insane.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it when ex bulldog players struggle. Let's get him back to play hooker at a fraction of his salary.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over rated and always injured no thanks

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d love to see him back, tbh. Doubtful we could afford it even if the tigers pay some of his freight, though.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The only Bulldog who plays with his heart on his sleeve. The rest of this current mob could at least learn from that.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Offers something that we're definitely missing since he left..... Love for the Jersey. Most of the 17 don't hurt when they lose games.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, we just keep passing him back and forth with the Tigers and see how much percentage of his salary the other has to pay?

If this some kind of Salary kicking duel?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only negative discussion points about having Reynolds back is his health and his asking price.
Having him back is a no brainer.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers would need to cough up 40-50% of his salary.

No brainer in bringing him back in

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was always a true bulldog, I mean it would be nice to have his passion back, and if he came back, he would play his absolute best to pay back the opportunity given. I’d say he will be home sick and missing his beloved bulldogs..!!

He would love being back home, I mean if it was a good deal an it happens it’s algood.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I could see him coming back.

Anything more than $300k is over-priced though, and even that's pushing it.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knowing our board, we'll sign him to a million dollar a year five year deal. Or just pick up his full contract from the tigers

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knowing our board, we'll sign him to a million dollar a year five year deal. Or just pick up his full contract from the tigers
Between he and foran combined they'd end up playing the majority of the season. lol

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean that’s always possible chimp, but let’s hope he’s cheap as Chips aye :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.