Other News Source Coach on the outter?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Page should be renamed "Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Assumptions, Made up Rumours, and Opinions".

That's all it is, nothing more nothing less.

They may as well have posted "theres an unconfirmed rumour that somewhere in the next 5 years the Bulldogs will sign a player".

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck I hope so
Funny how my opinion changed so quick in a few weeks
I rkn I gave him a fair chance
Mee too but the proof is in the pudding...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Page should be renamed "Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Assumptions, Made up Rumours, and Opinions".

That's all it is, nothing more nothing less.

They may as well have posted "theres an unconfirmed rumour that somewhere in the next 5 years the Bulldogs will sign a player".
Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire. .... one can only hope

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well let's face it, unless everyone at the club are complete idiots there must be some eyebrows starting to be raised? The whole situation is very disappointing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The sooner they act, they easier to will be to convince potential signings that we're a club that is committed to winning and turning things around.

The longer they leave it, the more likely players are to stay away from the drama and rabble. In this situation, decisive action is better than indecision.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I completely agree with you lads.

I was extremely optimistic when we parted with des (despite him clearly being a superior coach he became stale and never seemed to have the passion here) pay has since grinded me down to completely wanting him gone. He has no answers. I understand our roster is absolute rubbish. Though the players gone and the players he’s acquired and how he works the line ups and simple things like game structures and how he seems to have pets in the worst fucking players like lichaa and Elliott etc it’s done it’s dash with me.

He needs to go.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The sooner they act, they easier to will be to convince potential signings that we're a club that is committed to winning and turning things around.

The longer they leave it, the more likely players are to stay away from the drama and rabble. In this situation, decisive action is better than indecision.
It has to be decided no later then November when it's open season for signings.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still too long to wait , it need to be effective immediately, 3 more months of this is far too long..!!

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His biggest problem is the bench rotations. He brings Falulolo and Martin on with about 25mins to go. They turn the match and what does he do when they are going well. He pulls them both off and the momentum changes.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be some substance to this. This new board didn’t sign Pay. We can’t get another rookie coach though. We need an established first grade coach!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His biggest problem is the bench rotations. He brings Falulolo and Martin on with about 25mins to go. They turn the match and what does he do when they are going well. He pulls them both off and the momentum changes.
tbh bench rotation is a problem, but certainly not the biggest... I'd put team selections, recruitment, game strategy and position selections as far bigger problems than bench rotation..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire. .... one can only hope
Yeah but he's had such a broad swing. As I said, he may as well have posted up "Dogs will sign a player in the next 5 years".

It's a 50/50 as to if Pay gets sacked.

Logically I don't believe it will happen. If anything I believe he will step back to Asst Coach and they'll bring in someone with experience in rebuilds. Then if say in 3 years Griff or someone else wants to leave, Pay could take over head coach again, with enough experience in a rebuild to guide the team to better things.

I don't think it's that Deans a bad coach per se, but rather he's not the best coach for the current situation.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but he's had such a broad swing. As I said, he may as well have posted up "Dogs will sign a player in the next 5 years".

It's a 50/50 as to if Pay gets sacked.

Logically I don't believe it will happen. If anything I believe he will step back to Asst Coach and they'll bring in someone with experience in rebuilds. Then if say in 3 years Griff or someone else wants to leave, Pay could take over head coach again, with enough experience in a rebuild to guide the team to better things.

I don't think it's that Deans a bad coach per se, but rather he's not the best coach for the current situation.
He’s a bad coach mate, he’s got no football acumen... too old school for the modern game

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage the team looks pretty devoid of confidence. And while I look at the refereeing against us as being a strong contributing factor. The fact remains that we tend to only put together around 20-30 minutes per game where our attack clicks.

By now Pay needed to instill confidence to try their hand early on in games. I've said before that I will support him and the board if they stick with him. But I don't imagine that they have much patience with the results. Wouldn't surprise me if he's demoted and an experienced head coach is bought in.

But the fact is that this is just another rumour mill article until the club makes a change. Don't get excited about the prospect of seeing a new coach at the helm until the club actually signs one