Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I defended Pay. But after last night. He is so far out of his depth. So much chopping and changing. And not just last night. Since the start of the year he has chopped and changed players.

Last season a positive at the end was our right side, Jacko, Holland and smith. So what does he do? Moves Holland to the left hand side.

Jacko has always played right side. He moves him to the left side. Plays him at lock when he feels like it.

Elliot. This **** shouldn’t even be playing first grade. When he burst on the scene two years ago he was a good edge player. So where does Pay play him? In the middle.

CHN. He’s an edge player. So Pay plays him off the bench and in the middle. Then drops him when he’s one of our only attacking threats.

Montoya. Is he a centre? Is he a winger? Pay doesn’t know. Just play him anywhere. Fuck me.

RFM. **** again shouldn’t be playing first grade. Yet after a 2 month lay off pay chucks him straight in starting.

The whole signing an actual FB in Meaney then not playing him in first grade until rd3

The decision to drop Lewis. I was for this decision, but then to hear Lewis say he was dropped and told to work on his defence? Are you fucking kidding me? He’s defence is probably the best in the whole team.

He seems to have his favourites who wouldn’t even make other teams reserve grade team. Elliot, JMK.

The whole debacle with supposedly not rating Martin and leaving him out each week. No wonder players are supposedly over his coaching.

He is so far out of his depth. The club needs to get rid of him and honestly get rid of 25 of our top 30.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring back Kevin Moore
Think of all the players we signed during his time, he's obviously a good salesman of the club. He might be good in some type of recruitment role.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you have to look at our position. If pay is removed then Griffin for me is the only coach who would be available for the short term. Then later as long term with our rebuild of players we can attract a long term proven coach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This season our 2 best forwards who look like making any go forward or attacking options have been Martin and CHN. What's Pay do? Shows total disrespect to them, drops them, destroys their confidence, while praising out of form plodders. Unbelievable incompetence from our coach.

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
The players need a manager to manage them. By the time they are in first grade they have been coached to death and some don't even need coaching.
This is why in Europe they call them managers and not coaches.
And great players rarely make good coaches.
I don't think sir Alex furgerson was the best player,nor Bennett or even Bellamy.
You need a man manager, bulldog or otherwise.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think you have to look at our position. If pay is removed then Griffin for me is the only coach who would be available for the short term. Then later as long term with our rebuild of players we can attract a long term proven coach
Griffin has too much baggage for us. He has issues with player unrest so not the right coach atm in particular. The situation is so dire, its hard to suggest any one better tho.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BK is your best bet in my opinion unless Dymock wants to have a dig with Georgallis.
I dont mind him BK actually his pretty smart from what i hear

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Griffin has too much baggage for us. He has issues with player unrest so not the right coach atm in particular. The situation is so dire, its hard to suggest any one better tho.
Didnt know about that, pay seems to have the same problem with player unrest

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Sherwin, however. One of the three you mention have any coaching experience. I’d pick Ennis over everyone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hindsight is a funny thing.

On one hand: A board that allowed way too much control to a coach. A coach stubborn against change. A CEO who hadn't read Management for Dummies.
On the other hand: A board that stays silent and employs mates and friends. A coach who has boards support and is way out of his depth despite making change. A CEO who diplomatically speaks, but when he does speaks vaguely in comments that end up amounting to nothing.

The difference between the hands is that one hand still had the team performing despite obvious issues and cap mismanagement. The other hand is just completely unprofessional and clueless across the entire club, and struggling for answers without any way of moving forwards, despite using that excuse too often.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's quite obvious pay doesn't know what he's doing so my question is should the club appoint a mentor to oversee recruitment and Coaching in the remaining years of Pays contract? That way, It undermines him and they don't have to sack him mid contract.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah they should sack the **** (no offense to pay just his coaching ability)

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan if aloud back if we can't get him go for Justin Holdbrook 3rd choice would be Adam O'Brien

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why keep saying we need to have an ex bulldogs player as coach, what we need is a proven top line coach and a top recruitment person, no more just filling the position with a poor or unproven coach, open the cheque book buy the best

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe Sherwin, however. One of the three you mention have any coaching experience. I’d pick Ennis over everyone.

Actually saw Mick Ennis at Homebush near the NRL centre of excellence running the emerging Blues through their paces. Looked pretty good too and had them looking sharp.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
having someone come in and baby sit pay is just further embarrassment on the club, bandaid on top of bandaid on top of bandaid

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay surely wont last the year ? The board surely can see deans out of his depth

Status
Not open for further replies.