Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
VVD: “I think in July, everyone starts on nil, we want to challenge for every trophy possible, we’ve got the squad to do it.”

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These type of comments from the manager and players is why I think this is just the beginning of something HUGE. To have that attitude already, that will do go on and win more immediately after winnin gthe CL is massive.

These boys are going to create history together.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The old man left sad, I was disappointed with the game
And the scousers finally got a trophy....
Poor old Kloppy would of laced himself up with a loss, I just admit I thought u blokes would walk all over spurs when in fact they were the ones with poor finished from superior midfield control
But well done

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The old man left sad, I was disappointed with the game
And the scousers finally got a trophy....
Poor old Kloppy would of laced himself up with a loss, I just admit I thought u blokes would walk all over spurs when in fact they were the ones with poor finished from superior midfield control
But well done
Stop sucking up.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are levels to this game.

Liverpool have just won their 6th European trophy

While Man United finished in 6th position

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we keep these players for the next 5 years or so, and keep adding talent, then teams in Europe are going to be in trouble... YNWA!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are levels to this game.

Liverpool have just won their 6th European trophy

While Man United finished in 6th position
Yup then there’s the English team with the most trophy’s.....

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just putting this here!
I think we all said that, but in fact spurs controlled most of the game
“Surprising” but last touches were shithouse
I think the few weeks off from football was why it’s was a shithouse game to watch
Pity it wasn’t a couple of weeks ago

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Spurs were woeful. :-)

All their possession was in their own 2/3 of the pitch. As soon as they got in the front third the press ganging tactics the Reds applied shut them down. Liverpool's front 3 were playing more like offensive midfielders, sure they need to be supremely fit and fast but in Salah and Mane they have that luxury. At times there was barely 15M of length in the Liverpool team in their own half with all 10 players inside it. Like parking the bus, but the bus is a V12 Twin Turbo for the counterattack.

I think both of their respective finals were in the Semi's and both teams should be proud of those games.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spurs were woeful. :-)

All their possession was in their own 2/3 of the pitch. As soon as they got in the front third the press ganging tactics the Reds applied shut them down. Liverpool's front 3 were playing more like offensive midfielders, sure they need to be supremely fit and fast but in Salah and Mane they have that luxury. At times there was barely 15M of length in the Liverpool team in their own half with all 10 players inside it. Like parking the bus, but the bus is a V12 Twin Turbo for the counterattack.

I think both of their respective finals were in the Semi's and both teams should be proud of those games.

Spurs dominated possession all over, especially last 20 but lacked that last touch
Liverpool counter attack was dangerous
Allison never got tested, Kane was non exsistent, son was very good but seemed nervous to pull the trigger
Did dele alli even play?
Overall a shit game for a champions league final, but like you said played there finals in the semi

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of you must have been watching a different game. Spurs didn’t “dominate “ possession. Just because they had more of the ball doesnt mean they dominated possession. We gave them as much possession as we wanted them to have and they had nothing to show for it .
The early goal we scored changed everything for us , from a mindset point of view how we had to play. We didn’t need to go out and attack and chase a goal because we had achieved that inside the minute. We became cautious not to let them into the match and our midfielders played conservatively. We succeeded in nullifying them because for 78 minutes they were a ZERO threat to us ,regardless if they had more ball. They did absolutely nothing with it. Infact , we looked closer to scoring a 2nd goal than what they did equalising.
Alison pulled off 3 good saves late in the game when they gave it all for an equaliser but when it mattered we came up with a 2nd match killing goal.
If I were opposing fans I’d be concerned how far Liverpool can go. We didn’t play well, stayed in 3rd gear yet won the final relatively easily.
Spurs were impotent because we made them impotent.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
teams who play all game with a lead will not look to dominate possession, they already have what they need