canterbury bulldogs board

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This members forum will be very interesting when is it? They will know they are going to cop some heat

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The powerhouse teams and their boards don't sit back and wait for things to happen, they make things happen. There's only so long the same excuses can be used.
Until such time as the members clue up and opposing people put up a fight against current board, they'll walk back in.

This members forum will be very interesting when is it? They will know they are going to cop some heat
Was last Thursday and fuck all was said/mentioned by all accounts.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Until such time as the members clue up and opposing people put up a fight against current board, they'll walk back in.
I was all for the new board but I'm very concerned about the way things are headed.

I think it's likely the current board will get in again but I'm pretty sure I can vote this time around and will be thinking very carefully about things, hopefully others do too.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could the members of the club pass a vote of no confidence in the current board and force a new board election?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need a certain amount of Football Club member signatures to force a extraordinary general meeting. I can’t remember the amount off the top of my head. It won’t happen anyway.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think hindsight is a wonderful thing, the decision to re-sign Pay was a poor one and now it’s hurting them.

If they didn’t re-sign him and we were still coachless, we’d be less outraged.

They have sort of backed themselves into a corner though, sack Pay and they look like Dib and co. and keep him and we’ll struggle even further to recruit quality.

It does look like they re-signed him with an eye to a new coach in 2020, that’s how I see it anyway...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think hindsight is a wonderful thing, the decision to re-sign Pay was a poor one and now it’s hurting them.

If they didn’t re-sign him and we were still coachless, we’d be less outraged.

They have sort of backed themselves into a corner though, sack Pay and they look like Dib and co. and keep him and we’ll struggle even further to recruit quality.

It does look like they re-signed him with an eye to a new coach in 2020, that’s how I see it anyway...
I think the logic used was stability. But I don't think many players would be upset if Pay wasn't coach next year and it doesn't look like we're signing many players for next year at this stage. The board shouldn't have rushed into it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was all for the new board but I'm very concerned about the way things are headed.

I think it's likely the current board will get in again but I'm pretty sure I can vote this time around and will be thinking very carefully about things, hopefully others do too.
With every loss the waves of discontent grow larger, the oceans open up, and the shipwreck that is the Bulldogs grows closer to sinking.

Board cannot continue to hide on this one. They need to come out, get a voice, and act, otherwise if someone else sweeps in with an attractive offer in Feb, they very much could get wiped out.

Voters and fans will understand a fuck up if they axe Pay and bring in someone else. They won't if the board support him to the point they have no other option but to replace him.

Excuses only go so far and if on field performances don't change and fast, if we head into next years election with 3 wins for the season and the board failing to act/speak and staying silent, all it takes is a reasonable campaign from opposition, and this mob could be out in straight sets.

Dib and Co hung themselves through years of failure, culminating to a point their position was untennable (?). This time around voters will be far cluier than before, having seen the shitstorm of the past.

If success doesn't come soon, the excuses will wear thin, and the board could cop the backlash.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Was last Thursday and fuck all was said/mentioned by all accounts.
Apparently questions had to be in well before the meeting and you can bet your sweet life those questions were heavily vetted and cherry picked. Someone who went to the meeting said little was said using a lot of fancy words. You never get a straight answer only what they want you to hear.Our club is slowly becoming a mere shadow of itself and it seems that those in charge are content to sit back and pay lip service to the fans.

I don't know who to believe, but last night I heard rather alarming things coming from what was termed a reliable source relating to ex-player/ current player payments. Someone is not telling the truth....but the drums are beating louder with a lot of comments here pretty much on the mark.

The only madness at the club at the moment relates to the poor team selections and tactics being employed by the coaching staff. We play ten minutes of footy in a game and the rest of the time it is one out running,slow play the balls, shitty kicking and just plain dumb play with forwards getting in the way of back line moves and no urgency in claiming loose possession or packing scrums. We are content to waste our 30 seconds each time and it was abysmal to watch the time ticking away when we could have been winning the game.Even when we levelled up I was of the opinion that the game would still be the Raiders and of course, to script, a dumb penalty near the end gifting them the game.

So sad to see what has happened to the Bulldogs......

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
when will the canterbury bulldogs board stand up and make a clear statement to the coach, the team, the staff that no ones job or position is safe, why have they not come out and said, all those players off contract are playing for their future all be it for another club, as their time here at canterbury is all but over.
let the off contract players know they are finished, make them then play for their future, let player managers know we are on the hunt for new players
So you want communications between the board and the coach made public?

Is this what professional teams like the Roosters, Broncos and Storm do?

Do they let the public know all internal workings of their club? Do they release all internal memos and conversations?

The truth is we have no idea what the board has said or hasn't said to Pay. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it hasn't been said.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I cant see any reason to persist with Pay after this season. Theyre not doing their job if they are not making enquiries to other coaches right now.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Graham hughes didnt defend pay when buzz was criticising him. The wheels may be in motion

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you want communications between the board and the coach made public?

Is this what professional teams like the Roosters, Broncos and Storm do?

Do they let the public know all internal workings of their club? Do they release all internal memos and conversations?

The truth is we have no idea what the board has said or hasn't said to Pay. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it hasn't been said.
the truth is , successful clubs are run by boards who dont settle for mediocrity, they dont hold onto rubbish players, they dont sign dud hookers, they dont let the only recognized players from the club leave or push them out the door, our board has allowed all this to happen, we do know the board gave pay another year..why...we do know they shopped josh brett morris james graham reynolds mbye to other clubs, that we are still paying a percentage of their wage to play against us, what further proof do you need that out board are hopeless and doing nothing but burying the club further into the shit pile

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The club is being run down to such an extent who would want to eat this sandwich???

Nobody is who.

Dib, Peponis & many other life members who were on or associated with the previous Football & Leagues club boards have been very effectively run out of town.

TPAs are non existent.

This is totally the Andersons baby now.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the truth is , successful clubs are run by boards who dont settle for mediocrity, they dont hold onto rubbish players, they dont sign dud hookers, they dont let the only recognized players from the club leave or push them out the door, our board has allowed all this to happen, we do know the board gave pay another year..why...we do know they shopped josh brett morris james graham reynolds mbye to other clubs, that we are still paying a percentage of their wage to play against us, what further proof do you need that out board are hopeless and doing nothing but burying the club further into the shit pile
What we know is that the board inherited mediocrity, they just haven't fixed it. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

The mediocre hooker was already there the other was signed as NSW Cup Back Up.They shopped josh & brett morris, james graham, reynolds & mbye to other clubs because the backended contracts they were on made it untenable and too expensive to keep them. We don't have a $30 mil salary cap like the Roosters.

You should get your facts straight we only ever paid for the 1st year of any player we off-loaded. This year I don't think we are playing for anyone. Klemmer asked to leave, we are not paying a cent for him.

If you have a salary cap that has been destroyed like Dib, Raelene & Des did to ours you can only hold on to mediocre players until you get out from under the mess.

Recognized players leave clubs all the time. Look at Napa, DWZ at Penrith, James Roberts. That is a list of Origin and Internationals that took me 3 seconds to think of. The list of players shopped around from club to club is a long one.

I don't know if this board is what we need, I am reserving judgment. A mess like this takes time. They may just F@#K it up.............Time will tell.

But dude, seriously, at least use some facts in this argument.

Reactions: DDR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Clubs in worst positions that "apparently" we are with the cap have made better signings than we have.

Just look at the Knights.

The "we have no money in the salary cap" is an excuse being trotted around by an unprofessional and clueless board who've fucked up renewing Pays contract (and letting him bring in who he wants).

They've been like this even before they got in, but it's becomming more and more apparent that they don't have a frigging clue and are trying to run the club (and coach the team) like it's 20 years in the past.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who mentioned supporting another team? Again people like you always jump on the support another team quote. Is that all you have to say when it’s quite obvious the club is a shit hole at the moment run by idiots who have no clue what they are doing?
Your opinion is noted. Was great to see you at the game on Saturday. We at the Bulldogs dont eat our young...we encourage them. Keep supporting our side because we are going places. #Talk the team up. Just let us know if youd like a signed jersey.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score