Official Round 12 - Press Conference

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same shit different week
He just repeats the same sorry excuses every week
We’re young, we need to accept where the team is at.
Played well in patches blah blah
FMD your the fucken coach Dean make a change don’t accept the same shit every week
If this isn’t the team to take the club forward find the right players or kindly fuck off!!!!!!

Find the right players like Joe Stimson and Dean Britt eh, those two will definitely take us to a premiership. They’re both attacking geniuses with fantastic speed, footwork and have great kicking games , we now have TWO x-factors. Whoever it was, Pay, Mark Hughes or Chris Anderson who decided to sign either of these two reserve grade muppets should be sacked NOW !!!!

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel better now. Dean said it will turn and we’ll get the results we’re looking for. He’s definitely got this. Bright days ahead...

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay gets treated so softly at these press conferences. He should be hammered with tough questions and made to really sweat it out. That’s what I want to see.
Just for once I'd like to see the press ask 'Why are you such a shit coach? or why don't you quit? When you pick the team for the next game do you just pick names out of a hat?

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He ends by saying - it'll turn and we'll get a couple of results that we're looking for.

He's right

Sadly, we'll only get a couple more 'results' this year

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does he not understand that 3 wins is unacceptable and the fact that we dont look like winning another game this season this is not fucking okay

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He appears to be at breaking point - hope he has support - nice bloke etc but totally out of his depth as a first grade coach it seems. Wouldn't surprise me if he realises it as well and would deep down be relieved if someone else took over.
I expected the dogs to be in the bottom four at the beginning of the year but to be this poor - forwards being totally dominated by big names like cory horsbrough, no dummy half running, dropping the only forward who has shown an ability to attack this year as well as in any interviews he appears clueless. sad!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He appears to be at breaking point - hope he has support - nice bloke etc but totally out of his depth as a first grade coach it seems. Wouldn't surprise me if he realises it as well and would deep down be relieved if someone else took over.
I expected the dogs to be in the bottom four at the beginning of the year but to be this poor - forwards being totally dominated by big names like cory horsbrough, no dummy half running, dropping the only forward who has shown an ability to attack this year as well as in any interviews he appears clueless. sad!
He should go and ask the board to pay him out and concede defeat he’s done

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its time to stop protesting and start BEGGING him to leave!!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve asked this before does anyone have any idea about whether or not there was a performance clause in his contract like if we get the spoon we can turn him ffs why they resigned him I’ll never know

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Same shit different week
He just repeats the same sorry excuses every week
We’re young, we need to accept where the team is at.
Played well in patches blah blah
FMD your the fucken coach Dean make a change don’t accept the same shit every week
If this isn’t the team to take the club forward find the right players or kindly fuck off!!!!!!
If I was the coach I'd be so angry with the lack of effort.

They start too fucking slow. There's no intent , nobody wants to stick their necks out.
Just boring rubbish garbage

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve asked this before does anyone have any idea about whether or not there was a performance clause in his contract like if we get the spoon we can turn him ffs why they resigned him I’ll never know
"It was mentioned here that his extension is only based on performance on this year's result". He was only extended to keep the media quiet. I hope this turns out to be true because we just wasted a season building towards nothing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's time Pay called in the board and said to them "get me some help here". Bring in Griffin, Toovey, Holbrook, any NRL coach that has experience in rebuilds.

Rookie coaches and rebuilds never work, the board should know that.

Pay gets treated so softly at these press conferences. He should be hammered with tough questions and made to really sweat it out. That’s what I want to see.
Nobody wants to see those sad Dean Pay eyes crying..

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't get why he keeps saying its a young in experienced team!

That raiders team was young and inexperienced not us!
Jackson, hopoate, foran, tolman, elliott, corey all have over 4 years experience and i think there are even more players.
This team just isnt putting in