Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wighton is a spine player now (5/8th and fullback) you won't get him at centre price
Agree, I just don't se Canberra winning anything with Wighton in the halves, largely due to his average 7 options. Don't think Williams is the answer they need either.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, I just don't se Canberra winning anything with Wighton in the halves, largely due to his average 7 options. Don't think Williams is the answer they need either.
Williams is deadset bog average. Wighton is a flog but he's a quality footballer for mine

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Williams is deadset bog average. Wighton is a flog but he's a quality footballer for mine
Sam Williams and their recruit George Williams... both average. But yeah always liked Wighton strong player.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haven't seen George play but I thought he was highly rated?
he was good when he came onto the scene at Warrington, but he hasn't impressed me at all during his stint at wigan... i guess they did lose Bateman and Tomkins boys though. Perhaps he will produce the goods with Canberra, but i see him as a running half more than a organiser so will be interesting to see how he and Wighton go together.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jayden Nikorima... hooker or halves player.

Stuck at Redcliffe after his 2nd drugs strike but can play NRL if given a chance.

I reckon we give them Lichaa in replacement.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jayden Nikorima... hooker or halves player.

Stuck at Redcliffe after his 2nd drugs strike but can play NRL if given a chance.

I reckon we give them Lichaa in replacement.
I think his cards might be marked.

Funny you mention Redcliffe, that's where Asipeli Fine has ended up. Can't crack QLD Cup side so he's playing in their reserve grade side in the Brisbane comp.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think his cards might be marked. Funny you mention Redcliffe, that's where Asipeli Fine has ended up. Can't crack QLD Cup side so he's playing in their reserve grade side in the Brisbane comp.
I thought he was off to ESL? Still has something to offer in the NRL I feel.

Nikorima, whilst an idiot for trying to get someone to take the fall for him (and probably failing the dickhead test), surely offers more than JMK and Lichaa combined. If I recall correctly coming through he was the better of the Nikorimas.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury should approach Penrith and try to entice him, there under pressure and maybe get Luai, recruitment for Canterbury should be calculating moving forward

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offence but why would they be dumb enough to let go of their best forwards?
They'll probably release Tim Grant and we will throw big coin at him.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JFH isnt a game breaker in my opinion. Sure he is decent but he isn't going to give us the X factor we need. Radley, Nikora & Cameron Murray would be the 3 I would chase for forwards and for backs Xeri, Nicol-clokstad & a rookie half that actually likes to go to the line with pace.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you'd give him a crack?
Yes Assassin.. Mr Holland would definitely give him a crack haha, actually in his own words.. we SHOULD have a crack at him !!! :tearsofjoy:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes Assassin.. Mr Holland would definitely give him a crack haha, actually in his own words.. we SHOULD have a crack at him !!! :tearsofjoy:
Daves still holding out for his one true love, methy matt damon
images (1).jpeg
But will take JFH as a consolation prize

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Daves still holding out for his one true love, methy matt damon
View attachment 10152
But will take JFH as a consolation prize
Lol, chimpy aye .!!!

And poor Mr Holland’s thread has the potential to get hijacked again? (Surely not) He was just stating a serious point at whom we should have a crack at.. :tongueclosed:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol, chimpy aye .!!!

And poor Mr Holland’s thread has the potential to get hijacked again? (Surely not) He was just stating a serious point at whom we should have a crack at.. :tongueclosed:
Why not scooob, we need something to cheer us up in this morbid hour. Think about how fun it was last time ;)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not scooob, we need something to cheer us up in this morbid hour. Think about how fun it was last time ;)
That is was mate, many pages of shits An giggles thanks to Holland :innocent:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tigers keen to offload Josh Reynolds after one year into his 4 year $750k a season deal.

If Tigers cop the majority .... would it be worth the risk getting Passion back for one last swansong?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers keen to offload Josh Reynolds after one year into his 4 year $750k a season deal.

If Tigers cop the majority .... would it be worth the risk getting Passion back for one last swansong?
Doubt he’d wanna come back tbh

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Theres not much centre talent coming off contract this year. I think theres value in takarangi though. He is turning 30 but hes a big skilful player with an offload. Should be able to get him for not much too. Hel def add to our backline