Hoppa back to fullback

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember last season with Hopoate at fullback he could break tackles offload and get a line break started.
Or could chime into the backline and get a cut out pass for a try assist.
Meaney is not doing anything in attack is he.
Meaney is a very simple safe robotic Fullback. He’s not the modern day Fullback. Hopa is way more contemporary than Meaney and he’s 5 years older. Need Hopa back at 1.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Swap meaney with smith he needs the ball more and would be dangerous returning the ball...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hoppa legit falls over as soon as he gets touched now lol, going back to him is just going backwards. Meaney does look hesitant at contact lately, hasn't really out the foot down and just ambled into the defence. Can say the same for most the squad at this stage.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa legit falls over as soon as he gets touched now lol, going back to him is just going backwards. Meaney does look hesitant at contact lately, hasn't really out the foot down and just ambled into the defence. Can say the same for most the squad at this stage.
We really need to beg someone to take Hoppa off our hands... Meaney needs a spell in reggies until he bulks up and can break tackles and we need to find another FB for the mean time. I know you wont agree but its time to really look at what B'French is doing.

I also said in another thread its time for JMK to get a break too.. He stopped evolving and is a dud... Maybe Liddle would be a better option right now.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no confidence in the playing squad at all in particular the spine.
Meaney chimed in nicely for the Montaya try and he's safe at the back, the worrying sign is his lack of significant improvement in his 10 games this year.
That's the fault of the coaching staff. What are they doing to ensure he's learning and applying the knowledge in games? Would a reggies stint improve his confidence or reduce it?
In the situation that we're in we might as well.persist with him in first grade and get some time, confidence and improvement into him for next year.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa offers nothing anywhere
I think everyone noticed a 5 metre run from dummy half , 1 minute to go on the clock and gets driven back 5 metres

Story of every run he makes
When we talk about clean up i am sure with Manly looking at outside backs des would love his fav back
P.S take the safest and best prop with him too in tolman while you are at it
Slowest player ever !!!
Burns me evertime he touches the ball anD makes 6 metre runs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa is shit. Please someone explain to me his value in the team? He offers nothing. He’s physically extremely below average in every aspect, he doesn’t have anything mentally, his experience doesn’t show in any way.

Throw Harper in the deep end sink or swim, if he sinks then he isn’t right for us either

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa is bad for the squad I reckon, we don’t need church boys.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's no confidence in the playing squad at all in particular the spine.
Meaney chimed in nicely for the Montaya try and he's safe at the back, the worrying sign is his lack of significant improvement in his 10 games this year.
That's the fault of the coaching staff. What are they doing to ensure he's learning and applying the knowledge in games? Would a reggies stint improve his confidence or reduce it?
In the situation that we're in we might as well.persist with him in first grade and get some time, confidence and improvement into him for next year.
I agree.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM is so overrated by people on here. He doesn’t offer much and makes way too many errors for mine. Back to reserve grade

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM is so overrated by people on here. He doesn’t offer much and makes way too many errors for mine. Back to reserve grade
He was shithouse last night, but first game back
In the end his top 3-4 second rowers at the club, we don’t have much else

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney would be shit if he played in the 90s. Silva and Patten good step and back up through the middle.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldnt give hoppa 10 minutes in fg. Let alone at fullback again. Lazy. Meaney is our fullback safe and just needs time to blend in with the team. His doing his job needs to do more in attack. Hoppa currently is a basket case

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldnt give hoppa 10 minutes in fg. Let alone at fullback again. Lazy. Meaney is our fullback safe and just needs time to blend in with the team. His doing his job needs to do more in attack. Hoppa currently is a basket case
Meaney is yet to score a try for us. I’ve bet on him to score the last two weeks thinking he is due and watched him closely but he hasn’t gone close. When we got on a roll in 2nd half last night he should have been able to be the difference against the tiring defence. Rod Silva would often get dominated coming out of our end early in games but in the last 15 mins he was deadly. I would try Reimis at fullback and Meaney to right centre. Monty has bulked up and stepped up on the left but the right side needs some speed.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney is yet to score a try for us. I’ve bet on him to score the last two weeks thinking he is due and watched him closely but he hasn’t gone close. When we got on a roll in 2nd half last night he should have been able to be the difference against the tiring defence. Rod Silva would often get dominated coming out of our end early in games but in the last 15 mins he was deadly. I would try Reimis at fullback and Meaney to right centre. Monty has bulked up and stepped up on the left but the right side needs some speed.
His hesitant for some reason in attack not sure if his being instructed but not attacking at all like i expected. I think reimis would definitely break tackles. But i think meaney is the guy just feel his slowly fitting in im as frustrated waiting as all

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay keeps throwing him into the starting lineup despite doing nothing to deserve it he needs to ease him back off the bench

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM is brilliant if used properly. Meaney too small to even look like breaking a tackle. Hoppa os a better option at FB. People can call him useless but he has run over 300m 3 times in the last 2 years something Slater didnt do once and he is far more potent with offloads and tackle breaks there.