Damning Stats

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well how did supercoach go last night! without his origin payers no cigar! and with still a great forward pack no cigar! so should Bennet get the sack? after all thier leading the comp and Parra beat them
Not ONE player has improved. They have actually gone backwards.

We need a new coach.

And yes, Bennett should be sacked so we can get him.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well how did supercoach go last night! without his origin payers no cigar! and with still a great forward pack no cigar! so should Bennet get the sack? after all thier leading the comp and Parra beat them
Drawing comparisons between Bennett and Pay! fml

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Completion rates are the most overrated stat by coaches. Obviously you don't want a tonne of errors but there's no point completing yours sets when you never look to score. Quite often teams at the bottom have better completion rates than teams at the top. Safety first footy isn't going to win shit.
I think it was 2017 or 2018, the top 8 sides had the worst completion rates and the bottom 8 had the best. ***** like Pay use the excuse of a game where we complete really really low as a reason for the focus on it

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes last year holland and smith were on fire. Couldnt ask for a better combination. Backed each other up and new each others play. Smith hardly sees the ball now and we are struggling to score tries. Looking forward to seeing how good holland goes in reggies. Want to see some tries and attack no point in worrying about stats when you are the spooners
Pay is fcuked… Fullstop. Best game we played this yr was when the team was settled and every player was in their respected positions.

We haven't seen that team since... PAY IS A DEREK!!!!

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasn't changed much since Des's last year with us, I think our average was 14 points a game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We are unleashing the madness so hard that whoever runs the social media fucks up and uses menace instead of madness almost weekly. It's comical how off they are.
Well given how unprofessional the board has been from pitch to beyond, I'm hardly suprised.

Almost as comical as when the Dib ran board had a stall at a game for "MEMEBERSHIPS" :D

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
In a rebuild, we needed our DNA back but also experienced coaching. Giving Pay the responsibility to achieve both with inexperienced players and bad habits to break seemed like a bold ask. The stats show we are deeply struggling in every department, except over protective habits that disconnect you from your environment preventing you from being informed instinctive and able to flow with your skills, talent and seizing opportunities. That over protection is evident with a high completion rate, that does not come from our skill and discipline to hold onto the ball, but the commitment to resist doing more with it, regardless of the opportunities.

One thing I have noticed is that our young players don't have a deep resolve to win. They try, they show promise, but they fade the moment the momentum and the odds to win are against them.

I also notice that their youth is making them too self-focused. They are too insecure in their ability and hence are trying to prove to themselves and others that they are the real deal. Very normal for young inexperienced players! So we end up seeing less teamwork and synergy and more over-trying. I notice the over trying is causing overthinking. Hence why we have no flow. We make consistent unforced errors and our passing is not intuitive. It does not place the ball in front of the player on a consistent basis so the speed of the receiver is optimised. Hence our attack is constantly being disrupted with bad passing. We have passages when we do click into that, but the inexperience causes us to easily get rattled and out of that groove when the opposition step up, which in this competition, they always do!

If I was consulting the Dogs and Pay, I would help prioritise the focus on the following: -

1. Each individual player needs an assessment on their value system as a player. I would engage in a process that would expose and weed out their self-doubt and misplaced understanding of what their true role is. Hence our players can have a better foundation in their character to play a game to win well and even lose well if you know what I mean.
2. I would educate them on the power of intuition and create drills at training to get them understanding how to feel in the passing and not let their head interrupt their instinct.
3. I would create resilience when the odds are stacked against them, by reframing the purpose of the game and their character, making what they do moment to moment as the victory, not the score. So when things go wrong, they are triggered into more focus, more determination and the intensity is dramatically raised when needed.
4. I would assess every facet of their lifestyle and get them better aligning their habits to better provide a foundation for focus, endurance and motivation to play for 80 mins.

Then I believe all the other facets of training will be better performed and play their role and rounding them out as better players.

And yes, I am basing this on my 18,000 coaching hours helping clients reinvent themselves, using powerful principles and processes.

Seriously, to see my team play crap like this and see how much I would do differently is torture for me. I came close to helping several years ago with Folkes, who understood what I was saying and decide to give me a go, but then I was blocked by the psychologists protecting their territory before I could get started. To put things into perspective, psychologists with Ph D's, doctors, CEO's of publicly listed companies, celebrities and City Mayors come to me for coaching here in Perth.

I am currently working on scaling my business in personal development so it can go global. I kid you not, the moment I have the global profile, I will come knocking again on the Club I love and this time, I will have a team behind me to create an opportunity to help restore the DNA of toughness and competitiveness we all enjoyed in our Club for decades.

Wish me luck! :grinning:

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I noticed your reference to “flow”, Steven Kotler fan no doubt?

Nice read though mate, the power of human performance is anchored in our psyche and some players need extra work in this area - 1-1 coaching in mindfulness, resilience, and confidence.

Keep chipping away at the club mate, the more skilled people we have involved at all levels, the better....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Imagine defending Pay lol. Dean Pay is without a doubt the worst Bulldogs coach I have ever seen. And I remember like 5 of our coaches....and 5x100 = 500 and 500 is a BIG number, very BIG.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard on the Illawarra local radio station that the Dragons have lost 5 in a row but they should win the next 5 as they have an easy draw coming up, mentioning dogs next week , hurts so much lol knowing everyone has us as easy beats.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
..my pet hate is when we put kicks up and opposition fullbacks catch the ball so sweetly without even leaving the ground no pressure at all...our chasers are still plodding 20 meters away

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I noticed your reference to “flow”, Steven Kotler fan no doubt?

Nice read though mate, the power of human performance is anchored in our psyche and some players need extra work in this area - 1-1 coaching in mindfulness, resilience, and confidence.

Keep chipping away at the club mate, the more skilled people we have involved at all levels, the better....
I have done a lot of work on flow in the past 18 years and have come to understand it scientifically but also experientially. One of my sayings is, "no flow, no go." lol

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have done a lot of work on flow in the past 18 years and have come to understand it scientifically but also experientially. One of my sayings is, "no flow, no go." lol
Had a mate of a mate who was a base jumper and wing suit flyer who passed away in an accident and at his funeral all they talked about was his pursuit to get into “flow”.

Steven Kotlers work is amazing, he is a revolutionary no doubt.

I’m a Podcast guy, if you are, check out Finding Mastery with Michael Gervais - guy is epic!

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People need to settle. Dean Pay has been saddled with the rabble that Hasler assembled.
It will take time for those contracts to expire and for new and better players to be recruited.
As there is a shortage of quality players on the market, and some other clubs appearing to have little
understanding of the salary cap, we will struggle. These clubs appear to be able to recruit at will.
We don't have that luxury. Recruitment will probably be limited to young up and comers, that are seeking a chance.
The hasler excuse is long dead. Yes it has had an effect but Pay has already proven he has no idea