Damning Stats

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The basic stats don't tell us anything we don't know but they are alarming all the same when looked at...

The Bulldogs are scoring the fewest points per game this season (12.9)

Canterbury has struggled defensively this season conceding the most metres (1550 per game), the second most offloads (11.3 per game) and the third most points (22.9 per game).

Canterbury’s home form has been poor, losing four of its five as the home team including losses in the past two...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But we SUCK.!!

I never thought I would feel so mad with our club, but this year is utter shit, so bad I am even losing interest following the other games, I usually never miss a game, I didn’t even watch rabbits vs Parra, I don’t care about other results when we are dead bloody last on -100 odd points.

I chose to watch West Indies v paki tonight in the Icc cwc , was over quick as paki Were all out for 105 after 21 overs
Hahah ..

This club needs to sort its shit out real bloody smartly..!!!!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But we are #UnleashingTheMadness???
We are unleashing the madness so hard that whoever runs the social media fucks up and uses menace instead of madness almost weekly. It's comical how off they are.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the stats show we have all the ingredients of a sh#t tasting soup.. we just need a wooden spoon to mix it all together

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
One stat that really annoys me is offloads. Pisses me off when I see the opposition offload so easily.
Like how hard can it be to wrap up a bloody ball? Second phases kills us.
Stop the offload and 20-30% of the metres against / tackles made is taken away giving us a chance at least to lose by less than 12 points!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One stat that really annoys me is offloads. Pisses me off when I see the opposition offload so easily.
Stop the offload and 20-30% of the metres against / tackles made is taken away giving us a chance at least to lose by less than 12 points!
Exactly,like what do we got to lose? We're shit.. Offload, have some fun boys

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Or when we’re holding them and they keep making ground for 20m until some bright spark eventually goes around the legs.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of last season there was nothing left to play for and they threw the ball around at will and looked great as a result. Once this season started, Pay reverted back to the way we played most of last season with conservative and negative tactics because the pressure was back on....

This season is well and truly over just 11 games in, so it's time to take the shackles off and let them throw it around again. We can't have the worst attack and one of the worst defences. If we stink in defence then let them have some fun in attack. Pay makes Hasler look like an attacking genius, that's how bad our attack has gotten... Since Pay has no idea tactically, the best thing he can do is give them some freedom and stop using our props as halves like Hasler did.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of wrapping the legs. What’s the difference between the cannonball and what’s happening now with the 3rd man in attacking the legs ?
Also what happened to refs blowing for incorrect play the balls? Is it because Aaron Woods left the dogs they gave up on that?
I’d should be watching AFL then watch shit biased reffing and our boring attack but I’m addicted to the dogs. And it sucks big time at the moment.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or when we’re holding them and they keep making ground for 20m until some bright spells eventually goes around the legs.
The amount of post contact metres we concede is outstanding

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The basic stats don't tell us anything we don't know but they are alarming all the same when looked at...

The Bulldogs are scoring the fewest points per game this season (12.9)

Canterbury has struggled defensively this season conceding the most metres (1550 per game), the second most offloads (11.3 per game) and the third most points (22.9 per game).

Canterbury’s home form has been poor, losing four of its five as the home team including losses in the past two...
Remember how the last few seasons we were always suppose to be working on our line speed... unfit, no agression and just a pure lack of skill

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to settle. Dean Pay has been saddled with the rabble that Hasler assembled.
It will take time for those contracts to expire and for new and better players to be recruited.
As there is a shortage of quality players on the market, and some other clubs appearing to have little
understanding of the salary cap, we will struggle. These clubs appear to be able to recruit at will.
We don't have that luxury. Recruitment will probably be limited to young up and comers, that are seeking a chance.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember how the last few seasons we were always suppose to be working on our line speed... unfit, no agression and just a pure lack of skill
It's the same problems every year but they somehow get worse, not better. It defies logic that our attack could get worse under Pay but here we are. He literally has copied every tactic from Des and put no imprint of his own on the team. The longer these negative tactics continue, the harder it will be for the next coach to coach it out of them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's the same problems every year but they somehow get worse, not better. It defies logic that our attack could get worse under Pay but here we are. He literally has copied every tactic from Des and put no imprint of his own on the team. The longer these negative tactics continue, the harder it will be for the next coach to coach it out of them.
It's already to late to coach it out of them. Jacko, Tolman, Hoppa, Elliot just no variation just engrained into their style of play. Mass player turnover with a polar opposite as a coach is our only way out

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes they are a shambles to watch. There is nothing in their game that gets u exited. We have no forwards opponents fear and watching pay during an interview makes you think your at a funeral. So depressing.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People need to settle. Dean Pay has been saddled with the rabble that Hasler assembled.
It will take time for those contracts to expire and for new and better players to be recruited.
As there is a shortage of quality players on the market, and some other clubs appearing to have little
understanding of the salary cap, we will struggle. These clubs appear to be able to recruit at will.
We don't have that luxury. Recruitment will probably be limited to young up and comers, that are seeking a chance.
Agree with most of what you say yes it will take time but i didnt expect for us to get worse in fact i expected some improvement this year yet we have gone backwards

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay is useless.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay has managed to have a worse attack than what we had with Des. Just LOL.

Useless, for the love of god he needs the boot.