TripleM Angus Crichton

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
According to The Winemaker, the Sydney Roosters aren’t impressed with the Angus Crichton's start to life on the East of Sydney. especially after he copped a fair bake from coach Trent Robinson after the club's loss to the Knights last Friday.

Roosters want to get rid of the million dollar boy and are open to giving him back to the Rabbitohs.

1. If they get rid of him will they pay part of his salary?

2. Is this a ploy to free more space along with Cronks money to re-sign Mitchell and add another big name? (Im thinking TPJ)

3. Obviously someone from the Roosters has leaked this to the media, as this sort of news never gets released unless the Roosters are trying to get rid of a player - eg. Mitchell Pearce, SKD, Paul Carter

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard murmurs of this last week. Like you said, the Roosters move on from guys fairly quickly sometimes so fuck trying to do them a favour. He's a dick for leaving Souths for the enemy in the first place and isn't as good as advertised, certainly not worth that money.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crichton is a good kid. Should have known better than to go to the Roosters.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Crichton best be careful... there are ways clubs can get rid of players.

At $1 million a season I doubt many clubs can afford his asking price. Roosters won't pay any of his way.

If club don't want Martin or RFM, snag Crichton and I'll be happy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah can’t stand him! No way should we sign this twat !!

Obviously people will have a different opinion to mine, An that’s great, but hell no..!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's amazing how most of these high profile, big money moves very rarely work out in Rugby League.

I still think he's a very good player who would perform better if he didn't join the Dream Team of the Rorters and was more of a focal point elsewhere. He probably believed his own hype too much.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fellas, lets get one thing straight.

In no way shape or form was or am i implying to sign up this bloke.

I just found it interesting coming from the Roosters, and there reason to get rid of him 10 rounds in, year 1 from his 4 year deal

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1mil for Angus? Wtf
Add to that keary, Gronk, Mitchell, Tedesco... that's close to 5 mil worth of salary cap.
Next 25 players sharing the other 5mil? 200k a player on average. How's that for cap management...
Steve Wonder must be their nrl auditor. Nothing to see here... move along...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When they sign a player it's for 5% of the price cleared up in their cap when that same player leaves. In this case though his contract price will probably be nominated as a lower price so no wages need to come out of their sombrero.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When they sign a player it's for 5% of the price cleared up in their cap when that same player leaves. In this case though his contract price will probably be nominated as a lower price so no wages need to come out of their sombrero.
Great point Alan and it shows how much the Roosters have the media in their back pocket. When they sign someone, it's always reported for less than market value and the player signs for less because they want to play for a winning club and with other rep players etc.

Once that player is moved on, their salary all of a sudden is reported above their market value, giving the Roosters a bigger "war chest" and the media drool over the superstars they can be linked to signing as replacements.

With our club, the media always report we're in cap crisis, even after we release half our squad and all of our rep players... The microscope is always on our club, whereas the club with $15 million of playing talent are never questioned. It sure does pay to have friends in high places.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The roosters would have to pay at least half of his contract to move him on. He’s been horrible can’t believe he’s in the blues

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1mil for Angus? Wtf
Add to that keary, Gronk, Mitchell, Tedesco... that's close to 5 mil worth of salary cap.
Next 25 players sharing the other 5mil? 200k a player on average. How's that for cap management...
Steve Wonder must be their nrl auditor. Nothing to see here... move along...
Don’t forget Cordner, Friend, JWH and Manu. There’s probs another 2 mil at least

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Crichton is a overrated wanker. Takes the big money deal thinks he's king shit and doesn't put in... also has talked about possibly heading back to rugby on multiple occasions.
Amazes me how he got picked for origin last season... at 30k a match including 2019 game 1, he will have collected 120k thanks to his association with Politis and Fittler, doesn't deserve a cent of it