Where to for the Dogs now?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to start seeing an overhaul before there is a coup.. the longer we stay down and out the more we become destabilized and the harder it becomes to fix things.
Mate this is exactly what it is a coup

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you need to know is:
#proudtobeabullfrog
#DogsofWar
#BringTheMadness

Forans with us till end of 2020, and is one of few players putting in at the moment.. Without him we'd be lucky to have won a single game this year.

I cannot believe we are in a situation where we are THAT backlogged with contracts, given players already released elsewhere and subsequentely resigned by those sides.

I believe the board are using it as an excuse to buy time, time they don't really have.

If Feb 2021 rolls on by and we haven't made any marque signings or improved much, the board will go... that I can almost 100% believe. 1 years pathetic performances I can excuse, 2 years is taking the piss.

That'd be like a company employing someone and they turn around and go "thanks for the job, but don't expect me to work really hard until my probations over and I've been in work her for a few years". It's a gigantic pisstake.

The club need to get a voice and start explaining in specifics exactly what the fuck the plan is, because the only one I can see at the moment, is a plan going backwards at a rate of knots. They need to explain why a rookie unproven coach was extended despite poor performances, and why players are unhappy with a coach who (by all reports) is pushing more players away than he's encouraging.

If we continue on the current trajectory I can see 2020 being WORSE. We will lose fringe players and (being an unattractive prospect), only sign up players looking for a quick cash grab with our club.

Fans are patient, but that patience wears thin when half way through a so called rebuild we've gone backwards.

Heck I'm sure Des wouldn't have the current playing group in the same state.
100% what I’ve been saying. This rebuild and cap pressure is nothing but the board buying time. I personally don’t even think they even know how to get out of this rut. And if they do it must be some sort of magic trick because as you said, we have been getting worse with every game we are playing. If it wasn’t for the opposing team not showing up on our 3 wins so far we would be 0 wins.

I also questioned the RE signing of the coach with 2 games into the season. Stupid is an understatement and this board is proving to be just as stupid as the previous. Pays Decisions on who to play and even players playing in their right positions is very questionable. If we lose this week to a weak raiders outfit then what do people who currently believe in this rebuild think about that? We are a first grade side playing in a competition. These thrashings and stupid game plans are not meant to be accepted.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so a lot of comments listing which players are off contract at the end of 2019 & 2021.
With comments like “move the deadwood on” or don’t resign any of the experienced players who are on “big money”.

Everyone does realize that any player who is not resigned has to be replaced.
I also note that there is no actual replacements for the so called deadwood only speculative statements on who could be signed without any knowledge if it is even possible to sign up said players.

Be realistic the rebuild is on in increments and is floundering. The quickest and best option is to get what players we have playing better and build confidence of the team from there.

Human psychcology ensures that uncertainty deliveries poor outcomes always. If the players feel they don’t have a future with the club or think they can have the rug pulled beneath them at any time that will ensure that this team will never perform. The churn in the club’s player ranks needs to slow down not speed up.

We need a quality 9 as a priority, a high quality centre also but alas there are none.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The board needs to do something.i can't handle this anymore.......
I support 2 football sides that are both financially restricted to signing top players and have under performed for years now ....
The dogs and arsenal......
We should b one of the glamour sides that players want to play for.the last 5 to 10 years we have been slipped well behind the storm roosters and souths.FMD even the sharks what next the titans......
Souths....lucky to be in the comp the dogs were the only club that voted to have them back in after they were kicked out 20 years ago.all other sides voted no.....

Now and again I youtube 2002 and 2012 season highlights.now thats the footy we should b playing

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This rebuild and cap pressure is nothing but the board buying time.
Are you saying that there was no cap pressure?
That it was all fiction, just made up by the Board?
That there was no culling necessary to get down to the cap?
That by doing nothing we would have been cap compliant last year, this year and next year?
That there was no real reason as to why we moved on Woods, Reynolds, Mbye, the Mozzies etc and Eastwood retired?
That we could have kept everyone, paying them the same and still been cap compliant?

Interesting.

Go Dogs

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying that there was no cap pressure?
That it was all fiction, just made up by the Board?
That there was no culling necessary to get down to the cap?
That by doing nothing we would have been cap compliant last year, this year and next year?
That there was no real reason as to why we moved on Woods, Reynolds, Mbye, the Mozzies etc and Eastwood retired?
That we could have kept everyone, paying them the same and still been cap compliant?

Interesting.

Go Dogs
No I didn’t say that I said they are using it to buy time. Meaning we have cap pressure and can’t be in the market totally but they are making it worse then what it is.

So you are telling me with the team we have currently and the players we let go we are spending all our cap? 3/4 of the side are fringe players. Please man im all for excuses but this one can only last for so long before the board gets its ass handed over to them when they fail to bring any success to this club in the near future

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
once extensive damage is done, you cant just snap your fingers and expect things to be good again overnight .. sorry we are not in a story book ..
Another f£&King moron that is still doing the blame game.

I am talking about taking ownership of now and making good desicions and bold moves to get things back on track... Sooner than later.

Passivly accepting failure is not in the Bulldogs DNA.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another f£&King moron that is still doing the blame game.

I am talking about taking ownership of now and making good desicions and bold moves to get things back on track... Sooner than later.

Passivly accepting failure is not in the Bulldogs DNA.
its not a game muppet .. its a fact .. look up whos to blame for this mess and im sure youll find about 100 articles.. im guessing Dib was your mate too

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1- The spoon
2- Pay getting re-signed early in the season, to give him a chance because of "des and co".
3- The spoon
4- Pay getting re-signed early in the season, to give him a chance because of "des and co".
5- The spoon

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its not a game muppet .. its a fact .. look up whos to blame for this mess and im sure youll find about 100 articles.. im guessing Dib was your mate too
Blame doesn't get us where we belong.

Good desicion, bold moves and strong leadership does.

Resigning a rookie coach holding the wooden spoon prematurely.
Bottling things with Kemmer
Signing Napa
Signing another mediocre back rower
Constantly talking the club down

When do we start to own now?

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish it was different, I want whoever is in charge of the club to be a success.
Really don't give a shit who it is, just want them to be good.

But the current Hierarchy seem to be like a deer in the headlights of a mac truck... Frozen... Doing nothing.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blame doesn't get us where we belong.

Good desicion, bold moves and strong leadership does.

Resigning a rookie coach holding the wooden spoon prematurely.
Bottling things with Kemmer
Signing Napa
Signing another mediocre back rower
Constantly talking the club down

When do we start to own now?
See your problem is, as many others is, you just get angry about something without trying to understand how or why it happened..
Klemmers misses had an whinge and hes a wus
Napa started the season great and got inured and was affordable
stimpson probably replacing one of the players we arent resigning and fits thet budget ..
The media and the NRL already bend us over and you want to give them more ammunition??

You want to buy Ferraris on a Holden budget

All of the above was as a result of the domino affect created the 3 stooges and when you go into "damage control" sometimes youve got to make tough and unpopular decision for the bigger picture ..

I dont care who is in power TBH , All i know is they havent be given enough time to fix things yet.. give them time..

The main thing i hated about previous regime was the junior neglect .. if they had at least not fkd that, we may have been in a much better position right now ..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
See your problem is, as many others is, you just get angry about something without trying to understand how or why it happened..
stimpson probably replacing one of the players we arent resigning and fits thet budget ..
The media and the NRL already bend us over and you want to give them more ammunition??

All of the above was as a result of the domino affect created the 3 stooges and when you go into "damage control" sometimes youve got to make tough and unpopular decision for the bigger picture ..

I dont care who is in power TBH , All i know is they havent be given enough time to fix things yet.. give them time..

The main thing i hated about previous regime was the junior neglect .. if they had at least not fkd that, we may have been in a much better position right now ..
Great call. I fully back that post! There’s probably so much truth in what you said.

Reactions: GDR

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

So the past is justifiable reasoning for inaction now... Complete f#@king nonsense.

The club bottled the Kemmer situation... period... Don't be naive.
Anyone that has a basic level of footy smarts, knows Napa was not what we needed or worth the $$$ we are paying him, not to mention the off field dramas!
Then the Pay resigning, f#@k the only thing Pay is proving ATM is he is as dumb as he looks. He was at the very least supposed to bring us the best young talent because of his NSW U20s connection. He is not even doing that.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the past is justifiable reasoning for inaction now... Complete f#@king nonsense.

The club bottled the Kemmer situation... period... Don't be naive.
Anyone that has a basic level of footy smarts, knows Napa was not what we needed or worth the $$$ we are paying him, not to mention the off field dramas!
Then the Pay resigning, f#@k the only thing Pay is proving ATM is he is as dumb as he looks. He was at the very least supposed to bring us the best young talent because of his NSW U20s connection. He is not even doing that.
ok so your a better selector than the QLD selectors .. no probs
your opinion , which you entitled too .. but just dont rage about like everyone needs to listen to you..

for the record i dont think pay is the future and nor do the club.. but once again a cheap coach to ride out a tough period.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ok so your a better selector than the QLD selectors .. no probs
your opinion , which you entitled too .. but just dont rage about like everyone needs to listen to you..

for the record i dont think pay is the future and nor do the club.. but once again a cheap coach to ride out a tough period.
My point on Napa:
1. He is not what we needed.
We needed to replace 200 meters a game.
Now we play with no notable meter eater in our starting middle who play most of our minutes! This is our biggest problem ATM
2. What are we paying him? About 250k more than he is worth... His videos prove at best he is the class clown, not a leader of the pack, never will be.
The right call would have been to spread his $$ over 2 top young talents or a value bye (Kasiano) that could punch out the meters for us. But the board needed to save face after Klemmer. Doubling down on a bad desicion!

Even if you subscribe to the BS theory that we are waiting until we feel we can strike before going after a better coach. Surly we can do better than Pay, say... Mmmm... Dymock...
Or make Maguire an offer he can't refuse! Now that's the DNA I am talking about.

I just don't see our current leadership being capable of doing the deals we need to make to move onwards and upwards.
I hope I'm wrong...
At the very least Lynn needs to get better people with more business acclaime around her...

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point on Napa:
1. He is not what we needed.
We needed to replace 200 meters a game.
Now we play with no notable meter eater in our starting middle who play most of our minutes! This is our biggest problem ATM
2. What are we paying him? About 250k more than he is worth... His videos prove at best he is the class clown, not a leader of the pack, never will be.
The right call would have been to spread his $$ over 2 top young talents or a value bye (Kasiano) that could punch out the meters for us. But the board needed to save face after Klemmer. Doubling down on a bad desicion!

Even if you subscribe to the BS theory that we are waiting until we feel we can strike before going after a better coach. Surly we can do better than Pay, say... Mmmm... Dymock...
Or make Maguire an offer he can't refuse! Now that's the DNA I am talking about.

I just don't see our current leadership being capable of doing the deals we need to make to move onwards and upwards.
I hope I'm wrong...
At the very least Lynn needs to get better people with more business acclaime around her...
Did you say metre eater? And suggest Kasiano?????
1) he’s a kebab eater
2)you’re lucky to get 15minutes of quality football out of him very lazy defender

Napa was a good buy given the circumstances but we do still need another big body in the middle Christian Welch would be ideal. We have too many edge forwards & we’re
In desperate need of a hooker JMK is Lichaa without the defensive work rate.
A powerful centre will make us more than competitive.
As for coach Dymock had his opportunity & is STILL an assistant coach. McGuire looked at our roster & salary cap position for seasons 2018,2019 & 2020 realised it was in a total state of shambles & said NO

It’s not Bullshit Theory, these are the result of a series of unfortunate events that started with Greenberg, Hasler, Castle & ended with Dib.
2012-2017 that’s 6 seasons of mismanagement doesn’t get fixed overnight