Official 2019 Bulldogs Members Forum (Concluded) - See update P10

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was there. So was the FG team. Fewer Members than expected. Questions were allowed from the floor. I spoke to Andrew Hill at the end - believe this or not at your own discretion but this is straight from the CEO: 2020 we have 7 spots open out of 30. He wouldn’t say how much cap space, but said we have ‘more than enough to be competitive’ in signing those players. They reckon 2-3 established first graders, 1-2 fringe and 1-2 of our juniors to come into the 2020 squad. 2021 is the big story. Only 7 spots signed out of 30, so 23 signings to come (yes, some will likely be retentions and others some juniors but a good number not currently with the club - with a budget of ~$8.5m. So hopefully 2020 improves and 2021 is when we rise again.
so obviously no one off contract is getting resigned .. because we only have 7 off contract from our top 30

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, I don't usually agree with a lot of what you say, But I couldn't agree more with what you just said!!
Posters on here think that others are salty because we are losing, but that's not the case.
I'm just tired of the self interested people inside our club(and I'm not directing this at the new board, too early to judge them, besides I think they will come up trumps IMO)
I'm just tired from the last 15 years to be honest. This is not the club I suported for the first 25 years of my life.

Something has happened to this club since we last won the comp.
I don't know what it is but it's a totally different club to the one I supported many years ago.
The amount of emotional beating we as supporters have copped for a very long time now is just too too too draining.
From Admin people back stabbing other admin people inside the club because they are agenda driven is just not on.
They are forgetting something, while they play war games inside the club and compare who's got the biggest you know what, they forget they are playing with the fan's money, emotions and their time.

The rumours I've heard over the years inside the club(whether they are true stories or not) make me want to puke.

Too much crap - the walking out of Mason and SBW, the 2008 wooden spoon, haven't had proper halves since the Sherwin and Anasta days, where's our rockstar full back, they promised us two GF victories by this year, constant infighting with board members, back ending deals, media always after us(Mad Monday etc), can't sign a decent player, we've been promised the madness and the dogs of war(I haven't seen shit yet), Freakin Desball, Tolman on the 4th(gonna run on the field and smack him one day), losing every week, when's the last time we put 50+ on a team, 7 years since our last top 4 finish, The Ben Barba debacle and every other player that wants to walk out we just bend over, Good Friday 2015, Dib and Peponis vs Hughes & the Andersons(it's like a boxing match), Can anyone believe they chose Raylene Castle as our CEO?.......I can write another 20 things.

It's a shame that this once great club has become like this over the last 10-15 years. And no, it's not just this year or last year, we've been run very poorly for a long time apart from a few short flashes in the pan moments.

That's all I got to say.
Bless you mate, everything you said is correct, I sense from previous posts that we have much in common and you appear as the type of person I would like to have as a friend. When I see a problem my mind goes in overdrive trying to find the best possible solution, however I'm not sure if the reasons why our clubs is in this mess, is understood by many associated with our club. At the last board elections I voted for the current board who are now making panic decisions just like the old board did.
I do not believe that many including our board have the guts to face the facts.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That sounds promising than what we’ve been hearing on here
I’ll take the CEO’s word over speculation.
Also he said they do not like and do not use the term ‘rebuild’. It costs $30m a year to run the club. That’s not the sort of term used in trying to attract corporate dollars to help pay those bills.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was there. So was the FG team. Fewer Members than expected. Questions were allowed from the floor. I spoke to Andrew Hill at the end - believe this or not at your own discretion but this is straight from the CEO: 2020 we have 7 spots open out of 30. He wouldn’t say how much cap space, but said we have ‘more than enough to be competitive’ in signing those players. They reckon 2-3 established first graders, 1-2 fringe and 1-2 of our juniors to come into the 2020 squad. 2021 is the big story. Only 7 spots signed out of 30, so 23 signings to come (yes, some will likely be retentions and others some juniors but a good number not currently with the club - with a budget of ~$8.5m. So hopefully 2020 improves and 2021 is when we rise again.
When you look at the players off contract they are pretty much replacing like for like. Lichaa and Fualalo being the established first graders and the rest off contract players are fringe NRL or juniors. I’m not sure you’d call Martin a established NRL player just yet.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be great if someone could post any worthwhile info from the forum.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would be great if someone could post any worthwhile info from the forum.
What would you consider worthwhile?
Lots of people on here throwing mud and not bothering to turn up and be seen and heard. What else would make you happy?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bless you mate, everything you said is correct, I sense from previous posts that we have much in common and you appear as the type of person I would like to have as a friend. When I see a problem my mind goes in overdrive trying to find the best possible solution, however I'm not sure if the reasons why our clubs is in this mess, is understood by many associated with our club. At the last board elections I voted for the current board who are now making panic decisions just like the old board did.
I do not believe that many including our board have the guts to face the facts.
Bless you too mate.
I’m not quite sure if the current board are making panic decisions, I think their decisions are quite calculative, some decisions might seem bizzare but I haven’t lost faith in them just yet. I’m quietly confident they will get us out of this mess.

A

Alexander the Great

Low on numbers but good to see all the players turn up with pay and face the music.

If we are to take it had truth we are not that truly fucked for next year.

Also the club has put together a letter to issue to the media outlets when and if they continue to drag the club's name Into events not concerning us.
E.g. criminals being arrested in dogs gear and the media going nuts with throwing our brand/name into it.

A Brave punter was asked why Martin is not being played in first grade and it was totally dodged. I feel like there is more to the story on that topic.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bless you too mate.
I’m not quite sure if the current board are making panic decisions, I think their decisions are quite calculative, some decisions might seem bizzare but I haven’t lost faith in them just yet. I’m quietly confident they will get us out of this mess.
Im trying to be confident... but more than that, im hopeful

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Low on numbers but good to see all the players turn up with pay and face the music.

If we are to take it had truth we are not that truly fucked for next year.

Also the club has put together a letter to issue to the media outlets when and if they continue to drag the club's name Into events not concerning us.
E.g. criminals being arrested in dogs gear and the media going nuts with throwing our brand/name into it.

A Brave punter was asked why Martin is not being played in first grade and it was totally dodged. I feel like there is more to the story on that topic.
Thanks for adding the extra info Max.

And since it was raised re: refs, penalty counts etc - the club says they share the fans frustration - but as responsible administrators they are not going to endorse the coach or captain howling down refs. They said they would welcome anyone who wants to front the $ to pay fines to the NRL, so go for it. Shall we pass the hat around?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
so obviuosly no one off contract is getting resigned .. because we only have 7 off contract from our top 30
I don’t think that necessarily means none of the off contract players will get re-signed. We just have 7 spots vacant for next year that need to be filled weather that’s from re-signings or new players. I’d only want to keep Martin and Tui Katoa anyway.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In summary: people usually turn up when they’re worried or have a problem - member numbers were much lower this year than this time last year. We all hate being last but the mess is being cleaned up, we’re just not there yet. There seemed to be a spirit of camaraderie amongst the FG team. We will rise again.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In summary: people usually turn up when they’re worried or have a problem - member numbers were much lower this year than this time last year. We all hate being last but the mess is being cleaned up, we’re just not there yet. There seemed to be a spirit of camaraderie amongst the FG team. We will rise again.
Or perhaps don’t care as much anymore.

A

Alexander the Great

Thanks for adding the extra info Max.

And since it was raised re: refs, penalty counts etc - the club says they share the fans frustration - but as responsible administrators they are not going to endorse the coach or captain howling down refs. They said they would welcome anyone who wants to front the $ to pay fines to the NRL, so go for it. Shall we pass the hat around?
I thought that was a laugh. One if the richest clubs in the game saying we can't afford the 50k fine for pay to go ape shit.

A

Alexander the Great

You also need to consider 6pm is a early start and it's the Ramadan time so we have a few characters missing. The vibe is the room was tense until baa got up and broke the ice.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so obviously no one off contract is getting resigned .. because we only have 7 off contract from our top 30
All I care about getting resigned at this point is remis smith Napa and CHN

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bulldogs Membership Numbers
2015 = 18,240
2016 = 20,703
2017 = 18,833
2018 = 19,570

This time last year: 18,951
Current 2019 Members: 16,945

But here's what really needs to be brought up with the current board... aside from the Titans our massive drop in membership numbers. Only second worse to Titans, and with half the teams already up on 2018 numbers. We are nosediving in numbers.

upload_2019-5-31_0-45-38.png