Official 2019 Bulldogs Members Forum (Concluded) - See update P10

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
speak for yourself
If you wanna turn up to that rubbish then be my guest, just because I'm not gonna go to the games dosent mean that I'm less of a supporter than you, the club can no longer blame anyone else they are blowing everything way out of proportion, we have like 3 or 4 players on back ended next year in a 10 mill salary cap, and everyone acts like we cant do shit fuck outta here man

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you wanna turn up to that rubbish then be my guest, just because I'm not gonna go to the games dosent mean that I'm less of a supporter than you, the club can no longer blame anyone else they are blowing everything way out of proportion, we have like 3 or 4 players on back ended next year in a 10 mill salary cap, and everyone acts like we cant do shit fuck outta here man
you said and i quote..
Well there wont be any fans left by then
and now your debating the level of your support ..

So yes,,, saying you are no longer going to be a fan, means you are not a good supporter.. i thought that was obvious really..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you said and i quote..

and now your debating the level of your support ..

So yes,,, saying you are no longer going to be a fan, means you are not a good supporter.. i thought that was obvious really..
You talk like the club gives a fuck about you lol, I will always support the club but I won’t turn up until they start acting professionally and listen to the fans and make the right decisions in the best interest of the club as a whole it’s that simple really. I invest time money emotion so I think I have a right to not turn up if I want to not because we are in a tough period but because the management is incompetent and couldn’t give two flying fucks about the fans, I’m still waiting for the apology to all the fans that turned up to that belmore debacle on Sunday

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You talk like the club gives a fuck about you lol, I will always support the club but I won’t turn up until they start acting professionally and listen to the fans and make the right decisions in the best interest of the club as a whole it’s that simple really. I invest time money emotion so I think I have a right to not turn up if I want to not because we are in a tough period but because the management is incompetent and couldn’t give two flying fucks about the fans, I’m still waiting for the apology to all the fans that turned up to that belmore debacle on Sunday
well unlike you i dont forget the moments when the club has given me great memories and i was around it to celebrate it with them.. so in their time of need i will be patient in the hope that we get back to where we belong in teh not to distant future..

The problem with society these days is that they are a bunch of impatient @$$holes that want everything yesterday.

I can see what has happended to our club and realise that it cant be fixed overnight. I suggest you wake up to that fact also and lower your expectations..

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You are spot on there.

There is probably 3-4 players on backended deals for next year (which will be the last of it), and they make it out like those players are on $2m each!

They can definitely sign players for next year and beyond, and work around the so called "backended" deals for the 1 year.

At the end of the day they released Graham, Kasiano, Mbye, Woods who were all "backended" and causing grief to our cap! Klemmer was just a bonus (cap wise only). Only viable explanation is if the released players are still getting paid by Canterbury.

The issue is, the past board were throwing cash left, right and centre with SFA 3rd party deals and didnt know how to cook the books.

This board has got that old school mentality of "not paying overs", "too expensive", and unfortunately these days clubs are paying overs and you have to follow, though you got to be smart about it (Roosters, Broncos). So its obvious;
1. They cannot attract 3rd party sponsors
2. They do not know how to cook the books

For all the "jealousy hate" Uncle Nick gets across the game, Canterbury and all the other clubs would die for a "Nick Politis" at their clubs!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well unlike you i dont forget the moments when the club has given me great memories and i was around it to celebrate it with them.. so in their time of need i will be patient in the hope that we get back to where we belong in teh not to distant future..

The problem with society these days is that they are a bunch of impatient @$$holes that want everything yesterday.

I can see what has happended to our club and realise that it can be fixed overnight. I suggest you wake up to that fact also and lower your expectations..
We’ve been patient since 04

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh, I don't usually agree with a lot of what you say, But I couldn't agree more with what you just said!!
Posters on here think that others are salty because we are losing, but that's not the case.
I'm just tired of the self interested people inside our club(and I'm not directing this at the new board, too early to judge them, besides I think they will come up trumps IMO)
I'm just tired from the last 15 years to be honest. This is not the club I suported for the first 25 years of my life.

Something has happened to this club since we last won the comp.
I don't know what it is but it's a totally different club to the one I supported many years ago.
The amount of emotional beating we as supporters have copped for a very long time now is just too too too draining.
From Admin people back stabbing other admin people inside the club because they are agenda driven is just not on.
They are forgetting something, while they play war games inside the club and compare who's got the biggest you know what, they forget they are playing with the fan's money, emotions and their time.

The rumours I've heard over the years inside the club(whether they are true stories or not) make me want to puke.

Too much crap - the walking out of Mason and SBW, the 2008 wooden spoon, haven't had proper halves since the Sherwin and Anasta days, where's our rockstar full back, they promised us two GF victories by this year, constant infighting with board members, back ending deals, media always after us(Mad Monday etc), can't sign a decent player, we've been promised the madness and the dogs of war(I haven't seen shit yet), Freakin Desball, Tolman on the 4th(gonna run on the field and smack him one day), losing every week, when's the last time we put 50+ on a team, 7 years since our last top 4 finish, The Ben Barba debacle and every other player that wants to walk out we just bend over, Good Friday 2015, Dib and Peponis vs Hughes & the Andersons(it's like a boxing match), Can anyone believe they chose Raylene Castle as our CEO?.......I can write another 20 things.

It's a shame that this once great club has become like this over the last 10-15 years. And no, it's not just this year or last year, we've been run very poorly for a long time apart from a few short flashes in the pan moments.

That's all I got to say.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We’ve been patient since 04
theres been several different people in charge in that time and we also had 2 bites of the cherry and missed

A premiership would be fantastic , but my main concern is that we establish the junior pathways, that we were once so famous for... its called sustanability .. the Melbourne storm do it better than any other club and they are the furthermost club away from any decent juniors..

If anything that will be the current admins legacy, if they succeed

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will proberly announce Dean Britt signing and also looking Peats for 2020. It looks the recruitment drive by club is you have to have relative at the club before.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We also have 4 ex bulldogs players in origin. So fair enough you release them. But why are we still coming last..... I need that explained to me now.

Better off just playing for no points then shedding 15-20 nrl standard players for Meaney, crighton, cogger etc.

You’d think ok you make the tough choice. Remove players on heavy contracts. And you get either young up and comers or atleast 1st grade standard players.....

Noooooo. We get reserve graders instead :p

Great heart from the team to compete most weeks. But to be honest fans don’t show up for heart shown. It’s about results which arguably since 2014 we haven’t had. That’s 5 years now. And song think Anderson’s and co will miraculously fix everything by next year or the year after.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No such thing as a shareholder in a non for profit organisation
Go Dogs
By paying dues Football club members get a vote, the majority can move a Board on just like any company.

Agree Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if he is a child you still would not mind him in the team for some sort of spark from dummy half
brother, i missed your stream... can you give us a brief run down..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you gi
He's old now, but why not offer James Roby a 1year deal with us with an option in his favour for a second season if we are going infact groom Hetherington. If that's to hard I'd be happy with Mitch Rein at 9 and rotate him with the young fella.
Why would you give a player option in his favour when we have a shit. Decision like that is why the dogs are in this situation

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why would you gi

Why would you give a player option in his favour when we have a shit. Decision like that is why the dogs are in this situation
because hes like 33 my dude, but still a quality player. having someone of his caliber hanging around to help our rookie hooker would be valuable as fuck

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
because hes like 33 my dude, but still a quality player. having someone of his caliber hanging around to help our rookie hooker would be valuable as fuck
Sorry didn't mean it that way about the player. More or PO and ratchet clauses are why the dog at bent over.

The clubs situation all comes down to Dib thinking he could influence or the others clubs to campaign 10 million salary cap for 2018 season.

Guess someone believe in his own bullshit to much and became overconfident.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By paying dues Football club members get a vote, the majority can move a Board on just like any company.

Agree Go Dogs
I agree, because I’m a voting member of the football club as well and attend the AGM’s. But we are not called shareholders. It’s a non for profit organisation. We are just called members.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was there. So was the FG team. Fewer Members than expected. Questions were allowed from the floor. I spoke to Andrew Hill at the end - believe this or not at your own discretion but this is straight from the CEO: 2020 we have 7 spots open out of 30. He wouldn’t say how much cap space, but said we have ‘more than enough to be competitive’ in signing those players. They reckon 2-3 established first graders, 1-2 fringe and 1-2 of our juniors to come into the 2020 squad. 2021 is the big story. Only 7 spots signed out of 30, so 23 signings to come (yes, some will likely be retentions and others some juniors but a good number not currently with the club - with a budget of ~$8.5m. So hopefully 2020 improves and 2021 is when we rise again.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was there. So was the FG team. Fewer Members than expected. Questions were allowed from the floor. I spoke to Andrew Hill at the end - believe this or not at your own discretion but this is straight from the CEO: 2020 we have 7 spots open out of 30. He wouldn’t say how much cap space, but said we have ‘more than enough to be competitive’ in signing those players. They reckon 2-3 established first graders, 1-2 fringe and 1-2 of our juniors to come into the 2020 squad. 2021 is the big story. Only 7 spots signed out of 30, so 23 signings to come (yes, some will likely be retentions and others some juniors but a good number not currently with the club - with a budget of ~$8.5m. So hopefully 2020 improves and 2021 is when we rise again.
That sounds promising than what we’ve been hearing on here