Cody Walker refuses to sing national anthem at State of Origin

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All he has to do is stand there and not sing the fucking thing and keep his views to himself and no one would know differently why they speak to the media and what not is beside him there gonna make a song and fucking dance about it. And everyone’s gonna have their pitchforks out .
who cares all this crap with the indigenous happened long time ago and it’s history which we can’t change that it’s a multicultural country
Oh but thats oppression of his own internal suffering and so on... im impartial on the situation and couldnt give a fuck if they change it or not, however pricks like Walker that bring politics into sports like this can go eat a dick.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
should just make this our anthem... imagine the sporting elite standing there and that fire intro comes on

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct i think the kiwi anthem is the best ive heard, inclusive of everyone in their country however im not suprised as they seem to be much more connected and proud of their indigenous people than we are here. Let the bloke do what he wants i say, id like to think the rest of us have thick enough skin that another individual's personal beliefs dont impact on our lives that dramatically

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I do agree regarding freedom of speech
Cody is well with in his rights to not sing the anthem if he believes in the message and as a statement

But what comes with free speech is the consequences of it are also free speech available.
So if the right want to jump up and down about it, let em.

If the broadcasters had any sense, they wouldn’t hone in on it or draw attention to it.

Politics has no place in sport

Broadcasters have an obligation to provide sporting entertainment, not promote an individuals political views.
The media will never resist an opportunity to be controversial .....

I agree with most of what you say, but I never think there’s an inappropriate time to make a social point if you’re genuinely passionate about.

People have the right to criticise him... and others reserve the right to criticise their criticism. The cycle continues.... lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Josh Addo Carr has now jumped on the bandwagon.

I've got an idea... let them stay in the dressing rooms whilst the rest of the players proudly stand together singing the anthem.

Or maybe a healthy medium and play the Germany National Anthem... because it's just so damn cool when it hits the crescendo (just ask my wife when I'm humming it watching the Formula 1 in bed at 2AM).

All he has to do is stand there and not sing the fucking thing and keep his views to himself and no one would know differently why they speak to the media and what not is beside him there gonna make a song and fucking dance about it. And everyone’s gonna have their pitchforks out .
Exactly....

HAY GUYZ ... IM NOT GONNA SING TH FUKN ANTHEM !!!!!

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the line "we are young & free" that indigenous people don't agree with because they been here thousands of years & a large number are in prisons so not free. So keep the Anthem & just change that line that includes all Australians.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's the line "we are young & free" that indigenous people don't agree with because they been here thousands of years & a large number are in prisons so not free. So keep the Anthem & just change that line that includes all Australians.
Well they aren't kept in cages, so they are "free". Nobody makes them commit crimes that get them locked up except themselves.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a song about an imaginary person defending the country lol
Fuck we might as well have a Santa Claus song then
Just the sound of it,
I like the sound of it

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh but thats oppression of his own internal suffering and so on... im impartial on the situation and couldnt give a fuck if they change it or not, however pricks like Walker that bring politics into sports like this can go eat a dick.
Next year they will be playing for Tonga

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Addo Carr has now jumped on the bandwagon.

I've got an idea... let them stay in the dressing rooms whilst the rest of the players proudly stand together singing the anthem.

Or maybe a healthy medium and play the Germany National Anthem... because it's just so damn cool when it hits the crescendo (just ask my wife when I'm humming it watching the Formula 1 in bed at 2AM).

Exactly....
Like there getting paid 30k to play in these games it’s 90k for a couple weeks work get in there shut the fuck up get that free tracksuit and play your heart out keep all that politics shit out of this spectacle

The next generation of players have had privileges like no other and rubbish that had nothing to do with them doesn’t need to be brought into the game it’s a game where the state unites and we hate queensland purely for the theatre if they wanna carryon like that go play rugby union or join the politics
HAY GUYZ ... IM NOT GONNA SING TH FUKN ANTHEM !!!!!

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who are you to say it wouldn't make a difference? It wouldn't eradicate the serious problems you mentioned, but acknowledging people's feelings on the matter and respecting the views of many Indigenous people rather than condemning them as unpatriotic for not wanting to sing the anthem - as many people do, would lift collective self esteem. Self esteem helps people develop a stronger sense of identity, which goes a long way to empowering them to work on problems which effect both individuals and communities. The debate needn't detract from other issues confronting Indigenous communities....in fact, talking about Indigenous people as second class citizens just widens the rift and inhibits members of the Indigenous community and wider community working together to develop practical, tangible solutions. People are generally more responsive to efforts to help if they don't feel society is talking down to them. The lower they are made to feel, the more they retreat into destructive and inappropriate behaviour patterns. That's just basic human psychology.
When did I say they where second class citizens? They receive much better benefits as citizens then I do. That would make me the second class citizen if anything.

I feel you've never been to any true remote town to see these issues first hand, if you believe they retreat into destructive and law breaking behaviour due things like Australia Day date and the national anthem impacting self worth. Trust me, we change these two things nothing changes they have 0 impact, the child rape and prostitution do not change. The people in these rural communities couldn't give a flying fuck about these issues the left from Melbourne seem to drum at yearly. Their issues I would say are honestly ingrained in the DNA at this point, the only solution at this point is full blown intervention and removing children from families early on to break the cycle leaving them be to fix the issues themselves isn't working.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't change it. People will whinge. Change it. People will whinge...

So meh. I dont care about how a song makes an individual feel. If he doesn't like it. Don't sing it. If he thinks by actually NOT singing it, that he will be the pinnacle of ammened relations between Caucasian and Indigenous communities. He is an idiot. Like its doing on this thread. Its only separating peoples opinions further.

The roots of this issue grow far deeper than a song only two sections of the wider Australian community care about.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just what we need now Mundine has chimed in. Was waiting for this muppet.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Just what we need now Mundine has chimed in. Was waiting for this muppet.
Choccy barely had enough time to silently protest by not singing the anthem before Jeff Horn bounced his oppressed head off the canvas in his last bout. Mundine is Mr Rent-A-Whinge.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the stance. Ifhe doesn't want to do it he doesn't have to.........BUT IMAGINE if lets say an white Australian last week said you know what im not wearing an Indigenous jersey