News Lachlan Lewis losing sleep, but not over footy

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs halfback Lachlan Lewis admits he is losing sleep but it’s not from stressing over getting back into the first-grade side.

After being on baby watch for several weeks, Lewis and partner Stephanie welcomed their first child into the world last week – Pia Rose.

“Sleep’s a bit rocked,” Lewis admits.

Rest may be a rare treat but don’t think for a second that will stop the 22-year old who has been well and truly struck by baby fever.

“I want to have kids and I want to have plenty of them,” he laughs.

“It’s the best thing in the world.

“We were in hospital for about a week, there was a little bit of a complication but it was something special.”

Lewis says that the baby dramas have been a welcome distraction after losing his spot in the Bulldogs NRL team.

“Absolutely, it’s good timing,” he says.

“The last few weeks have all been about the baby and I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

The young halfback looked anything but distracted as he starred for Canterbury-Bankstown in their 52-22 thrashing of the ladder-leading Mounties.

Lewis led from the front, scoring a solo try and having a hand in four others.

“I wanted to come down here and enjoy it, compete, get a win and take the line on,” he says.
“We had some joy today creating space on the outside, it was good.”

He combined well with fellow NRL teammate Kerrod Holland, putting the centre in space on two occasions with both ending in tries.

While his ballplaying skills have never been questioned, the challenge now is for Lewis to prove to head coach Dean Pay that he can also consistently get the fundamentals right.

A challenge his willing to accept.

“Dean told me I need to cut out my errors and fix up my defence,” he says.

“I’ll do that and hopefully get picked back in the first-grade side.”

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/05/29/lachlan-lewis-losing-sleep-but-not-over-footy/

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
On yah Prince, im sure he will enjoy his new bub and also enjoy his time in reggies. . There are things he needs to work on and D is not one thats funny coming from pay. I am sure lachie will be back in fg soon and bring that winning spirit back to fg.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it possible the issue with his defense is not his effort or ability to tackle but his inability to read opposition plays and numbers. The edge he defended on always seemed to create extra space and numbers and you can’t just blame the winger for that. In my opinion, the only area of our game that has improved, and it’s coming from an extremely low baseline, is our edge defense when the opposition shifts the ball or puts on a block play.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, well we know defence is not his problem, and this will be 90% of comments on here, it’s been done lol. We have to move on.. honestly...!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it possible the issue with his defense is not his effort or ability to tackle but his inability to read opposition plays and numbers. The edge he defended on always seemed to create extra space and numbers and you can’t just blame the winger for that. In my opinion, the only area of our game that has improved, and it’s coming from an extremely low baseline, is our edge defense when the opposition shifts the ball or puts on a block play.
Yeah this is very possible Lewis has a great technique at making the actual tackle but that edge is a basket case. Its probably why Holland was punted too.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence is more than just tackling the ball carrier - he needs to be screaming out more to pull players across and also trying to take over at marker allowing the centre or winger to drop back in the line to diffuse the next play.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i didnt watch the game of the weekend .. but his stats show 11 tackles and 3 missed tackles........

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lewis should be losing some sleep over the football

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fix up his defense? LMAO that's his best attribute

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yea lachie,
Fix your defense, you’re not missing nearly enough tackles to play in our FG side.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully he will get back on track , sooner rather than later .

It was a major distraction leading up to his bub's birth with a few problems but it was truly beautiful to see how happy he was to see his Mrs and bub after the game. Had a nice chat to him and Steph... they are completely besotted with the little one and were more than happy to share photos and time with the fans.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thatll do me fmd pay is clueless too many scrums i think he also says jacko has been playing well fmd

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay that confirms that Pays on PrawnHub or ColouredTube whilst our games are being played.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fix up his defence? Man pay has lost the plot
Everyone laughing at defence bit
Defence is more than tackling
His reading of it, his tackling is fantastic
But doesn’t slide quick enough and has some bad reads on plays

There’s more to defence than tackling guys