Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Experienced coach didn't work.
Inexperienced coach with Bulldogs DNA didn't work.
Complete change in playing group didn't work.

We've tried the traditional ways of change with little or even worse effect. I think it's time to think outside the box and just do something crazy. Re-invent revolutionary attacking formations, try completely new defensive tactics, change the way traditional positions work...

I don't know how we do it, but it can't get any worse than it is at the moment. We're going to have to work with what we've got. I look at Leicester City and what they achieved with 5000-1 odds and surely if they can do it in a league where the top teams have massive financial advantages, we can as a club in a mediocre league!
You have answered your own question!

We need Claudio Ranieri

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure Georgalis can replicate that success in first grade, especially with this squad.

If he was promoted he would only be marking time just like Pay until we get a serious coach onboard.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL go look at the side Georgallis had last year. Most of that side ended up in NRL this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will find Brad Henderson is better than both Pay and Georgallis
I have never been that impressed with Henderson ever since he was with Holden Cup a few years ago. I was surprised he got promoted to CCup actually.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay should be fired as soon as possible and someone should be the interim coach until the end of the year. But I'm not sure Georgallis is the right choice.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been saying this since last year.

The team under Georgallis went beyond expectations, winning not one but two premierships last year.

The team under Georgallis are pretty much all in our 1st Grade side .

The team under Georgallis obviously played a winning style of football.

Our team under Pay has yet to string 2 wins in a row

Our team under Pay has been on the bottom of the ladder 8 of 11 rounds.

Our team under Pay is not improving

Our team under Pay has promising stars going backwards.
Lewis has become clueless in his role as halfback and morphing into a forward ,once the saviour , the prince of belmore Now hooked and sent back to reserve grade

Jack cogger could once kick grubbers and pretty accurate kicking has been made to look like an idiot kicking repeatedly straight to the oppositions most potent player.

Okenbor well I don't know about okenbor but he's definitely not improving

It just makes sense to drop Pay and make Georgallis head coach.
FYI Georgallis is assistant coach & has a massive input in our game plan & in particular our attack.
Seriously???? He’s already out of his depth .... there’s a big chasm between Canterbury Cup & NRL..
the entire Football Department needs a colossal overhaul, it started with the management a month ago & we need some seriously good people involved if we’re going to develop our own!as it stands our entire coaching staff don’t cut the mustard in the NRL, not a single player has markedly improved this season.

Last edited:

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we should stop mucking around with all these second string coaches, we are a big club and deserve a big time coach. I say Shane Flanagan come on down.

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
TBH Georgalis would be no better off than Pay with the current squad. It would be FG coach career suicide for any coach to take us on in our current state. I feel for Pay, he picked the worst time in decades to take over our reins. I cant put the blame at Pays feet, he has nothing to play with. Hopefully we manage to get some decent players in the near future so we can see how Pay goes with more than a reserve grade side, which is what we are atm.
If we have a reserve grade side then we need a first grade coach. If the players are not good and he can't make them better then what becomes of the club.
If your troops are not up to a standard for a battle and you must win then you need a General who can motivate them to do what they thought they could not do.

Most first grade players have the skills but sometimes they lack motivation,that's when the coach comes in.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There not personal attacks, it's just an attack on his coaching ability
This quote 100% true an correct. Now if I said "he looks like a clueless goober and suffers from uncontrollable flatulence and clearly does not use deodorant", that would be personal. As for his coaching ability, I think it is far to early to say as he is yet to demonstrate any..

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kevin Moore could have been a great coach if given more time...he always spoke confidently and the boys liked him, he put together a pretty decent side.

How good would it be if he come back to work with Pay and another crack at head coach
I thought about this the other day but how is his record over the ESL? I wonder if we could Hagan as an assistant as I know he won't be a head coach due to health reasons

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought about this the other day but how is his record over the ESL? I wonder if we could Hagan as an assistant as I know he won't be a head coach due to health reasons
I don't think Kev coached anywhere after the Bulldogs. We couldn't take the risk on Moore and Hagan when both haven't coached at NRL level for close to 10 years.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im just here to lend my opinion.....

SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!SACK PAY! SACK PAY!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone find out tomorrow if Georgallis is officially our attacking coach tomorrow night at forum ??? because if thats the case he needs to be sacked immediately .. closely followed by pay..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If a new coach comes in it shouldn't be anyone on the existing staff.

Let a new coach come in with their own choice of assistants and support staff.

Georgalis isn't the answer, neither are people like Dymock, they're just assistants.
Personally Im all for Dymock and Georgallis to take the reins for this yr and next. These guys are boys boys, know there footy and considering we have a young squad they would get the best out of it until somebody of great value becomes available. Its our best option atm other than Griffin and Henry who are the only other real viable out there.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh. I watched alot of ISP last year and the dogs were beating teams with their forwards. There wasn't anything flashy nor were there many set plays or special tactics. We would just run harder and tackle harder than most teams and I can't see that formula working at 1st grade level...
He could very well be a better coach than Pay but I can't see him taking us higher on the ladder.....
ISP had nothing but a like u said a superior forward, NRL experienced players and a guy called Cleeland who could tear up shit in reggies when the ball hit the deck. Wouldn't bank on Georgallis to do wonders but would atleast play basic footy and talk to his players.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan should be number 1 target.

Forget about Griffin unless we want mediocre 6th to 8th place finishes year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.