Cody Walker refuses to sing national anthem at State of Origin

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We have the worst National Anthem in the world and it in no way represents anyone living in this amazing country.
What lol,
Young and free ... yes that’s us
Girt by sea... yup
Mate the whole song describes us
Golden soil, and wealth for toil.....yep us
Of Beauty rich and rare ... yep got that
Tell what bit doesn’t?
@coach have you gone past the first verse?

When gallant Cook from Albion sailed,
To trace wide oceans o'er,
True British courage bore him on,
Til he landed on our shore.
Then here he raised Old England's flag,
The standard of the brave;
"With all her faults we love her still"
"Britannia rules the wave."
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVE???

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case u guys still dont get it. Mitchell and addo car wont sing it either, but all of u want our club to recruit them.
Talk about hypocrites.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At the moment I would say the very vast vast majority of AUstralian citizens unite behind the anthem and would sing it at some form of official event like a citizenship ceremony or sporting event etc.

There is a tiny minority of lunatics who don't. and of that tiny minority i would say only a few of them have a well articulated reason for why - the others are mostly virtue signalling or playing the victim.
Popular consensus isn't always right though....just ask the Germans. You're totally entitled to think the majority of those who oppose the anthem are would be victims or virtue signalling loonies..... but your opinion is subjective, regardless of whether it has mainstream support. I think most arguments by those who condemn those who don't want to signjh the anthem are pretty damn inarticulate myself...especially as many of them often extol the virtues of free speech and expression.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we have been here for 50,000 and still one of the last regions in the world occupied by man...
You do know that don’t you?
Lol you gotnoth8ng hahahhahah
Well this is where I stop playing your game. Europe, Siberia, North America, South America regions all occupied after Austrailan Indigenous people. The obvious Africa and Asia are the only regions that you could argue were occupied by man beforehand...

Or were you talking about the white man? :smirk:

So tell me which bit doesn’t represent us?
I thought I already did...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We spend over one billion dollars on indigenous health, education and housing etc etc and don't see a lot of return on the investment...
We got there whole country for nothing. That one billion is cheap imo.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am not sure why Walker has come out and made this statement.
Just stand there with a game face while the anthem is playing and make a statement that way.
Not the best way to start an origin career.
That's my whole point, do it and don't talk about it.

Who gives a fuck what some nrlol player feels about white people?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres some people on here that are very young or never studied modern history.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Advance Australia fair.

the song itself was written before Australia existed and the UK was the dominant sea faring nation at the time... and the only real relevant portion of the song is what is sung

it also begs the question --> is it the song itself which is objectionable or any Australian anthem considering the plight of the indigenous population of the country?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my whole point, do it and don't talk about it.

Who gives a fuck what some nrlol player feels about white people?
And i can live with that. Im happy with that. I dont care if none of them sing it. But dont tell the public, just do your own thing would be a better approach to it assasin.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For those of us old enough to remember the D Generation...

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Shows how hypocritical some of these abo's are making their fortunes playing a game the white man brought to this country.

He has the right not to sing, I suppose, I'd be more upset if he took a knee like those yank ***** in the NFL.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Advance Australia fair.

That song was in 1879 and performed not as a national anthem but a patriotic sing at the time
And is NOT part of our anthem and has never been since before 1901
Your a joker if you th8nk that’s is in our anthem
That hasnt been in anything since we become an independent nation in 1901
Good try but do some research muppet
Our current anthem has been since 1984 and before that it was god save the queen
I love people who throw random shit up without facts to try and win an argument lol
Still no reply about what doesn’t our anthem represent in current Australians
Lololol

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Popular consensus isn't always right though....just ask the Germans. You're totally entitled to think the majority of those who oppose the anthem are would be victims or virtue signalling loonies..... but your opinion is subjective, regardless of whether it has mainstream support. I think most arguments by those who condemn those who don't want to signjh the anthem are pretty damn inarticulate myself...especially as many of them often extol the virtues of free speech and expression.
Yep it's true, anyone's opinion of anyone else and their reasons for signing or not singing are subjective.

But my argument isn't just limited to whether or not they sing. My argument is that the best way to unite a population of people who differ along so many lines is to unite behind a nation and that nation should be defined with a certain set of values (that someone might call that nation's culture).

So by not singing the national anthem, to me you are basically saying the country is oppressing you or doing something to you that you think is manifestly unfair.

I find that hard to believe in a country like Australia where you can practically do or become anyone you want to, regardless of skin colour, sexual preference, gender, religion, politcal affiliation, family wealth etc etc.

Of course statistics show that certain groups of people do better than other groups of people (e.g. indigenous outcomes versus non indigenous outcomes), but you would have to analyse that data along a huge number of lines to even begin to understand why those outcomes are happening.

Should the non indigenous people believe that australian society is somehow holding back indigenous people? I highly doubt that. But at the same time it's clear indigenous people have far worse outcomes than the rest of the population.

Reducing those outcomes to some misguided belief that somehow Australia is racist and oppressive is just silly. It doesn't even begin to consider that the outcomes could be for a myriad of other reasons.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wake up to yourself. Doesnt bother anyone when white fellas dont sing. The only snowflakes crying over folau are the same snowflakes crying now.
1 I'm not white
2 I don't care if anyone sings it or not, abo, white or other
3 he doesn't have to sing it
4 the nrlol has bigger problems than someone not singing the anthem

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Theres some people on here that are very young or never studied modern history.
Maybe because some people have better things to worry about than studying modern history.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And i can live with that. Im happy with that. I dont care if none of them sing it. But dont tell the public, just do your own thing would be a better approach to it assasin.
Exactly my point brother, you just clarified it better than I did.

Wahesh

Reaction score
the song itself was written before Australia existed and the UK was the dominant sea faring nation at the time... and the only real relevant portion of the song is what is sung

it also begs the question --> is it the song itself which is objectionable or any Australian anthem considering the plight of the indigenous population of the country?
Perhaps at the time it was a good choice -nowadays it is far outdated!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
adam goodes was booed around the country because he didnt like receiving racial abuse, so its clear that aboriginal people are very limited in what they can do

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good for him. It's a shit anthem anyway. It's his life and his right to not sing it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That song was in 1879 and performed not as a national anthem but a patriotic sing at the time
And is NOT part of our anthem and has never been since before 1901
Your a joker if you th8nk that’s is in our anthem
That hasnt been in anything since we become an independent nation in 1901
Good try but do some research muppet
Our current anthem has been since 1984 and before that it was god save the queen
I love people who throw random shit up without facts to try and win an argument lol
Still no reply about what doesn’t our anthem represent in current Australians
Lololol
It is outdated as far as an anthem if concerned. The wording itself is old. Who the hell uses words like "toil" and "Girt" anymore?

Waltzing Matilda is far more fitting, and people who sing the chorus of that song do so with great passion. Imagine a Rugby League of Rugby Union World Cup final, or even the Olympic Medal ceremony with that song being played. It sends positive chills down my spine thinking about it!