Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they should appoint georgallis as caretaker for the rest of season and then bring someone new next season e.g holbrook

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Georgallis actually has experience in the nrl and coached our reserves to a premiership

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
The way we are going, Pay will not be here next year anyways as his contract "extension" clauses would be triggered......
I have actually heard about these clauses and the reason behind the 1 year extension, and it all stems down to a certain coach getting his credentials back, and the mystery question being when and if he will be reinstated

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of personal attacks on Pay which I don't really approve of. The man gave his all when playing, think he deserves a little more respect than that.

With that being said, clearly something isn't right here. He's seemingly way out of his depth as we look clueless on the park, and offers very little encouragement when giving interviews ....

Possibly the biggest issue from my side is that fact that ALL of his signings are playing first grade. And we're shitter than we've been for as long as one can remember. Yes, worse than Hasler's years. What's her going to be doing with future signings? Don't get me wrong. Think Meaney is OK actually, same could be said about CHN on his day but .... it's hardly warming seeing that we're so bad.

Now ... Cogger. Pay signed him. What for? He can't use the 'he's still young' bullshit because he signed him knowing we needed strength in that position. The season is halfway no? The kid hasn't got enough coaching yet to know better at this stage? It smacks of incompetetence in my mind. I mean ... wasn't it all about "Playing what's in front of you" rather than having a single game plan anyway? So him kicking to the same side each time, or putting the same shitty kicks in each time is him "playing what's in front of him"? If yes, then he needs to be dropped. If no, then Pay's game plan is fucking shit. He needs to be dropped.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of personal attacks on Pay which I don't really approve of. The man gave his all when playing, think he deserves a little more respect than that.

With that being said, clearly something isn't right here. He's seemingly way out of his depth as we look clueless on the park, and offers very little encouragement when giving interviews ....

Possibly the biggest issue from my side is that fact that ALL of his signings are playing first grade. And we're shitter than we've been for as long as one can remember. Yes, worse than Hasler's years. What's her going to be doing with future signings? Don't get me wrong. Think Meaney is OK actually, same could be said about CHN on his day but .... it's hardly warming seeing that we're so bad.

Now ... Cogger. Pay signed him. What for? He can't use the 'he's still young' bullshit because he signed him knowing we needed strength in that position. The season is halfway no? The kid hasn't got enough coaching yet to know better at this stage? It smacks of incompetetence in my mind. I mean ... wasn't it all about "Playing what's in front of you" rather than having a single game plan anyway? So him kicking to the same side each time, or putting the same shitty kicks in each time is him "playing what's in front of him"? If yes, then he needs to be dropped. If no, then Pay's game plan is fucking shit. He needs to be dropped.
There not personal attacks, it's just an attack on his coaching ability

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah but they extended him when they didn't need to and haven't fired him when they should. So the blame is as much on them as it was the previous admin.

They're also the ones who wasted our precious cap space on Napa along with other ill advised signings.
Honest question to all of you guys as you'll know more than me (which isn't hard) ...

what other options were there out there? Considering our salary cap issues? Shit roster? We dig at the club for hiring Pay but ... the other option was Dymock from memory?

I can understand why they rolled the dice with him. Former player. Understands the culture. Done his time as assistant etc. I don't think anyone expected us to be AS bad as we are now, I certainly didn't. Never expected us to be world beaters, but it looks as though we've given up ... maybe because they know the coach is on borrowed time?

Honestly think it's hard for the board in the sense that they have to support the coach in what he's doing. They should be buying players to suit the coach's style, approach etc. Without knowing the background in all of this I think they did, didn't they?

My concerns with the board is mainly around their silence on everything. Think it says one of two things.

One. They're unbelievably incompetent.

OR

Two. They're planning something in the shadows and don't want to get drawn into things.

Looking at how the players aren't playing for Pay anymore. Hearing stories about how he doesn't communicate with many within the club. Seeing the board so quiet over everything. Can't but help thinking they've already got someone lined up and are just getting their ducks in the row ....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honest question to all of you guys as you'll know more than me (which isn't hard) ...

what other options were there out there? Considering our salary cap issues? Shit roster? We dig at the club for hiring Pay but ... the other option was Dymock from memory?

I can understand why they rolled the dice with him. Former player. Understands the culture. Done his time as assistant etc. I don't think anyone expected us to be AS bad as we are now, I certainly didn't. Never expected us to be world beaters, but it looks as though we've given up ... maybe because they know the coach is on borrowed time?

Honestly think it's hard for the board in the sense that they have to support the coach in what he's doing. They should be buying players to suit the coach's style, approach etc. Without knowing the background in all of this I think they did, didn't they?

My concerns with the board is mainly around their silence on everything. Think it says one of two things.

One. They're unbelievably incompetent.

OR

Two. They're planning something in the shadows and don't want to get drawn into things.

Looking at how the players aren't playing for Pay anymore. Hearing stories about how he doesn't communicate with many within the club. Seeing the board so quiet over everything. Can't but help thinking they've already got someone lined up and are just getting their ducks in the row ....
Literally any other coach could do the same, if not a better job than Pay. Pay isn't the answer and deserves to be fired so why persist with him? What does that achieve? The longer he's in the role, the more damage he can do and the harder it will be for the next coach.. Holbrook or O'Brien would have been smarter choices at the time.

People are scared off by picking another rookie coach but look at the job someone like John Morris has done. He takes over a club in turmoil with the Shane Flanagan and cap/board saga, they've been without Johnson, Graham, Moylan and Woods for extended periods and he's put his stamp on the team and has them playing an attacking style that we didn't see under Flanagan. Morris has also promoted and gotten the best out of a lot of young players amidst their injury crisis like Xerri, Nikora, Flanagan, the Braileys, Jack Williams and Hamlin Uele.

There are plenty of assistants throughout the league and a few head coaches in Super League who deserve an opportunity, have better tactical acumen and are better credentialed than Pay ever was that should be given an opportunity.

Our team can't get any worse, so why not take a shot on one of them for the rest of the year to see what they can offer? Or at the very least, let one of our assistants take over for the rest of the year. Why let Pay run the team into the ground further? Whoever it is, anyone would be better. Pay needs to be fired ASAP.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way we are going, Pay will not be here next year anyways as his contract "extension" clauses would be triggered......
please explain ? and source ??

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
please explain ? and source ??
Source is hot and fiery.

The contract extension is based on performance clauses for this year. If the club decided to terminate Pay's contract at the end of this year in line with the performance clauses, the club would not have to pay him out (2020 salary)

They are chasing after a new coach. I do not know which coach though.

As i have been made aware of Pay's contract clause only last week, my theory is that the club is after a coach who needs permission to come back in. Now whether he is allowed back, and whether it is in 2020 or 2021, that will decide Pay's future.

Pay was re-signed for only 1 year to stop the vultures (media) from hammering the club after only a few weeks and derailing our season (not that the derailing mattered now). Though, as mentioned there are performance clauses and i think they will not be met.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Source is hot and fiery.

The contract extension is based on performance clauses for this year. If the club decided to terminate Pay's contract at the end of this year in line with the performance clauses, the club would not have to pay him out (2020 salary)

They are chasing after a new coach. I do not know which coach though.

As i have been made aware of Pay's contract clause only last week, my theory is that the club is after a coach who needs permission to come back in. Now whether he is allowed back, and whether it is in 2020 or 2021, that will decide Pay's future.

Pay was re-signed for only 1 year to stop the vultures (media) from hammering the club after only a few weeks and derailing our season (not that the derailing mattered now). Though, as mentioned there are performance clauses and i think they will not be met.
Shane Flanagan?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People bagging out Pay. I get it. But do you ***** realise he was the only person willing to coach us. We tried. Nobody wanted to fucking touch us because of the position Hasler and Dib put us in. FFS Maguire looked at our books and walked out and chose the fucking tigers over us.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been saying this since last year.

The team under Georgallis went beyond expectations, winning not one but two premierships last year.

The team under Georgallis are pretty much all in our 1st Grade side .

The team under Georgallis obviously played a winning style of football.

Our team under Pay has yet to string 2 wins in a row

Our team under Pay has been on the bottom of the ladder 8 of 11 rounds.

Our team under Pay is not improving

Our team under Pay has promising stars going backwards.
Lewis has become clueless in his role as halfback and morphing into a forward ,once the saviour , the prince of belmore Now hooked and sent back to reserve grade

Jack cogger could once kick grubbers and pretty accurate kicking has been made to look like an idiot kicking repeatedly straight to the oppositions most potent player.

Okenbor well I don't know about okenbor but he's definitely not improving

It just makes sense to drop Pay and make Georgallis head coach.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been saying this since last year.

The team under Georgallis went beyond expectations, winning not one but two premierships last year.

The team under Georgallis are pretty much all in our 1st Grade side .

The team under Georgallis obviously played a winning style of football.

Our team under Pay has yet to string 2 wins in a row

Our team under Pay has been on the bottom of the ladder 8 of 11 rounds.

Our team under Pay is not improving

Our team under Pay has promising stars going backwards.
Lewis has become clueless in his role as halfback and morphing into a forward ,once the saviour , the prince of belmore Now hooked and sent back to reserve grade

Jack cogger could once kick grubbers and pretty accurate kicking has been made to look like an idiot kicking repeatedly straight to the oppositions most potent player.

Okenbor well I don't know about okenbor but he's definitely not improving

It just makes sense to drop Pay and make Georgallis head coach.
Valid point Wolfy, but I say they will look elsewhere..!! He won’t get us to the big stage, someone else needs too.

Last edited:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. I watched alot of ISP last year and the dogs were beating teams with their forwards. There wasn't anything flashy nor were there many set plays or special tactics. We would just run harder and tackle harder than most teams and I can't see that formula working at 1st grade level...
He could very well be a better coach than Pay but I can't see him taking us higher on the ladder.....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis the saviour? He played in a few wins at the end of the season when we were out of contention. He’s now played more bad games then good in NRL.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If a new coach comes in it shouldn't be anyone on the existing staff.

Let a new coach come in with their own choice of assistants and support staff.

Georgalis isn't the answer, neither are people like Dymock, they're just assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.