Opinion Should Hoppa be dropped?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you know we are operating with the cap at 95%?
True the information came to me 3rd hand at a dinner when I was last in Sydney. But the person who told me should have a good understanding of the workings of the club.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
True the information came to me 3rd hand at a dinner when I was last in Sydney. But the person who told me should have a good understanding of the workings of the club.
I heard the same from someone at the NRL, that was before the Klemmer Napa swap so we should have $200k to $300k more than 5% since.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The cap is such a critical thing to success that the less information made public the better. In such a competitive environment it would be irresponsible to give any details just to appease fans curiosity. I’m happy with the amount of information they have given us on it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, personally I only believe the info from the club. There’s too many people with self interest in the NRL to believe anything that’s not released by the club. Player managers are the main people responsible for most rumours.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough, personally I only believe the info from the club. There’s too many people with self interest in the NRL to believe anything that’s not released by the club. Player managers are the main people responsible for most rumours.
It is hard to know where the truth lies. Personally I am prepared to wait to see how the current crop of players go this season and next but I think the club has made errors.
Late 70's dad my brother David (who is a roosters fan) & I went over the Endeavour field to watch Bulldogs play Cronulla, the dogs got thrashed 33 to 5 and we were sitting on the grass hill and it was freezing. David & I were saying to dad “let’s go” before the end of the game, Dad said “boys we are here to the bitter end, we have to support the team” he didn't cut David any slack.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok say we do have a spare 800k this year :
  1. who has become available that would compliment our squad that doesn't have baggage and
  2. Would they even consider signing with us considering our current predicament ??
so id much rather pay forward some contracts for next year and aim for a bit more quality at the end of the season..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ok say we do have a spare 800k this year :
  1. who has become available that would compliment our squad that doesn't have baggage and
  2. Would they even consider signing with us considering our current predicament ??
so id much rather pay forward some contracts for next year and aim for a bit more quality at the end of the season..
Yes no problem with the club doing that.
But I do have a problem "salary cap" being used by the club for not doing things (i.e. resigning Josh Morris - I'm not going to get over that).

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes no problem with the club doing that.
But I do have a problem "salary cap" being used by the club for not doing things (i.e. resigning Josh Morris - I'm not going to get over that).
we can agree to disagree about that one LOL

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d put Hoppa back to one
Reimis Centre
Meaney wing

Hoppa creates tries
Meaney has been solid but he’s not creating or scoring them

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree with what you're saying but this was more a case of sending the ball down the right hand side all day when they should have been going left.
Its poor game plan more than anything.
Trying to score points on Chambers and Addo Carr Origin reps

Yet young Seve on other edge whereour best player Foran attacks did not get anything thrown to him

Great game plan coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d put Hoppa back to one
Reimis Centre
Meaney wing

Hoppa creates tries
Meaney has been solid but he’s not creating or scoring them
We should play with two fullbacks tbh, also play with two 5/8's and one halfback. No need to play with centres anymore.

Revolutionary.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't accept the blame everything on the "salary cap crisis" because it's way to convenient.
Exactly the same when a new government comes to power "oh shit we've had a chance to look at the books and we are fucked! All bets are off until we can fix up this mess" that excuse is used to the next election or the one after that even.

With the club now. Why didn't you resign the Mossis boys, oh yeah salary cap pressure couldn't.

Any questions on why players were forced out or why the club isn't in the market for big name signings - salary cap is the reason.

Those people you mentioned maybe they accept what they are told by the club or maybe they have a vested interest in holding the club's line, I don't know.

What I have been told is we are below 95% of salary cap now and that after 30 June future payments under certain players contracts will be brought forward to make the club compliant under the NRL salary cap rules and free up some cap space for next season.

Yes I don’t know the full picture but I can tell bullshit stories when I hear them. Here is a prediction we will remain in salary cap stress up to oh I don't know the next football club vote for the board of directors and beyond that it is blue sky as everyone has worked really hard to fix up the salary cap mess.
So we have a team worth probably 75% (being nice I think) of the cap and yet you refuse to believe he screwed us.
You say we are spending around 95% of the cap, with the team on paper what does that tell you about what Des did to us?
Wake up to yourself.

I am not saying Pay is the answer or that he is a better coach than Des but I am saying I don't want Des anywhere near our club!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should play with two fullbacks tbh, also play with two 5/8's and one halfback. No need to play with centres anymore.

Revolutionary.
Just out of curiosity
What would happen with the numbers on their jerseys
It might cause some confusion

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa aint our problem and is a good player fmd