SportingNews/Lurker Joe Stimson

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There's no such thing as an easy recruitment target for this club! Haha. There are at least ten good young hookers that would be available and who can't get a run in the starting team with established players in front of them and still we don't have one signed.
It certainly seems that way doesn't it... top 30 is suppose to help stop big clubs running riot. Sadly it just cripples stupid clubs like ours lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
by the sound of things this guy will be Fualalo's replacement .. if so i can live with it..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it can only be a case that the club dosn't see the need for a hooker.
i think its more of a case of, they need to be very careful on who they pick this time round because it may make or break our team... and i dont want them settling for junk if thats all that is available at seasons end..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fualalo has been one of our better players of late. Really coming into his own as a prop.
that may be the case ,, but if theres one thing i cant stand its when a player hits great form in contract year..especially when hes done SFA the rest of his contract..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fualalo has been one of our better players of late. Really coming into his own as a prop.
He's finally running hard but still has errors in him and I have never seen him smash someone in defence.

I wouldn't keep him he's been in first grade for 3 years now and hasn't improved.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
that may be the case ,, but if theres one thing i cant stand its when a player hits great form in contract year..especially when hes done SFA the rest of his contract..
I agree... but props normally don't fire till later in life. Danny's only 24.

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Confirmed tonight on 360 Stimson has agreed to terms for next year

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DOGS BOOST BACK-ROW WITH STORM ENFORCER

The struggling Canterbury Bulldogs have boosted their NRL roster for next season with the signing of Melbourne Storm forward Joe Stimson on a three-year contract.

Stimson, 23, will inform Storm players of his decision on Tuesday and play out the remainder of the season in Melbourne before switching to Belmore.

He has played 41 NRL games for the Storm in the last three seasons.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy was keen to keep the edge forward in Melbourne but couldn’t match the offer from the Bulldogs or two other clubs that were interested.

“He’s a Storm player through and through,” said assistant coach Jason Ryles last week when questioned about the interest from premiership rivals.

The Bulldogs were originally keen to sign Stimson this year but the Storm refused to release him.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stimson in.

So who does he replace out of Fualalo, Martin and Tualau?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson in.

I reckon Tualau & Fualalo should cover his wage. I reckon we promote someone from Holden cup or nsw cup to the top 30

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stimson in.

Will be a replacement for the dud otherwise known as Zac Saddler, as well as Tualau. He may also replace Garlick or Nelson.

I highly doubt he'll see much NRL time unless the club are about to do something truly mindbending (which wouldn't suprise me).

Knowing us we'll release CHN or Jackson in place of Stimson.