Opinion Should Hoppa be dropped?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not dropped,just moved back to fullback.He can create from the back and chime into the backline and actually knows what a sweep play is.Meaney is quick I grant him that but offers absolutely nothing in attack,either organising or creating.You need options in NRL and Meaney doesn’t offer that.
he offered plenty in his brief stint with newcastle... our structures are the issue.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Complete overblown rhetoric by the new board!!

How do you know anything you said is in fact true? Whenever someone leaves a job (at a certain level) the knives come out after they have gone.
Simple point is this Des won the court case be brought against the club, if there was malfeasance or acting outside of his authority he would not have won that court case.

Certainly not on a performance basis, 5 final series in 6 years and the one year he missed the finals the team finished in 11th position with 10 wins. They way we are going with Dean we will be lucky to make one final series in 6 years.
No one said he did it "outside his authority". He did it with the blessing of the board. The unfair dismissal case is irrelevant.
He did it to manly previously and did it to us, if you want to stick your head in the sand and deny it that's your problem. Just tell me, how were our junior teams when he left? He screwed us!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No one said he did it "outside his authority". He did it with the blessing of the board. The unfair dismissal case is irrelevant.
He did it to manly previously and did it to us, if you want to stick your head in the sand and deny it that's your problem. Just tell me, how were our junior teams when he left? He screwed us!
Didn't he win 2 premierships at Manly?
Also I am very dubious where every aspect of the clubs performance from NRL team performance, salary cap management, recruitment including Flegg & SG Ball, Des gets the blame for here on the Kennel.

Also if you remember Des got moved on not for salary cap but because the team was playing boring football and was underperforming.

We are still playing boring rugby league and performing worse.

I agreed Des' time was up, but never did I imagine the club would go backwards at light speed like it has.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really bud heard it from one of those players you mentioned he wanted out and so did a few of them on the list also. Don’t always believe what you hear in the media. The place was a shamble... not saying it’s much better now lol but Des was highly disliked by many towards the middle and back end of his time here
Yep i know that for a fact, the mad proffessor was getting madder all the time, but the team lost its madness and really havent found it yet

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL you question someone about factual information, meanwhile your whole argument is based of hunches and assumptions..
Hunches & assumptions?
Human nature to blame ex colleagues - FACT
Des won his legal action against the club - FACT
5 final series in 6 years - FACT
2017 had 10 wins & finished 11th - FACT

the only non factual part was the guess on performance over the next 4 seasons. Hopefully that is too pessimistic.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your all saying how jmk is so underwhelming good defender has pace chuck him in to centre problem is who plays 9 just putting it out there
Lewis, can tackle and pass, doesnt run much at half or 5/8 but might at hooker

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hunches & assumptions?
Human nature to blame ex colleagues - FACT
Des won his legal action against the club - FACT
5 final series in 6 years - FACT
2017 had 10 wins & finished 11th - FACT

the only non factual part was the guess on performance over the next 4 seasons. Hopefully that is too pessimistic.
i was referring to all the extra "supposed" money we have hidden that you keep referring to..
Fact Board has come out and said we dont have money
Newspapers have written copious amounts of articles about the salary and how we have no money
Graeame Hughes continues to say that the cap was in a terrible mess and we have no money
Peter Tunks who was part of Dibs re election campaign, says that the cap is a mess and we have no money..

if we do have a little bit of extra money left over this year, im glad its not just being splashed on hasbeens or mediocrity..

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
he offered plenty in his brief stint with newcastle... our structures are the issue.
I can’t believe our structures stop him from attacking,it’s his call to not get involved.Word from Newcastle is they thought the same.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can’t believe our structures stop him from attacking,it’s his call to not get involved.Word from Newcastle is they thought the same.
Buderus hinted at some deficiencies, but not around his support play and willingness to be on the ball. Was more concerned about his lack of ball playing ability.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s pathetic and utter trash
But the ones behind him are even worse if that’s possible
Oh it is possible, only at our club

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem around here is that people have the memory of a gold fish..
You're absolutely correct, a professor once told the class if you don't remember anything you've seen or heard you haven't learned anything.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Complete overblown rhetoric by the new board!!

How do you know anything you said is in fact true? Whenever someone leaves a job (at a certain level) the knives come out after they have gone.
Simple point is this Des won the court case be brought against the club, if there was malfeasance or acting outside of his authority he would not have won that court case.

Certainly not on a performance basis, 5 final series in 6 years and the one year he missed the finals the team finished in 11th position with 10 wins. They way we are going with Dean we will be lucky to make one final series in 6 years.
Not to mention how Des mortgaged our future to the hilt, in order to get paid his bonuses.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i was referring to all the extra "supposed" money we have hidden that you keep referring to..
Fact Board has come out and said we dont have money
Newspapers have written copious amounts of articles about the salary and how we have no money
Graeame Hughes continues to say that the cap was in a terrible mess and we have no money
Peter Tunks who was part of Dibs re election campaign, says that the cap is a mess and we have no money..

if we do have a little bit of extra money left over this year, im glad its not just being splashed on hasbeens or mediocrity..
I don't accept the blame everything on the "salary cap crisis" because it's way to convenient.
Exactly the same when a new government comes to power "oh shit we've had a chance to look at the books and we are fucked! All bets are off until we can fix up this mess" that excuse is used to the next election or the one after that even.

With the club now. Why didn't you resign the Mossis boys, oh yeah salary cap pressure couldn't.

Any questions on why players were forced out or why the club isn't in the market for big name signings - salary cap is the reason.

Those people you mentioned maybe they accept what they are told by the club or maybe they have a vested interest in holding the club's line, I don't know.

What I have been told is we are below 95% of salary cap now and that after 30 June future payments under certain players contracts will be brought forward to make the club compliant under the NRL salary cap rules and free up some cap space for next season.

Yes I don’t know the full picture but I can tell bullshit stories when I hear them. Here is a prediction we will remain in salary cap stress up to oh I don't know the next football club vote for the board of directors and beyond that it is blue sky as everyone has worked really hard to fix up the salary cap mess.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I have been told is we are below 95% of salary cap now and that after 30 June future payments under certain players contracts will be brought forward to make the club compliant under the NRL salary cap rules and free up some cap space for next season.
Why is this such a bad thing,, i dont understand your hatred for this method ?? is sounds like smart business in damage control mode..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is this such a bad thing,, i dont understand your hatred for this method ?? is sounds like smart business in damage control mode..
Yes that's fine.
But the club should just be honest about it..
I'm still reading the salary cap will prevent the club being active in the player market until 2021?
We are below 95% now and we are paying $200k for at least one player to player to play at another club.

Also how is the club's reputational risk in the player market now after forcing players out?

Also how does the club reconcile not giving Josh & Brett Morris another 2 seasons but resigning Michael Lichaa for another 2 seasons after three awful seasons but three good games after "not being on Des' leash any more"?

Sorry the club needs to be much more honest and upfront with members & supporter base.
Uncertainty is a killer.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes that's fine.
But the club should just be honest about it..
I'm still reading the salary cap will prevent the club being active in the player market until 2021?
We are below 95% now and we are paying $200k for at least one player to player to play at another club.

Also how is the club's reputational risk in the player market now after forcing players out?

Also how does the club reconcile not giving Josh & Brett Morris another 2 seasons but resigning Michael Lichaa for another 2 seasons after three awful seasons but three good games after "not being on Des' leash any more"?

Sorry the club needs to be much more honest and upfront with members & supporter base.
Uncertainty is a killer.
They have been upfront and been open about the salary cap and you chose not to believe it. People will never be happy with the amount of information given out and will always want more. They can’t open the books and go into detail about contract negotiations just because the fans want to know. How do you know we are operating with the cap at 95%?