Shane Flanagan

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
He played his junior footy for st George dragons in the Canterbury comp, Clemton park, he was hopeless never made Matt’s, ball, etc for us , he tried out all the time, but one thing in his favour was he was a massive suck hole, still happens today, you only need the right person in the right position to like you, it’s the one thing in this game that’s never changed.
Nothing funny about it , what I posted, my cousin played in his side, and I saw him go around most weekends he was crap, but back in those days Rep teams had 3 selectors and a coach, and he would kiss arse massively trying to get a start. Kev Moore, Anthony Elias, peter gentle they will all tell you the same thing, one played with him the other two against him, he was hopeless, not sure if the pike that’s involved with our welfare atm is the same one that used to be in flannos side as well as a kid.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played his junior footy for st George dragons in the Canterbury comp, Clemton park, he was hopeless never made Matt’s, ball, etc for us , he tried out all the time, but one thing in his favour was he was a massive suck hole, still happens today, you only need the right person in the right position to like you, it’s the one thing in this game that’s never changed.
Thanks for clarifying. unfortunately that stuff seems to happen in a lot of sports especially when it comes to rep teams.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d honestly rather the club let a different random fan coach the team each week than even consider signing Flanagan. I think all you pro Flanagan people are on fucking heavy duty drugs tbh.

Fuck him.

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
does not matter who coaches us we don't have the players our forwards are ordinary and our backs cant attack simple

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I find myself that desponded at the moment that Flanagan sounds like a better option that what we have. This is even though I think he is a cheating, peptide forcing fukwit!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about when the club appoints Ben Anderson

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a coach with a bit of cnut in him and hopefully then some players with a bit of cnut in them. Sick of being the nice guys as you know where they finish

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a coach with a bit of cnut in him and hopefully then some players with a bit of cnut in them. Sick of being the nice guys as you know where they finish
Spot on!

Too many vaginas around the joint and not enough *****

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He really isn’t doing much these days
I see him on a regular basis at the Bangor Tavern
Hanging with a few friends enjoying beers,good life

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How much does the head coaching role at the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs pay these days? Anyone have an idea.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How much does the head coaching role at the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs pay these days? Anyone have an idea.
There is so called "soft" ceiling on the expenditure of the football departments of clubs which will apply from next year of $5.93m. The NRL "taxes" anything above that at 37.5%, which in itself is interesting. Bellamy is reportedly on $1.75m a season.

Go Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There is so called "soft" ceiling on the expenditure of the football departments of clubs which will apply from next year of $5.93m. The NRL "taxes" anything above that at 37.5%, which in itself is interesting. Bellamy is reportedly on $1.75m a season.

Go Dogs
Isn't Cleary on $1.6m? I assume a first time coach like Pay would be in the $500k to $750k range?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Cleary on $1.6m? I assume a first time coach like Pay would be in the $500k to $750k range?
I’m not sure at all but don’t think he is on that much coin
Pay is a rookie coach

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think first time coaches are anywhere from 150K-300K. It's why the Dogs didn't mind extending it, as whats the point of bringing in someone established.

If we are going for a "Bulldogs" coach. How about getting Greg Brentnall's son Marc in. Greg Brentnall was an assistant coach to Chris Anderson back when they won the comp, and then moved onto footy manager. Marc Brentnall has been at the Storm now for ages, and is currently assistant coach to Craig Bellamy (started coaching U20's and the like). I'm sure Chris could find out if he is keen to take the next step. And he would be cheap compared to most we could bring in. It would then be about putting some senior assistant coaches around him to help with shaping the team.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think first time coaches are anywhere from 150K-300K. It's why the Dogs didn't mind extending it, as whats the point of bringing in someone established.

If we are going for a "Bulldogs" coach. How about getting Greg Brentnall's son Marc in. Greg Brentnall was an assistant coach to Chris Anderson back when they won the comp, and then moved onto footy manager. Marc Brentnall has been at the Storm now for ages, and is currently assistant coach to Craig Bellamy (started coaching U20's and the like). I'm sure Chris could find out if he is keen to take the next step. And he would be cheap compared to most we could bring in. It would then be about putting some senior assistant coaches around him to help with shaping the team.
According to the storm website he’s responsible for their attack and outside backs. Helps having the players and other coaches they’ve got there but that idea certainly wouldn’t be the worst

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only two reasons Flangagan seemed successful:
1. Drugging up players and overlooking it.
2. Blowing the salary cap to bits and overlooking it.

Shane Flanagan is nothing more than a cheat, and deserves a life ban for rugby league at any level.

Absolutely shitstain on the game.
Whilst I can’t disagree with your 2 points he also has a win at all costs mentality. Don’t for a second think that a large portion of the league hasn’t used some form of questionable or even illegal performance enhancing methods or substances.

As an example a couple of roosters players tested positive to steriods post the off season a while back with zero sanction from the club or the NRL.

Anyone who gets caught gets made an example of and the rest carry on. Flanagan can at least add a premiership to his methods and salary cap catastrophe. We ended up with Desball permanently embedded across our team and nothing else. You gotta ask which would you prefer? A premiership or a participation award

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whilst I can’t disagree with your 2 points he also has a win at all costs mentality. Don’t for a second think that a large portion of the league hasn’t used some form of questionable or even illegal performance enhancing methods or substances.

As an example a couple of roosters players tested positive to steriods post the off season a while back with zero sanction from the club or the NRL.

Anyone who gets caught gets made an example of and the rest carry on. Flanagan can at least add a premiership to his methods and salary cap catastrophe. We ended up with Desball permanently embedded across our team and nothing else. You gotta ask which would you prefer? A premiership or a participation award
Yep Martin Kennedy was such a lousy fucking player one he got off the banned substances... I'd bet my bottom dollar Friend and a few other naughty boys at the time would have been in on it also

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the end, I believe the coach will be someone close to the Anderson family. Flanagan is just too hot an issue for our club. The media would have a field day which we want to avoid.
Brett Kimmorley is my pick. The Anderson's have long memories and Dymock & Pay are not their favourite people.
Do you know, when he finished up I said he would make a good coach. He has football smarts and some people skill. Don’t know if he has anything else but couldn’t be worse than what we have now

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan pumped drugs into someone and it lead to their death..let’s not forget he’s that kind of guy..