Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopoate isn't the problem.

You either play him at FB or on the wing but Dud Pay & Anderson have no clue.

Let me remind you of how our dud rebuild is going...

If we kept Des our spine would've been better:

1. Hopoate
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. NOT Lichaa (he was on his way out)

We would of retained Klemmer, Woods & the Morris twins.

This rebuild is a total farce.
...and we would still have major cap issues.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN is pretty dodgy in defence as well and could get exposed even more by fast centres.
CHN is number 8 in the whole NRL for most missed tackles with 46 so far. He got stepped for a try on the weekend. Plenty more to come if he plays centre regularly

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just like to say Hoppa has nothing to do with our poor attack. He is a good centre not a great centre. Good centres execute tries great ones create something from nothing. Hoppa doesn’t have the speed but give him an overlap and he will put it away.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I agree our tactics stunk yesterday. But if you give a good centre early ball he has to create something eventually. Hoppa has killed our momentum many times in previous games. At the start of the year I thought he would do the job but he hasn't.. he's become the tolman of our backline

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
To go to Belmore and score one try is horrendous and scoring points is our weakness we need to start trying things something might click

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopoate isn't the problem.

You either play him at FB or on the wing but Dud Pay & Anderson have no clue.

Let me remind you of how our dud rebuild is going...

If we kept Des our spine would've been better:

1. Hopoate
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. NOT Lichaa (he was on his way out)

We would of retained Klemmer, Woods & the Morris twins.

This rebuild is a total farce.
You have no idea do you. We let those players go because of Hasler talking the board into back ending contracts. We couldnt afford to keep them and we are better off without them all. We will rise again. Be patient. Rome wasnt built in a day. I see good signs moving forward...Cogger, Meaney, Lewis, Martin, CHN, Napa, Okunbor, Montoya, Crichton all players of the future all have something to offer.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t warm to Hoppa and never have. Looks to me like he only does it for the money. Always looks bored and shows no enthusiasm. Sack half if not more of the over represented and under performing second rowers and get some decent centres. Cogger and Lewis in the halves, We at least have a decent fullback again - at last. Then get a coach who can coach a team. In what Pay has shown he does not have the ability. Whether out is personality or coaching skills I do not know. But competence in coaching is shown in the team’s results. And the team’s performances over two seasons now reflects poorly on Pay’s coaching competence. Interesting experiment but has failed.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t warm to Hoppa and never have. Looks to me like he only does it for the money. Always looks bored and shows no enthusiasm. Sack half if not more of the over represented and under performing second rowers and get some decent centres. Cogger and Lewis in the halves, We at least have a decent fullback again - at last. Then get a coach who can coach a team. In what Pay has shown he does not have the ability. Whether out is personality or coaching skills I do not know. But competence in coaching is shown in the team’s results. And the team’s performances over two seasons now reflects poorly on Pay’s coaching competence. Interesting experiment but has failed.

Yeah the fullback is safe BUT Hoppa is so much better then him

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have no idea do you. We let those players go because of Hasler talking the board into back ending contracts. We couldnt afford to keep them and we are better off without them all. We will rise again. Be patient. Rome wasnt built in a day. I see good signs moving forward...Cogger, Meaney, Lewis, Martin, CHN, Napa, Okunbor, Montoya, Crichton all players of the future all have something to offer.
Montoya/Crichton ?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your all saying how jmk is so underwhelming good defender has pace chuck him in to centre problem is who plays 9 just putting it out there

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des did create club all the players wanted to stay at.. Finucane, Pritchard, Ennis, Cook, Graham, Reynolds all didnt want to leave thats how strong the culture was & tightly knit the team was under him..

Poor recruitment / retention aside he knows how to coach and bring a team together, hes gone back to Manly and doing there what he did here.. there punching above their weight like we did.. we had a poor attacking squad under Des, but no way we decline like we have if he was here..

Hindsight now but if we knew how bad Pay is we would have kept Des..
If des was still here we probably would be a little better but it would just be delaying the inevitable. He would have kept his backended shamozzle going.
Can't believe people are showing Des love. He screwed us, he ruined our junior system and backended our senior system. I would prefer anybody coaching us over Des.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If des was still here we probably would be a little better but it would just be delaying the inevitable. He would have kept his backended shamozzle going.
Can't believe people are showing Des love. He screwed us, he ruined our junior system and backended our senior system. I would prefer anybody coaching us over Des.
the problem around here is that people have the memory of a gold fish..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa is way more suited to the wing imo. only issue is he lacks genuine speed.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Complete overblown rhetoric by the new board!!

How do you know anything you said is in fact true? Whenever someone leaves a job (at a certain level) the knives come out after they have gone.
Simple point is this Des won the court case be brought against the club, if there was malfeasance or acting outside of his authority he would not have won that court case.

Certainly not on a performance basis, 5 final series in 6 years and the one year he missed the finals the team finished in 11th position with 10 wins. They way we are going with Dean we will be lucky to make one final series in 6 years.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That article about Hoppa touching the ball the most in the NRL was the biggest gee up I have ever read.

Every other centre in the NRL has created a line break for himself without the help of a team mate except our absolute plonker of a player.

Paying State of Origin cash for a Jim beam Cup quality player.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Complete overblown rhetoric by the new board!!

How do you know anything you said is in fact true? Whenever someone leaves a job (at a certain level) the knives come out after they have gone.
Simple point is this Des won the court case be brought against the club, if there was malfeasance or acting outside of his authority he would not have won that court case.

Certainly not on a performance basis, 5 final series in 6 years and the one year he missed the finals the team finished in 11th position with 10 wins. They way we are going with Dean we will be lucky to make one final series in 6 years.
LOL you question someone about factual information, meanwhile your whole argument is based of hunches and assumptions..

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not dropped,just moved back to fullback.He can create from the back and chime into the backline and actually knows what a sweep play is.Meaney is quick I grant him that but offers absolutely nothing in attack,either organising or creating.You need options in NRL and Meaney doesn’t offer that.