Shane Flanagan

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Change thread title to “Any other coach in the world” and a strong case could be made to sign them

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know things aren’t great currently.... but Flanagan? Fuck that. We are better than that.... ethically, I mean.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've cleaned more respectable things from the inside of my toilet. That would be the end of us if we signed that steaming turd and he tried cheating again. Can you imagine the circus that would be?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've cleaned more respectable things from the inside of my toilet. That would be the end of us if we signed that steaming turd and he tried cheating again. Can you imagine the circus that would be?
Completely agree.

Yes, we want the best but at what cost? Look what happened when we got Dessie on board

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
John Morris is doing a better job than Flanagan did the last few years and they play with a lot more flair and freedom now.. They seem to be enjoying their footy again whereas Flanagan was all about the wrestle and completing sets. We don't need another Des and the ego on Flanagan is huge.

Also, we don't need to hire someone who will be under intense scrutiny from the NRL. Our club is under a constant microscope as it is. And we can't afford to wait until whenever it is that his ban his lifted. Pay can't stay on til the end of 2020, that's just unacceptable.

There are plenty of talented young coaches out there who are deserving of a chance and who could turn the club around. Holbrook or O'Brien are my choices.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone invented a time machine yet?
Hurry up already and take me back to the 80’s when thing we’re good for the doggies

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the end, I believe the coach will be someone close to the Anderson family. Flanagan is just too hot an issue for our club. The media would have a field day which we want to avoid.
Brett Kimmorley is my pick. The Anderson's have long memories and Dymock & Pay are not their favourite people.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
In the end, I believe the coach will be someone close to the Anderson family. Flanagan is just too hot an issue for our club. The media would have a field day which we want to avoid.
Brett Kimmorley is my pick. The Anderson's have long memories and Dymock & Pay are not their favourite people.
If they decide to punt him they can lean on the fact it was the previous adminstration that made the call so if results don't turn around soon it could be the end..

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You reckon? Or you are certain?
Has been told by Greenberg he will be allowed back after 2 years , had 2 clubs chasing him , one just resigned there coach for 3 years....

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can he share his stash of peptides with the Kennel..
We took Hasler who was doing the same type of shit with manly and we were the first to Rort the cap , so we can’t be too hypercritical of him , he wants to win and players love playing for him , he actually a good bloke and probably exactly what the club needs moving forward. If we don’t , watch the dragons swoop next.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We took Hasler who was doing the same type of shit with manly and we were the first to Rort the cap , so we can’t be too hypercritical of him , he wants to win and players love playing for him , he actually a good bloke and probably exactly what the club needs moving forward. If we don’t , watch the dragons swoop next.
I got no problem with Flanagan.. hes a premiership winner & built that team with great recruitment decisions..

We arevpaying the price for hiring a rookie coach because hes a 'Bulldogs' man...

Lets just hire the best available coach next time were picking one..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Of course they will
There's no incentive for the NRL to do so, except sponsors walking away from the game even moreso.

It's not like there is a shortage of NRL coaches, and Shanes achieved absolutely nothing but dragging the games name through the mud and cheating.