Opinion We need to have more games at Belmore

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Belmore Sports Ground is where the love began. It’s why many of us still have a passion for the game in our adulthood. It’s a great day for the kids and still got what it takes for a healthy crowd.
We need to make a huge noise and have a big push to keep playing many games at Belmore

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol really? Ok.

Maybe when they stand up, play with pride..and become the bulldogs of old and start smashing teams. Then belmore comes into play as the fortress..!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we got bigger problems than where we play tbh.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The more we play at Belmore the more games we will win at Belmore. It's only logic. If we play let's say all 12 home games a season at Belmore , we will not win any less than 12 games at ANZ. There is no such thing as a cursed stadium.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good ground to watch footy at close to the action just a shame the 1500 dancers at half time were more entertaining than the crap the Dogs dished up today. I still had fun drinking cans on the hill.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should have more rural games. Get out there during the week leading up to the game and attract younger fans to our membership. City people take it for granted and it doesn’t matter where we play it won’t be pretty to watch.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty obvious some of the players don’t feel the passion

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No belmore is no fortress take our games that we consider playing at belmore to the bush the crowd gets into it more our crowd yesterday was so quiet didn’t inspire the team at all playing piss poor didn’t help either

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No no no no no

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Belmore is outdated..
Play on a Saturday night at 7.30pm and see how many u get

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was actually a really good feeling at the ground before kick off yesterday and it felt like the halcyon days back in 94.

In saying that though once a year is enough for Belmore the facilities aren't up to scratch to hold multiple games a season.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looked alot better than an empty Stadium thats for sure.
Need the boys to get the passion for it though. Ground looked in good nic.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a home ground big time. Not saying this is our problem but will help with refs. We dont have any advantage playing at ANZ. I am not sure about belmore have some great memories there but i have never seen this club perform so badly. Nice to know were rebuilding but 34 games under pay and to me we are going backwards.

Last edited: