11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
14. Moses Mbye
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Dylan Napa
17. David Fifita
18. Tim Glasby

Queensland have put injury concerns aside by naming Daly Cherry-Evans, Jai Arrow and Moses Mbye in Kevin Walters's extended squad for Origin I.

Cherry-Evans's rapid five-week recovery from syndesmosis surgery is among the fastest seen in rugby league circles, with the Manly halfback named at No.7 for the Maroons. It is expected he will continue his return to full fitness while in camp.

Mbye will be his back-up on the bench due to his versatility in the No.14 jersey despite concerns over his fitness.

His Tigers coach Michael Maguire told reporters on Saturday night that Mbye would be "without a doubt" ready to go for the series opener at Suncorp Stadium.

North Queensland's Jake Granville and Brisbane playmaker Anthony Milford both came under discussion for the utility role but sit behind Mbye in Queensland's pecking order.

Dylan Napa and debutant duo Joe Ofahengaue and David Fifita will provide impact off the interchange bench. Knights prop Tim Glasby has been named as the 18th man.

Ben Hunt was named at hooker after coming through the Dragons' clash with Cronulla unscathed on Sunday.

GSG

New Pup
Reaction score
lmao Mbye got a bench spot. Only fitting he gets 15-20 mins and still goes MIA

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye has always been highly rated by Walters and Meninga. As mentioned by both, he is an out and out hooker.

Will be interesting to see how he goes in rotation with Hunt

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jai Arrow starting front row and Mbye on the bench.... LOL

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t write qld off , it happens every year we laugh at the team and they stay quiet , it’s munster, ponga , and dce that will be the ones to watch. Cleary being nsw half is the weak point , was confident nsw would win if Keary was partnering Reynolds or Walker

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see QLD winning, but Napa or Mbye should not be there on form.

Hess and Wallace have been poor this year too but are better and offer way more than Napa. Plus they've performed better than he has in Origin.

Mbye is the hack of all trades and master of none. He gets picked on unfulfilled potential and utility value but isn't deserving of an Origin jersey. They should have moved Morgan to the bench and put Edrick Lee at wing and Gagai in the centres.

I'm excited to see Ofahengue and Fifita though.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's actually not a bad side. Ponga/Munster combo actually is scary.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
shit got real

Dudbye conned his way to the origin team . lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh , hopefully Nsw win this series.. stuff Queensland lol.

Go Blue :innocent:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
QLD would look so much better with Kyle Feldt on the wing, Gagai at centre and Morgan on the bench replacing Mbye.
I’d have probably picked Milford on the bench personally his last month was very good. Can cover the same positions basically and McGuire can play hooker at a pinch

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant believe how much Coen Hess has dropped in form. I wouldve thought he'd be the next shoe in for the next Decade +
Think there is enough X Factor in Ponga & Munster to add Milford in. Mbye isnt that bad a choice for utility, he can slot anywhere into the backline with a shuffle and Hooker if required.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unbelievable, the two guys we let go for our dud rebuild are playing origin.