Mice issue or not?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just hate the idea the bastard could have literally crawled over me in my sleep, given it has clearly taken a tour of the master bedroom and main toilet, and yet somehow managed to remain completely hidden.

I actually wonder if it got up the aircon piping into the roof and arrived that way. Either that or its snuck in the dog door/open door or under a door somehow. Doubt it could fit in weepholes.

ok not sure about rats but the mice have a collapsible skeleton.

they can literally flatten themselves like paper to go through the narrowest of spaces.

Before using the sticky pad i used the clamp thingy and i caught the mice perfectly alive with the clamp completely shut across the abdomen area.

they are very sensitive around the head and gentlest of taps can kill them.

in your case it sounds like if it is a rat it could be coming through the toilet bowl/ sewerage pipe.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just get ratsak
I have a very funny story about the Ratsak.

I had a mice problem in my kitchen and i bought the Ratsak and place it under the sink , next morning i checked and the entire packet was gone.

I put the second packet on second night and the next morning the packet was gone again.

I was baffled who the fuck is taking the entire packet?

Third night I put the packet and sat in the corner for 2 hours quietly watching the poison no stop. Then out came the little mice, sniffed around the packet, grabbed the corner in its mouth and took it inside the hole of the cabinet. Next morning i pulled out the cabinet and found a dozen little mice pups and my 3 packets of rat sacks.

The little fucker was hording the food (poison) for the babies to grow.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
ok not sure about rats but the mice have a collapsible skeleton.

they can literally flatten themselves like paper to go through the narrowest of spaces.

Before using the sticky pad i used the clamp thingy and i caught the mice perfectly alive with the clamp completely shut across the abdomen area.

they are very sensitive around the head and gentlest of taps can kill them.

in your case it sounds like if it is a rat it could be coming through the toilet bowl/ sewerage pipe.
Definitely not a rat... was about the size of my thumb.

We had rats at the other place we rented, no thanks to leaving a dog toy outside with treats in it (by mistake). Bloody things ate through the toy to get to it. Their shits are far bigger and more obvious.

I had a mice problem in my kitchen and i bought the Ratsak and place it under the sink , next morning i checked and the entire packet was gone.

I put the second packet on second night and the next morning the packet was gone again.

Third night I put the packet and sat in the corner for 2 hours quietly watching the poison no stop. Then out came the little mice, sniffed around the packet, grabbed the corner in its mouth and took it inside the hole of the cabinet. Next morning i pulled out the cabinet and found a dozen little mice pups and my 3 packets of rat sacks.

At that point I'd just hand over the keys and move :D

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I just use the pellets, they cant spew so the once they eat it they're fucked.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just use the pellets, they cant spew so the once they eat it they're fucked.

I did have the packets slightly open with pellets exposed.

The mice didnt take a bit and kept taking the whole packets to her hording shed

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never seen a rat in real life.

True story.
Go to the city of an evening they're everywhere.

I had a rat almost the size of a cat at circular quay squaring off at me.

It's as if it sensed how freaked out I was about its size.
I swear it was going to charge me like a stray dog until I stamped my lead foot down and it changed its mind!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm probably going to be thought of as odd. But I have one of those live traps. I haven't caught any in 2 years. But if I catch them I release them in the bush near some blackberry bushes.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You gotta be careful there's endangered marsupials which get mistaken for rats and mice but are a native species!

I wonder how many have been wiped out over the years being mistaken for rats and mice?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walk the plank and rolling log.
No more mice......ever.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My understanding is that the one I'm using is a rather toxic anti colagulant (sp?).

Mouse gets hungry, mouse eats bait. Mouse gets thirsty, mouse drinks and activates bait.

Shortly after every single mousey organ bleeds itself into it's mousey body cavity causing mass trauma and death
Yep. It’s warfarin.
Same stuff they give to people at risk of clots or with weak hearts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if the little bastards dead yet... thought I heard it in its death chamber (outside) this evening.. but might have been wrong as when I tapped the bin there was no noise from it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not sure if the little bastards dead yet... thought I heard it in its death chamber (outside) this evening.. but might have been wrong as when I tapped the bin there was no noise from it.
Dude... do you really have to kill the cute little shit? Look at him... so small and innocent... just going about his day, trying to make it in this world. Why not take him for a cruise with you and the dog to your nearest forest and water fall area and let him run wild? Chances are he'll make a nice meal for the local wildlife.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dude... do you really have to kill the cute little shit? Look at him... so small and innocent... just going about his day, trying to make it in this world. Why not take him for a cruise with you and the dog to your nearest forest and water fall area and let him run wild? Chances are he'll make a nice meal for the local wildlife.
It certainly wasn't cute. Besides they can decimate local wildlife and bushland.

Pretty sure it's a big no no to release non native wildlife.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It certainly wasn't cute. Besides they can decimate local wildlife and bushland.

Pretty sure it's a big no no to release non native wildlife.
Most of Australia has been ruined by invasive species. Including us!
Funny how we don't view ourselves as an invasive species.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Most of Australia has been ruined by invasive species. Including us!
Funny how we don't view ourselves as an invasive species.
They ran off the ropes of the ships when the fleets started to arrive.