Is cogger the halfback we have needed?

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
We win one game against the team equal last with us and this thread starts,lmao must be a slow day in keyboard land.Get up walk outside and greet the day.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I get your drift, but soccer hasn't had no where near the changes Rugby League has.

1. A try was worth 3 points, now it's worth 4 points
2. A field goal was worth 2 points, now it's worth 1 point
3. The scrum was a contest and a hooker was an actual hooker. The hooker was picked in the side according to how well he could rake the ball in the scrum.
4. The marker was allowed to play at the ball in the ruck.
5. The player playing the ball in the ruck used to be able to tap the ball forward and run again if there was no marker.
6. The 10 metre rule used to be a 5 metre rule.
7. If the defending team caught the ball on the full in their own in goal area it was play on, no 20 metre tap(used to be 22 metre line as well)
8. There was no 40/20
9. There was no 7 tackle set to the oppositon if you kicked the ball dead.
10. There was no interchange. Once you were taken off you couldn't come back on.
11. Shoulder charges aren't allowed anymore
12. There was no Golden point - a draw was a draw.

And there are probably more that I haven't mentioned. This is just what came to mind.

My point is Rugby League positions and the way the game is played has changed.
But the focus of my intial post in reply to G_Dog_Rota was about the Halves, and to why halves just ain't halves anymore with the bag of tricks they used to have and why they aren't coached like traditional halves. And why the skills are not there anymore for most halves. They are trained to be robotic. Why? Because of all the changes that have been made over the years to make the game more entertaining. End to End footy, quick play the balls, with the aim to get to the opponents red zone followed by a 5th tackle cross field bomb to your wingers. Then press repeat and start again. Not saying it's a bad thing to make the game more entertaining and appealling to a wider audience and generate revenue from memberships, tv rights and sponsors. But in the process some of the skills of great positions like in the halves have been lost along the way.

Also, the interpreation of the rules by refs change as well from year to year and coaches and players seem to be getting confused as much as the fans.
Yeah, a big wow just how many rule changes there’s been when you list them like that, a few have been good and relevant but the majority have been reactionary based on speeding up the game as you said.

Interesting....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We win one game against the team equal last with us and this thread starts,lmao must be a slow day in keyboard land.Get up walk outside and greet the day.
They just flogged Manly at crookvale.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
They just flogged Manly at crookvale.
Because they didn’t play Manly liked they played against us or the kennel would have called for Cogger to be dropped.Hopefully he can stand up against the Storm

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger may not be the superstar that some people think. But he is the best we have.
He's young and will get better. With Baa and Turvey guiding him he will go OK.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol it’s so funny reading some of the comments here.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is the other cogger thread gone?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where is the other cogger thread gone?
Sorry Cogger didn't kick the ball out on the full like our saviour Lewis... all our halves are average and Lewis was playing the worst out of the lot so he was cut. Just accept it and move on

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh by the way Lewis won today

I mean his team won.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh by the way Lewis won today

I mean his team won.
In NSW Cup.... big difference between beating the top team in NSW Cup, and beating a Top 4 NRL side.

By that logic Holland scored a double today and should be back next week, and Lichaa should be promoted because he's been playing well.

NSW Cup is in no way a comparison to NRL.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In NSW Cup.... big difference between beating the top team in NSW Cup, and beating a Top 4 NRL side.

By that logic Holland scored a double today and should be back next week, and Lichaa should be promoted because he's been playing well.

NSW Cup is in no way a comparison to NRL.
So cogger over Lewis still ? Lol

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lolllll oh my indiandog just give it up mate.

You are truely making a fool of yourself. To the point where i am actually feeling sorry and embarrassed for you.

You really dont understand what people are saying hahaha

So deluded. So Salty

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lolllll oh my indiandog just give it up mate.

You are truely making a fool of yourself. To the point where i am actually feeling sorry and embarrassed for you.

You really dont understand what people are saying hahaha

So deluded. So Salty
I am deluded when I told you cogger is going to embarrass you cogger lovers ?

Love rubbing that salt you speak off into your own wounds that were left today by coggers shitty kicks and chambers making him his bitch today just like Copley made him his bitch last week.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am deluded when I told you cogger is going to embarrass you cogger lovers ?

Love rubbing that salt you speak off into your own wounds that were left today by coggers shitty kicks and chambers making him his bitch today just like Copley made him his bitch last week.
Sooo so salty.

Poor indiandog. Barking loud and proud,. But with no substance. So salty, so triggered. There there boy. Do you need a cuddle to settle you.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sooo so salty.

Poor indiandog. Barking loud and proud,. But with no substance. So salty, so triggered. There there boy. Do you need a cuddle to settle you.
Psychological projection much ?

You are the one embarrassed and humiliated tonight for your clueless posts on Lewis v cogger and I need a hug ?

Buhahaha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Indiandog going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Cogger is almost as bad as NabFab going on and on and on and on about Pay before we'd played a game this season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Indiandog going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Cogger is almost as bad as NabFab going on and on and on and on about Pay before we'd played a game this season.
Cogger has played 28 career games

Lewis has played 17 career games

Lewis has done far more than cogger to prove he is better .