Moses Mbye

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses Mbye is closing in on a Queensland jersey. One solid game away from the utility spot on interchange bench. Has the edge over Milford as he can play hooker and provide cover for Ben Hunt

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol how good is it, shows ya how shit Queensland are going lol

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not that bad, you lot are just upset our club overpaid him sweet cash in hand.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL!

It will be fun watching dudbuy coming up with his mandatory drop ball on the high ball.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not that bad, you lot are just upset our club overpaid him sweet cash in hand.
He’s not that good either, but I agree with you.
I don’t see the point of ragging on players who left the team. I’m more concerned with our current team than anyone else.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and he will to continue to be the first pick for the next 10 years... Qlds very own Kurt Gidley..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brent Read said this on Triple m tonight

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye is athletically very gifted but has done little consistently at NRL level..

He isnt involved in games anywhere near enough as he should be..

No Chance for Origin..

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maninga had him in his picked QLD team and always rated him so its not surprising. I hope he gets picked for NSWs sake.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
QLD will have a good chance of winning even with Mbye off the bench if NSW pick Cleary & Maloney

Hopefully Mbye becomes the QLD version of Kurt Gidley, captain off the bench and they lose series after series.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers skipper Moses Mbye in Maroons Origin frame, then injury hits
MAY 24, 2019A FREAK training injury threatens to derail Wests Tigers captain Moses Mbyes hopes of a shock Queensland debut for Origin I on Wednesday week.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Mbye has edged ahead of Broncos star Anthony Milford and Cowboys rake Jake Granville as the trio prepare for a Super Saturday shootout for the Queensland No.14 jumper today.

But Mbye is sweating on the green light from doctors after the Maroons hopeful suffered a minor groin strain at his side’s final training run ahead of the Tigers’ clash with South Sydney at ANZ Stadium.

Moses Mbye was looming as a shock Queensland bench utility selection. Picture: Darren England
MORE NRL NEWS

Mbye was the surprise frontrunner to be crowned Queensland’s super-sub bolter for Game One, but his Origin prospects now hang in the balance.

Queensland coach Kevin Walters met with Maroons selectors on Thursday. It is understood Maroons hierarchy discussed the claims of Mbye, Milford and Granville for the critical interchange utility spot for Origin I at Suncorp Stadium.

Today’s three NRL games will determine whether Mbye can stave off Milford and Granville to make a dream Queensland Origin debut.

Anthony Milford would miss out if Mbye was selected. Picture: Darren England
Granville will audition first against Canberra at GIO Stadium, followed by Milford against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium. Mbye will be the final act if passed fit today by Tigers coach Michael Maguire.

Mbye has barely been mentioned in Origin discussions, but Queensland hierarchy’s most significant selection meeting yet has thrown up the 25-year-old as a serious No.14 contender.

While Walters is a huge fan of Milford, the Broncos pivot lacks the ability to play in the forwards or three-quarters.

LISTEN! The Panthers have gone from bad to worse, Mitchell Pearce has the Knights firing and Matty also pays tribute to Bob Hawke and Quentin Pongia. As always he is joined by Kenty and Finchy for rugby league’s best podcast.

Queensland powerbrokers have decided they want their No.14 to possess either extreme versatility or hooking experience.

Mbye is the ideal Mr Fixit.

The Noosa Pirates junior can play five positions, including fullback, five-eighth and halfback. He debuted at centre for Canterbury in 2014 and later that year, he started at hooker at age 21 in the NRL grand final against South Sydney.

Barring injury, Ben Hunt will be Queensland’s starting hooker, with Granville or Mbye to provide interchange insurance.

A two-time Queensland Emerging Origin squad member who has played 112 NRL games, Mbye recently told The Courier-Mail of his ambition to break into the Maroons this season.

“There’s no doubt I would love to play Origin,” Mbye said.

“Every kid who was born on the Queensland side of the border dreams of that Maroon jersey.

“But you get those rewards from playing consistent footy and quality footy in clubland.

“To be honest, I haven’t always done that.

“The more success you have at club level, the more opportunities you get personally in the rep arena.”

Former Queensland Origin lock Scott Sattler believes Mbye is ready for an Origin baptism.

“He’s a gun,” Sattler said. “He has a great skill set, great versatility and has the attitude to thrive in that arena.”

When Mbye was chosen as Tigers captain in February, teammate and former Kiwi Test skipper Benji Marshall lauded his leadership.

“I don’t think he understands that when he talks, everyone listens,” he said.

“Moses drives standards really hard ... I think that is a big reason why he is captain.”

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
dudbye over Granville and Milford?!?!?!?!?

buhahhahahahhahahhahhahah

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye is a well spoken man, should be up there for team selection.

the bloke has the talent to sell land on the moon to people and completely get away with it.