Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sounds like it you and others have something against Lewis when he has won us games in a very small number of games.

in first 7 games lewis had 2 MOM performances for us, how many Cogger has ?

Lewis has played just 17 games, Cogger has a total of 27 games.

Lewis defence is million times better than Cogger but not according to some over here.

Lewis can be usefull in attack too as proven by his performances last year.

What is so special about Cogger that he has done for dogs that you love him so much?
I don't love him, I don't even know him personally. The balance of the team looks better, game flows better when you're halfback doesn't make a lot of errors.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will get over it when we start winning, be it cogger or lewis. I dont give a toss.

at the moment i see us losing more games with cogger.

I am not Indian i am always right
Well, I'm not always right. Part of being human I guess

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
na that was Copleys fault to score that try and making Cogger look like a speed bump.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You know what fellow Kennelers....we can bloody well win this & I'm tipping we will with a bit of confidence..GO THE MIGHTY DOGGIES.
I hope you're right JB!
I bumped into a mate this morning who I haven't see for a good 12+ years and the first thing we discussed were the Dogs!
He's taking his young family to the Melbourne match so I hope we can put on a decent display and hopefully give the Storm more than just a little scare!!!
As you say, "GO THE MIGHTY DOGGIES"!!!!

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They tell me cogger is out. Lewis is in
While Cogger deserves to stay in first grade after last week, I think that we’ll need Lewis’s defence this week. It’s what kept us in the game last time against Melbourne.

It could also be his last chance to show something in attack. If he doesn’t show improvement, he’ll be spending time in reserves.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They tell me cogger is out. Lewis is in
If it's anything but an injury to cogger, Pay is a moron.

I'm already expecting elliot to come straight back into the starting side, once he's ready, but this swapping lewis for cogger is just plain stupid (if not injury problem)

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I might be wrong and please feel free to correct me as I am not sure but is JJ defending next to Cogger. I remember thinking after a couple of missed tackles that lead to tries against us that there was some issues in with communication between them. I'm not suggesting its all Coggers fault but the defence on his side is weak at times.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I might be wrong and please feel free to correct me as I am not sure but is JJ defending next to Cogger. I remember thinking after a couple of missed tackles that lead to tries against us that there was some issues in with communication between them. I'm not suggesting its all Coggers fault but the defence on his side is weak at times.
Cogger doesn't trust Jacko enough considering Jacko is having a shocker of a year tackling laterally by his standard hence why Coggar feels he needs to jam in. They looked ok in the second half last week but then again the tits didn't throw much at them. If Coggar doesn't trust Jacko he needs to jam in earlier and ensure the ball doesn't get to his outside.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger doesn't trust Jacko enough considering Jacko is having a shocker of a year tackling laterally by his standard hence why Coggar feels he needs to jam in. They looked ok in the second half last week but then again the tits didn't throw much at them. If Coggar doesn't trust Jacko he needs to jam in earlier and ensure the ball doesn't get to his outside.
I reckon it's more to do with cogger being small and not being able to stop someone with full steam. He tries to jam up before momentum is gained by his opposing player

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon it's more to do with cogger being small and not being able to stop someone with full steam. He tries to jam up before momentum is gained by his opposing player
MIght be the case but most of the times he comes in is when the attacking player is on Jackos outside. Coggar isn't the best defender but he doesn't mind a bit of contact.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis' defence might be better for us against Melbourne. Will always root for him, but he's been pretty shit.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
MIght be the case but most of the times he comes in is when the attacking player is on Jackos outside. Coggar isn't the best defender but he doesn't mind a bit of contact.
Yeh he does try to go in hard in the tackle. Just that I've seen him unable to stop the opposition several times

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The defensive system we employ is flawed

Hence the amount of tries scored out wide and the coincidences that all our edge backrowers are top 50 most missed tackles

Collective defence out wide just not jelling and it’s not down to one individual but a a chain reaction when one player is out of sequence in the d pattern

Pay needs to either abandon it or rehash the fucker as it’s been flawed since he employed it

Status
Not open for further replies.