SportingNews/Lurker Joe Stimson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can already see the match day thread...

Stimson does something good = he's a fucking great signing.

Stimson does something bad = he's fucking shit.

Also...

Stimson misses tackle
@Indiandog Lewis would've made it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was on the bench for them the other week. Played 0 minutes.
That was very strange. I think he was a late call up in jersey 19 and was just there for insurance as he played QLD Cup a few days later.

He’s not a scrub though. Don’t forget he was chosen to start the grand final ahead of K Bromwich

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
DOGS LAND STIMSON
Canterbury’s rebuild has begun with the signing of promising Melbourne Storm forward Joe Stimson.

Stimson is regarded as a future State of Origin star and was highly valued at the Storm, where they believed he would almost certainly remain, but the Bulldogs have got under their guard.

Stimson underwent his physical this week and the Bulldogs, who have landed a ripper, are expected to announce the deal soon.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/9fb92e95634c6e90c4e298631f43a4b0

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck our club knows how to waste money if this is true. We don't need fucking second rowers..

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone must be on their way out i guess, good country boy from temora.
Good defender and hole runner.
Need more centres dean.(good ones)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck our club knows how to waste money if this is true. We don't need fucking second rowers..
Our current side just ain’t good enough. I just don’t see how a guy who was good enough to start for the Storm in a grand final is a waste of money?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Stimson will end up being a good player for us but if guys like him and Napa cost us a chance at all of the boom playmaking or backline options that become available then that would be not the best use of our limited cap space.

Hopefully we still have room and there are more signings in those positions to come because we have much more glaring issues than in the forwards right now.

Just from Melbourne alone, we should be trying to poach Smith or Grant as a hooker and Drinkwater or Papenhuyzen if one of them can't get a run. Any of those four would have a greater impact.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guess we need to trust the board on this one. Seems a decent player. They know who they're getting rid of at the end of the year, so if we're losing a player then he does seem like a decent pick up.

Doubt it'd have any impact on buying a new player though as logically he's only signing because someone will be out the door? Who knows though with our club sometimes but ... at the present time seems like a good pick up.

Look forward to seeing what they've got in mind for the backline though!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guess we need to trust the board on this one. Seems a decent player. They know who they're getting rid of at the end of the year, so if we're losing a player then he does seem like a decent pick up.

Doubt it'd have any impact on buying a new player though as logically he's only signing because someone will be out the door? Who knows though with our club sometimes but ... at the present time seems like a good pick up.

Look forward to seeing what they've got in mind for the backline though!
Martin is definitely gone, looks like RFM is too. I wish Elliott was moved on instead of those guys since Stimson is a similar style of player to him.

But I agree, the next few signings are pivotal and have to be in the backs and hooker or any other playmaker. A hooker has to be their highest priority surely.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Martin is definitely gone, looks like RFM is too. I wish Elliott was moved on instead of those guys since Stimson is a similar style of player to him.

But I agree, the next few signings are pivotal and have to be in the backs and hooker or any other playmaker. A hooker has to be their highest priority surely.
Well, think it's been clear we've been targeting a hooker seeing the boys we've tried to sign. We just haven't been able to get them over the line.

I'm more concerned that there's been little talk of the backline!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have a lot of second rowers. sadly we dont have a lot of good ones.
Martin and RFM are on the way out, and Stonewall Jackson is playing like a reserve grader.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have a lot of second rowers. sadly we dont have a lot of good ones.
Martin and RFM are on the way out, and Stonewall Jackson is playing like a reserve grader.
I agree. Our current forward pack is not great and needs to be boost, if it’s through recruitment, then so be it. It’s also true that we lack a good dummy half and a few outside backs. On top of that we need some ‘x’ factor from somewhere. In my view, we keep recruiting and starting with the forwards is fine with me.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DOGS LAND STIMSON
Canterbury’s rebuild has begun with the signing of promising Melbourne Storm forward Joe Stimson.

Stimson is regarded as a future State of Origin star and was highly valued at the Storm, where they believed he would almost certainly remain, but the Bulldogs have got under their guard.

Stimson underwent his physical this week and the Bulldogs, who have landed a ripper, are expected to announce the deal soon.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/9fb92e95634c6e90c4e298631f43a4b0
if this is all correct I highly doubt he would be leaving the storm

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me it looks like our club is still grabbing at straws when it comes to recruitment and retention, I do not believe that the only reason our club has difficulty in that area is because we at at the bottom of the comp, other facts are at play.
I am certain that if Martin and RFM want to leave it is because they don't want to be here and are playing as such.