News Manly player Dylan Walker found NOT GUILTY over alleged domestic violence incident (P8)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong mate - my post wasn't taking a shot at you, just speaking my mind. And I fully agree with you. It's not right.
Yeah I know you weren't. It's all good..

The prime example is in the NFL with Tyreek Hill. Before he got drafted the choked and beat up his pregnant girlfriend. She dropped the charges and he didn't get suspended or in trouble with the police.

She stayed with him the whole time and three years later, he broke his 3 year old sons arm and now it's he said, she said. She stayed in this toxic relationship because of the potential money he'd make, he is still a monster and now he's a chance of losing custody of his son and being suspended by the NFL, maybe for good... And they're still together! So I totally understand what you mean. It happens all of the time and is sickening to be honest, especially when a defenseless child is caught in the middle.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The idiot pulled her hair because she beat him at a video or something... the bloke is a turd, and she is stupid for whatever she saw in him...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The idiot pulled her hair because she beat him at a video or something... the bloke is a turd, and she is stupid for whatever she saw in him...
From what was reported, he was playing PS4 around dinner time. She asked him if he wanted a fork with his meal, and he didn't respond. Something happened around that time causing her to walk out. He walked after her, grabbed her hair and reefed her back.

So this article shows the police video of her being questioned... as well as photos of her injuries.

Pretty clear cut from her statement and the injuries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Dylan-Walkers-fianc-es-police-interview.html

How did this shitbag get cleared based on that!

Oh well sounds like Manly are not renewing his contract and looking at $800k offers with Gutho anyway.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
From what was reported, he was playing PS4 around dinner time. She asked him if he wanted a fork with his meal, and he didn't respond. Something happened around that time causing her to walk out. He walked after her, grabbed her hair and reefed her back.

So this article shows the police video of her being questioned... as well as photos of her injuries.

Pretty clear cut from her statement and the injuries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Dylan-Walkers-fianc-es-police-interview.html

How did this shitbag get cleared based on that!

Oh well sounds like Manly are not renewing his contract and looking at $800k offers with Gutho anyway.
On Gutho, I know that Parramatta gave him an ultimatum. Let's just say if Manly are offering him $800,000+ then it's Des working the same shit magic he did with us and pay overs for average players. It's only a matter of time before Manly remember why they sacked him to begin with!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On Gutho, I know that Parramatta gave him an ultimatum. Let's just say if Manly are offering him $800,000+ then it's Des working the same shit magic he did with us and pay overs for average players. It's only a matter of time before Manly remember why they sacked him to begin with!
I know.... and how good will that be :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Check out these comments from Greenberg:

"We thank the Manly club for its support of the new rule and wish Dylan the best for the rest of the season."

"It is clear the no fault stand down rule enables us to protect the reputation of the game while charges are heard – so it is doing its job."

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He thanks Manly and wishes Dylan the best. What a beautiful and heartfelt statement. Here's how I read his comments:

"Poor Dylan, we're sorry for what we did. You're free to play and we can't wait to see you in women in league round... Sorry we inconvenienced you and Manly but we stand by our policy because no harm was done to the image of the game. It worked a treat! Nothing to see here...

Anyway, here's my number, call me directly if you ever hit your wife again and I'll get you straight back on the field, I promise... Love, Todd.."

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What part isn't right @habs?
It sounded like you were suggesting that there was a parallel administative fact finding excercise that has been conducted by the NRL IU prior to the court proceedings. That cannot be the case.

More questions should have been asked of the model litigant who pressed for this matter to go before the courts in circumstances where the star witness recanted her statement a long time ago.

He was not guilty of the offence so we can just move on not speculate on whether he did or didn’t do it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How does it work, with her statement in the linked video above and evidence of injuries? Our system NEEDS to change to the same as the US system. The minute evidence is presented to a police officer and they are convinced domestic assault has occurred, the charges are out of the partners hands.

Might just be a push/shove/drag down this time. Next time might be a fist or a glass or both.

The domestic violence laws get laughed at when things like this happen. Makes a mockery out of them.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How does it work, with her statement in the linked video above and evidence of injuries? Our system NEEDS to change to the same as the US system. The minute evidence is presented to a police officer and they are convinced domestic assault has occurred, the charges are out of the partners hands.

Might just be a push/shove/drag down this time. Next time might be a fist or a glass or both.

The domestic violence laws get laughed at when things like this happen. Makes a mockery out of them.
But this is a case of exactly that. The complainant did not want to proceed or give evidence in favour of the prosecution case but it still went ahead.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All better now......never an issue just one of those things....had to seek counselling and other types of support... makes me sick to the stomach....complete with a video and lots of pictures showing the loving couple....

She now says there was never an issue...what a waste of space these two are and when you see the way the courts are backlogged with cases and the time wasted for the police and the prosecution...our money might I add, I just wish these type of ridiculous instances are actually put back on those who are involved. No accountability at all........

https://www.9news.com.au/national/d...ustralia/86c52421-95d5-44ca-bfd6-d1279abe9745

For the last six months, NRL star Dylan Walker has made headlines while facing charges in court over an alleged domestic violence incident with his fiancée Alex Ivkovic.
After being found not guilty of those charges this month, the Manly Sea-Eagles player opened up to Nine’s NRL reporter Danny Weidler about his struggles throughout the legal battle.

“There were some dark days with it and we just sort of had to lean on each other,” he said.

“(I’m) so lucky to have a loving partner and a baby… It’s tough, it does affect me as a person from what I do on the field.

“It’s hard. I just want to be the best person I can be, the best father, the best partner and the hatred’s there.”

An argument at the couple’s home in December last year led to the charges against Walker. A police statement from the alleged incident in relation to Ms Ivkovic said she had been found with “minor cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet”.

From that moment, Walker was viewed in a negative light and the public hatred towards him has been intense.

“It’s a hard thing, I’ve got a family – I’m the youngest of eight. It’s not just me that lives through it, it’s my nieces, my nephews, my brothers and sisters,” he told 9News.
“They’ve been supportive and so have my friends and the club as well.”

Ms Ivkovic also said the legal battle was hard on her as a partner.
“I had to reach out to friends and family and get a counsellor and other types of support because it’s hard on both people,” she said.

“There was never an issue and it was just one of those things,
of course you’re going to support your partner.

“He’s such a good person and I think that’s been hardest for me as a partner to watch people - not even just in this whole situation -
but over the years paint him as a bad person.

“That’s something that he’s always stayed so quiet about - all the good things that he does.”

Throughout the court proceedings, Ms Ivkovic's character has also been under intense public scrutiny after initially saying Walker pulled her hair, causing her to fall.

In court, she said “he reached out to grab my shoulder, not my hair”.
That comment damaged the police case against the NRL player and led to him being found not guilty.

“I think it’s just one of those things where you want to jump up and down and explain everything but you also cant please everyone,” Ms Ivkovic added.

“The people around us know us and they know everything and we’re happy with that and I’m content with that.

“I don’t feel the need to defend myself, you can’t always make everyone happy.”

As for the Walker's reception on the field, she said it’s nothing new.

“You can go to an away game at any point and get booed or get abuse hurled at you,” she said.
“He’s got thick skin. It’s more about our personal state and we’re safe, we’re happy, we support each other, we love each other, we’re just happy to move on.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but the body cam video from the police doesn't lie. Nor do the photos.

Alex does it seems though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a joke. Poor Dylan. He's such a good, misunderstood guy for beating his missus. We should really think how it affects him. I hope he's okay...

Fucking morons. I can't feel sorry for her if and when the next incident happens. Maybe she should think about her and her child's safety instead of her profile and financial security.

I never wish injury on any player but I'll make an exception in Walkers case.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a joke. Poor Dylan. He's such a good, misunderstood guy for beating his missus. We should really think how it affects him. I hope he's okay...

Fucking morons. I can't feel sorry for her if and when the next incident happens. Maybe she should think about her and her child's safety instead of her profile and financial security.

I never wish injury on any player but I'll make an exception in Walkers case.
Next time maybe he'll hit her that hard she'll come to her senses.

Police should charge her because in the bodycam footage she admits he pushed her, and that was at the time, not after she'd had time to concoct a story.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But this is a case of exactly that. The complainant did not want to proceed or give evidence in favour of the prosecution case but it still went ahead.
Just because the complainant did not want to proceed does not mean a crime wasn't committed.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You missed the point.
I believe your point was that the case went ahead even though the victim did not want to press charges.

My point is that there was a crime committed and whether she wanted to proceed it doesn't matter because a crime was committed.

If these cases did not proceed because victims did not want them to, then every violent criminal would be constantly harassing victims to drop charges. This is the reason police have the power to proceed with charges even if victims recant because they have been further intimidated by their attackers.

Walker only got off because he had a sympathetic (ie loony) Judge.