Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We keep showing up hopefully the Team does too.

As long as we dont start doing what the Panthers fans are doing.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i know is...... ill be fucking one pissed off man.... if we play excellent expansive footy against them, and do it well. And for the other 14 teams we go back to playing ordinary.
I will not be fucking happy and screaming for pays head once again !
We played like a grand final side last time we played them. Ok bit over top but we did play really well. And the same game plan has not been used since.
Anyway we will see what happens.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently ticket sales have been very good already 12000 sold!
That will obviously include the members who have season tickets that grant them access to all home games. I would have thought that we get behind the fellas and pack the joint out, even though we are not playing well.
Hopefully the place will be jumping and we can get some atmosphere there to encourage the boys..after all nothing better than beating the cheating Storm.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words. Just got back from Japan and Switzerland, with tours for later in the year, as you say. I'm doing an outback Qld tour next month; travelling on the Spirit of the Outback, Gulflander and Savannahlander trains. Ken on the Gulflander, and Will and Leigh on the Savannahlander are great guys and great fun to be with. A highlight is Simon Terry's Cobbold Gorge, on his family's cattle station, and the Age of Dinosaurs in Winton (another passion).
At 70 I can't do it forever, so I enjoy it while I can.
Wow, that is awesome. You know what Chris, you speak with a lot of wisdom that comes with getting older but you don't post like you are seventy. More power to you!
If only I had the time and the spare cash to travel long distance using trains because those tours sound brilliant; who knows maybe one day....

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You don't keep a half in a team just because they are good in defence.. that's not there primary purpose..
True, but he did have a few try assists as well. I like Lewis and he has set up a lot of attacking plays this year and has great defence but without a running game he will never succeed. That’s why Cogger is in front of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That will obviously include the members who have season tickets that grant them access to all home games. I would have thought that we get behind the fellas and pack the joint out, even though we are not playing well.
Hopefully the place will be jumping and we can get some atmosphere there to encourage the boys..after all nothing better than beating the cheating Storm.
They aren’t accepting the junior league passes either on Sunday and they only do that when the ground is close to being a sell out!

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Storm will win on the back of the officials. They will get the penalties when they need them, and we are sure to have a player sinbinned while they camp on our tryline.
That is pretty much Storm in the last 4 years in a nutshell lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree with Jackson up the middle. We need someone who is a ball player, can offload, but also has decent pace/footwork to get around slow/lazy/tiring defenders up the middle.
He was good at the back-end of last year. I said if he kept up that form he would be the best back rower in the game. Looks to have gone back a bit imo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think Dean should put Jacko on the "injured list" and let him get his sh!t together, because as our captain he deserves the respect of not getting dropped.... he needs to get his shoulder right and get the hunger back etc
The whole situation could have just gotten to him. Imagine telling him in 2014 that he would be in a spoon contending team and barely rate a mention in rep teams and he would be shattered. This should be the prime of his career right now!

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant blame Jacko after many years being the glue in the middle of defence he was bound to begin dropping off.
He has had a weight on his shoulders for a long time now, noticed when CHN scored a double during the cowboys game his face of relief when he went to congratulate him is priceless.
Its been awhile since Jacko had a decent 2nd rower to partner him - Frank the Tank was the last real one.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The whole situation could have just gotten to him. Imagine telling him in 2014 that he would be in a spoon contending team and barely rate a mention in rep teams and he would be shattered. This should be the prime of his career right now!
At this point I would be upset if he left... However i would graciously let him walk after all he has put on the line for us, he does deserve better in the twilight of his career. People like Klemmer on the other hand who walk at the first sign of a hard time and has thousands of articles published to 'explain' why he's actually a 'good' guy lol

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At this point I would be upset if he left... I would graciously let him walk after all he has put on the line for us, he does deserve better in the twilight of his career. People like Klemmer on the other hand who walk at the first sign of a hard time and has thousands of articles published to 'explain' why he's actually a 'good' guy lol
I think a fresh start would be the best thing for Jackson to be honest.....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a fresh start would be the best thing for Jackson to be honest.....
I think relieving him of the responsibility of being on our field captain would go a long way in improving his playing form. Some people thrive with the extra load, and others suffer from it, right now he looks like the latter to me.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dont me wrong i love jacko .. but something aint right with him atm
He must be carrying a niggle

He’s missed more tackles in 10 games than he has in the last two seasons

He looks unfit too. Last week he was out on his feet and missed one that lead to a break and Pay left him out there and took CHN off instead

Wish Pay could make adjustments as they unfold rather than premeditated

Even the commentators talk up JJ and in scratching my head thinking ‘this is the worst I’ve seen him play’

Status
Not open for further replies.