Is cogger the halfback we have needed?

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Id you have some good points, and yes there are others that are pretty overboard, agreed to many cogger posts, and yes I wish we also kept Ennis never rated lichaa at all, I'll save judgement on cogger till years end, but he is in front of lewis in terms of form, I rate lewis but think he is a 6 which foran is so someone misses out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No! The correct and less bias statement would be “we will not win the spoon if Foran stays injury free this year”

Sorry mate, but I just can’t stand Bias and agendas.

Wolfmother is in love with Ennis
Nasheed is in love with Holland
Indian Dog is in love with Lewis

Far out, the last time I think I was in love with a celebrity was Benny Hill when I was 8 years old
I was in love with the tits on the Benny Hill show.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s wrong with the other Cogger thread

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s certainly improving,needs to work on defence

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So far yes, if he continues to develop then maybe we have found our long time half...and to all those who are going to say let's no jizz over him yet...remember I said "MAYBE" our long term half.

Although he is comming along nicely. The one indicator that tells me that a halfback may turn out to be really good is his quickness between the ears and composure on the field.
A half back that doesn't get flustered, doesn't get rushed and has the game on a string, cool, calm and controlled. Unlike Frawley where clearly the game was too quick for him and he couldn't think ahead on the field.
So far Cogger has shown these good qualities for such a young kid. I really like his cross field bombs to our wingers and he manages to place the ball just before the tryline most times. I like how busy he is on the field, moving from one side to the other.
He can definately pass the ball and lately has introduced a running game. Two line breaks I saw him do on Saturday...one of them in the first half when he went straight through but only Fualolo was backing up, if that was Meaney backing up then that was a try under the sticks. And the second was his try in the second half. The balance is great in the halves ATM, Foran plays well when he doesn't have to do game management and leaves it to Cogger...and Cogger plays well when he's got a running 5/8th outside of him so to speak. Cogger is a type of halfback that gives me confidence, as in he doesn't give you that heart in mouth feeling when he's got the ball in his hands.
Cogger compliments Foran way better than what Lewis does ..

As for long term jury still out ... 1 hot day doesn’t make a summer

My problem is the the make up of the team .. luckily enough we had Foran with a classy display to help us win last game but our spine is a big concern , no game breakers or someone that can influence a game like Foran long term

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What trolling and baiting ?

Just because you don’t like my facts it is baiting and trolling in your eyes ?

I have only responded to posts that have been directed at me, I have not gone around calling people out.
Your ‘facts’ are shitting me. I don’t like reading about people’s opinion on Cogger on here because here you are again. Give yourself an uppercut and stay out of any Cogger thread till he’s back playing reserves. Then go to town on yourself because I’ll be tuning out then.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember when Hasler called up Frawley in like Round 5 vs Brisbane 2 years ago, and he had a great game (we won), and everyone ejactulaed into their pants?

How did that turn out?

We'll see about cogger. Definitely try and get lewis in the team somehow still (he has attack potential), even at hooker/centre.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember when Hasler called up Frawley in like Round 5 vs Brisbane 2 years ago, and he had a great game (we won), and everyone ejactulaed into their pants?

How did that turn out?

We'll see about cogger. Definitely try and get lewis in the team somehow still (he has attack potential), even at hooker/centre.
same thing happended with lewis TBH..

Theres been a drought for a decent half at belmore for a very long time, so dont blame people for getting excited, its been tough times

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

How did that turn out?

One day after all the ejaculations a half back will be born

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No......... there are better younger halves than cogger running around if the club pulls there finger out.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your ‘facts’ are shitting me. I don’t like reading about people’s opinion on Cogger on here because here you are again. Give yourself an uppercut and stay out of any Cogger thread till he’s back playing reserves. Then go to town on yourself because I’ll be tuning out then.
Why don’t you give yourself an uppercut and dont read my posts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No......... there are better younger halves than cogger running around if the club pulls there finger out.
There are a few good ones at the club coming through the grade. Wakeham if he can get himself right injury wise has been touted as special. Rajab and O'Neill are impressing. Seve I'm nowhere near as convinced.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is looking promising. A lot can happen though.

Best case scenario is that he improves dramatically and becomes the #7 that we've been wanting for years. To me it seems like he's got a good kicking game and the smarts and vision required to be a good halfback. But he's still close to being classed as a rookie.

Even if he keeps improving, the footy gods can be cruel sometimes. Foran is proof of that as is Hodkinson. It only takes a few serious injuries to turn a promising player's careers to shit.

Fingers crossed for Cogger. I'm enjoying the way he plays so far. Hopefully he'll continue to develop and become a player who features heavily on our fortunes positively for many years. But it's too early to say that he's our long term 7. Signs from him are good though.