Indigenous jersey

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s just like the “women in league” round where the NRL just want to look like they are doing the right thing in the eyes of the do-gooders. Chucking some artwork on a jersey for indigenous round or making a pink jersey for women’s round doesn’t do a thing.
They've largely been complacent about domestic violence. So I agree fully about the women in league round being a PC move.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They've largely been complacent about domestic violence. So I agree fully about the women in league round being a PC move.
Having Blake Ferguson running around in a jersey promoting women is the ultimate piss take.

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Jersey is meh, if everyone was serious bout indigenous round, the sponsors should be on board to remove the promo crap off them, actually have the space to create something really meaningful

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That dead set sounds like someone at the office made it up to try and explain it. I'll have a go...

Footprints - The footprints on the front and back of the jersey signify the need for footwear, when thongs just won't do.
Hands - The 5 fingers on each hand signify 5 finger discounts. 5 finger discounts are slang for stealing, which in this case signify the stolen generation.
Tribal dots - This signifies the family tree of most "aboriginals" who complain about "white fellas".
Little man on front - The little man on the front is paying homage to Charlie Drake and his song "My Boomerang won't come back".
Grey text on white background - "Classic" fuckup (pun intended).
Black mark near Telstra logo - Another "Classic" fuckup (pun intended).
Ladbrokes logo with footprints and Goanna nearby - Signifies Greg Inglis hitting up the local for a few drinks and having a punt. The wavy footprints indicate the path Gregs vehicle took on the way home.