Is cogger the halfback we have needed?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seriously how old are you bro? Are you as old as that kid in your avatar?
Why are you so hung up on proving your point?
Who cares, everyone has their say on here and moves on.
Some poeple like the colour black, some people like the colour blue.
Some guys like to wear boxer shorts, some like wearing jocks, some chicks like wearing a thong while others like wearing grandma undies.
Some people like drinking beer, others like scotch, some like both.
In my day some liked Baa more than Turvey and visa versa.
Hence, some like Cogger over Lewis!

The only thing that you should be worried about now is to work out how to build that bloody bridge!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously how old are you bro? Are you as old as that kid in your avatar?
Why are you so hung up on proving your point?
Who cares, everyone has their say on here and moves on.
Some poeple like the colour black, some people like the colour blue.
Some guys like to wear boxer shorts, some like wearing jocks, some chicks like wearing a thong while others like wearing grandma undies.
Some people like drinking beer, others like scotch, some like both.
In my day some liked Baa more than Turvey and visa versa.
Hence, some like Cogger over Lewis!

The only thing that you should be worried about now is to work out how to build that bloody bridge!
A bit hypocritical isn’t it ?

I have an opinion and it is upsetting so many people that everyone is having a go at me responding to my facts with “potential” and “ hypotheticals.” And some are resorting to abuses.

But you know what it was worst back in the days when I was defending Ennis against licchit over here.

Just lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure I read a thread like this on Lewis at some stage last year.

I'm not holding my breath on both, just have to see how it plays out.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

I have an opinion and it is upsetting so many people that everyone is having a go at me responding to my facts with “potential” and “ hypotheticals.” And some are resorting to abuses.

But you know what it was worst back in the days when I was defending Ennis against licchit over here.

Just lol.
They are having a go cause you spam threads if someone dares to disagree with you.

This reminds me of when it was Sherwin and Hughes for that halves spot when they were both coming through in 2000-01. So many wanted Corey Hughes. So glad we went with Sherwin in that role. But Sherwin had plenty of terrible early games in his career.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are having a go cause you spam threads if someone dares to disagree with you.

This reminds me of when it was Sherwin and Hughes for that halves spot when they were both coming through in 2000-01. So many wanted Corey Hughes. So glad we went with Sherwin in that role. But Sherwin had plenty of terrible early games in his career.
most importantly most of his posts are not actually contributing to the discussion .. because all he actually does is reflect about how great he is (in his own mind) because of something he said years ago ..

Just as people can be warned and banned for abuse .. the same can happen in relation to trolling and baiting..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I can't see Cogger being our 10yr HB...but I'd love it if he developed to be that good we kept him for life, if only so I could rub it in Knights fans' faces that they'd let him go and didn't think he was anything.

Number of times we've let a future champion go, or not grabbed them in the first place, would be nice to be on the other end of it for a change.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The future may be Lachlan Lewis, Jack Cogger and Nick Meaney

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's easily our best option atm. The biggest thing going for him is that he actually has some sort of idea as to how to play halfback, he will play on the ball and won't pigeon hole himself into one position on the field, this then allows Foran to play how he wants and get the best out of him. He also looks to be on the up though I'm not confident in his as a long-term option just yet.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
due to the unfortunate circumstances the previous board placed our club in .. the only option was to buy some cheapish undeveloped players with potential..

There was always going to be the possibility that they would be rocks or diamonds..

both meaney and cogger look to be going quite well.. whether they can take it to the next level is another thing..

at the very worse, they will be solid stop gap players until we can get the cheque book out in 2021..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Just lol.
What? Hypocritical? Abuses? Opinion?

FYI an opinion doesn't go on for days on end without cease, then it becomes a chip on the shoulder not an opinion.

Oh Gosh! Roll my eyes a thousand times...please don't use straw man arguments, there are posters on here who don't get fooled with straw man arguments.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
most importantly most of his posts are not actually contributing to the discussion .. because all he actually does is reflect about how great he is (in his own mind) because of something he said years ago ..

Just as people can be warned and banned for abuse .. the same can happen in relation to trolling and baiting..
What trolling and baiting ?

Just because you don’t like my facts it is baiting and trolling in your eyes ?

I have only responded to posts that have been directed at me, I have not gone around calling people out.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What? Hypocritical? Abuses? Opinion?

FYI an opinion doesn't go on for days on end without cease, then it becomes a chip on the shoulder not an opinion.

Oh Gosh! Roll my eyes a thousand times...please don't use straw man arguments, there are posters on here who don't get fooled with straw man arguments.
Few have been reported and deleted by mods already.

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes people have different views, but when the same view is posted on multiple posts it gets a bit much, I like to come on tk to see what's going on and debate different ideas, sick of seeing childish attacks and bullying there's enough of that in the world don't need to add to it, anyway think cogger is going ok, defence needs work but coming along, hopefully takes the line on some more

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about this pile on of IndianDog. I can think of plenty of people who are much bigger thread killers, both in Dogs discussion and in the lounge...

(Take that as a compliment ID)

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes people have different views, but when the same view is posted on multiple posts it gets a bit much, I like to come on tk to see what's going on and debate different ideas, sick of seeing childish attacks and bullying there's enough of that in the world don't need to add to it, anyway think cogger is going ok, defence needs work but coming along, hopefully takes the line on some more
Look how many threads on cogger on the first page?

Question is asked is cogger the half back we need, my answer is NO

It upsets few people and get their knickers in a twist , they respond to my post and I counter reply.

If you don’t like my post ,don’t engage in the conversation with me. Simple

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger has untapped potential. I think he needs to play nearer to the action instead of being out wide.
I guess the coach has told him to do that. Maybe hes trying to block a serious defence problem on that side.