Is cogger the halfback we have needed?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So far yes, if he continues to develop then maybe we have found our long time half...and to all those who are going to say let's no jizz over him yet...remember I said "MAYBE" our long term half.

Although he is comming along nicely. The one indicator that tells me that a halfback may turn out to be really good is his quickness between the ears and composure on the field.
A half back that doesn't get flustered, doesn't get rushed and has the game on a string, cool, calm and controlled. Unlike Frawley where clearly the game was too quick for him and he couldn't think ahead on the field.
So far Cogger has shown these good qualities for such a young kid. I really like his cross field bombs to our wingers and he manages to place the ball just before the tryline most times. I like how busy he is on the field, moving from one side to the other.
He can definately pass the ball and lately has introduced a running game. Two line breaks I saw him do on Saturday...one of them in the first half when he went straight through but only Fualolo was backing up, if that was Meaney backing up then that was a try under the sticks. And the second was his try in the second half. The balance is great in the halves ATM, Foran plays well when he doesn't have to do game management and leaves it to Cogger...and Cogger plays well when he's got a running 5/8th outside of him so to speak. Cogger is a type of halfback that gives me confidence, as in he doesn't give you that heart in mouth feeling when he's got the ball in his hands.
If you watch the replay, you will see that Meaney was right behind Fualalo when Fualalo got the ball. Meaney was just that 2 secs too late as most of us here didn't expect Cogger too go straight thru and Fualalo was already in the line as he was expecting a hit up but Cogger dummied and went straight thru...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far yes, if he continues to develop then maybe we have found our long time half...and to all those who are going to say let's no jizz over him yet...remember I said "MAYBE" our long term half.

Although he is comming along nicely. The one indicator that tells me that a halfback may turn out to be really good is his quickness between the ears and composure on the field.
A half back that doesn't get flustered, doesn't get rushed and has the game on a string, cool, calm and controlled. Unlike Frawley where clearly the game was too quick for him and he couldn't think ahead on the field.
So far Cogger has shown these good qualities for such a young kid. I really like his cross field bombs to our wingers and he manages to place the ball just before the tryline most times. I like how busy he is on the field, moving from one side to the other.
He can definately pass the ball and lately has introduced a running game. Two line breaks I saw him do on Saturday...one of them in the first half when he went straight through but only Fualolo was backing up, if that was Meaney backing up then that was a try under the sticks. And the second was his try in the second half. The balance is great in the halves ATM, Foran plays well when he doesn't have to do game management and leaves it to Cogger...and Cogger plays well when he's got a running 5/8th outside of him so to speak. Cogger is a type of halfback that gives me confidence, as in he doesn't give you that heart in mouth feeling when he's got the ball in his hands.
It nice to see that we may have discovered a long term half back, all he needs now is to stay injury free and develop confidence, which he wont get if he makes a mistake and reads the kennel or cops it from some of our ignorant fans at the game.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we will win spoon this year with Cogger in the half.

not with Lewis.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he can be, good attitude. Get him a real halves coach in Kimmorley or Johns boys and we will reap the rewards

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to run the ball more often, his try was all because he ran the ball through the gap and was through in the first half that when he ran the ball for the try the defence stayed back knowing he could also do some damage.
hes only 21 and is at that right age to learn a few more things to add to his game.
Lets be honest if he does a chip n chase and regathers and scores or sets up a try we will all say hes a doggie through and through lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is having a go. But we have all seen players who develop in one year, only to go backwards in there second year as other teams have more tape and are able to isolate a players weakness. But signs are promising. He is a tough bugger like his dad.
Exactly. He hasn’t really been targeted so far. But I like his long kicking game. Which lets Foran do more of the attacking and let’s cogger do more controlling.

To be fair Frawley looked like Andrew Johns after his first game :p lol

But I am liking cogger and I like the cogger Foran dynamic. Doubt we get back into the game with Foran and Lewis.

Also he had something like 450 kicking meter the other day. And it’s not lollipop kicks. Actually gets some good distance and height on his kicks which is good.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really need foz to stay on the field and keep the pressure off cogger while he develops.
Too many promising halves have folded under the pressure of being “the man.”

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we will win spoon this year with Cogger in the half.

not with Lewis.
No! The correct and less bias statement would be “we will not win the spoon if Foran stays injury free this year”

Sorry mate, but I just can’t stand Bias and agendas.

Wolfmother is in love with Ennis
Nasheed is in love with Holland
Indian Dog is in love with Lewis

Far out, the last time I think I was in love with a celebrity was Benny Hill when I was 8 years old

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No! The correct and less bias statement would be “we will not win the spoon if Foran stays injury free this year”

Sorry mate, but I just can’t stand Bias and agendas.

Wolfmother is in love with Ennis
Nasheed is in love with Holland
Indian Dog is in love with Lewis

Far out, the last time I think I was in love with a celebrity was Benny Hill when I was 8 years old
bullshit i already said Lewis is not the half we will win premiership with.

But he is better than cogger who has played 27 games already and Lewis only 17 so dont make cogger like some rookie who is playing his first or second game.

7 games for dogs with one try assist tells you his contribution in attack and his defence is the best in the league as some clowns think over here.

lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The cogger lovers are so unsure of his ability to perform in the next game that are abusing me when i say that Cogger will play the same shit game as usual as he played in the first half of the last game and the games he has played before.

goes to show that who are defending Cogger are not confident themselves that he will live upto his reputation in their clueless minds.

hahahahha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

But he is better than cogger who has played 27 games already and Lewis only 17 so dont make cogger like some rookie who is playing his first or second game.

7 games for dogs with one try assist tells you his contribution in attack and his defence is the best in the league as some clowns think over here.

lol
Cogger is 21 with just over a seasons worth of games under his belt if that’s not a rookie I don’t know what is.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind the management see Wakeham as our future half.
I like to see Cogger succeed. they will probably form the future 1/2 & 5/8

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger is 21 with just over a seasons worth of games under his belt if that’s not a rookie I don’t know what is.

3 years - 27 games.

Lewis is a rookie with 17 games but i dont see the same "love" for him despite him winning man of the match performances for us last year. lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to run the ball more often, his try was all because he ran the ball through the gap and was through in the first half that when he ran the ball for the try the defence stayed back knowing he could also do some damage.
hes only 21 and is at that right age to learn a few more things to add to his game.
Lets be honest if he does a chip n chase and regathers and scores or sets up a try we will all say hes a doggie through and through lol.
That try was set up through the entire game. Watch it again and he drops someone off on the inside ALL game. The defense thought he was going to do it again and he took the gap. Well set up try.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 years - 27 games.

Lewis is a rookie with 17 games but i dont see the same "love" for him despite him winning man of the match performances for us last year. lol
Cogger debuted young its not uncommon to go in and out of first grade.

Lewis is out of form and Cogger has been improving every game that’s what it comes down to at the minute. Anyway this is done to death let’s see what happens at the end of the season and then make judgements.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

lol
In the halves, Lewis is junk! (rubbish, trash, rubble, filth, waste, scrap, rummage, offal, hogwash)

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The cogger lovers are so unsure of his ability to perform in the next game that are abusing me when i say that Cogger will play the same shit game as usual as he played in the first half of the last game and the games he has played before.

goes to show that who are defending Cogger are not confident themselves that he will live upto his reputation in their clueless minds.

hahahahha
Seriously how old are you bro? Are you as old as that kid in your avatar?
Why are you so hung up on proving your point?
Who cares, everyone has their say on here and moves on.
Some poeple like the colour black, some people like the colour blue.
Some guys like to wear boxer shorts, some like wearing jocks, some chicks like wearing a thong while others like wearing grandma undies.
Some people like drinking beer, others like scotch, some like both.
In my day some liked Baa more than Turvey and visa versa.
Hence, some like Cogger over Lewis!

The only thing that you should be worried about now is to work out how to build that bloody bridge!

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
in the halves lewis has won us games

Cogger has let in trys
Which games has Lewis won us single handedly?

Not only has Cogger let in trys, so has, Lewis, Foran, Jackson, CHN, Whoopi, Montoya, Hopoate, Smith, Martin - just to name a few

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which games has Lewis won us single handedly?

Not only has Cogger let in trys, so has, Lewis, Foran, Jackson, CHN, Whoopi, Montoya, Hopoate, Smith, Martin - just to name a few
Hey leave Whoopi Goldberg outta this