Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 2019 preview, draw, squad changes, every player.........

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not trying to suggest he is, but the proof will be in the pudding this year and years to come. You and I have no control over what the club pay's him, neither did the current board or Deano so why not get behind them all and support them rather than bring him and his impact on our future players down with such negative comments?

I personally don't think Foran is deadwood, I think he will be great for the future development of our spine, I'm guessing Deano does too because he seems in no hurry to get rid of him?
He probably can't. It will be too expensive to offload him.

He could trip over a leaf & injure himself.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not trying to suggest he is, but the proof will be in the pudding this year and years to come. You and I have no control over what the club pay's him, neither did the current board or Deano so why not get behind them all and support them rather than bring him and his impact on our future players down with such negative comments?

I personally don't think Foran is deadwood, I think he will be great for the future development of our spine, I'm guessing Deano does too because he seems in no hurry to get rid of him?
There's no club that will take him off our books, if the opportunity arised then the club would've jumped at it. Bloke is trash and offers fuck all value to the club.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
There's no club that will take him off our books, if the opportunity arised then the club would've jumped at it. Bloke is trash and offers fuck all value to the club.
I'm sure we will agree to disagree here.
I look forward to you eating a bit of humble pie when the season kicks off and our current young crop of halves kick on with their careers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm sure we will agree to disagree here.
I look forward to you eating a bit of humble pie when the season kicks off and our current young crop of halves kick on with their careers
Lol @ trying to credit Foran with our halves future development.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
C'mon bro come out from hiding under that rock and admit you were wrong! I know it hurts but you can do it!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
C'mon bro come out from hiding under that rock and admit you were wrong! I know it hurts but you can do it!
Wrong about what? We're not even halfway though the season and he has already missed part of it though injury. I never doubted his ability, just his body to get that ability out of him anywhere near enough. Not wrong about anything yet, come back to me when he gets through the rest of the season and next with minimal time off.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wrong about what? We're not even halfway though the season and he has already missed part of it though injury. I never doubted his ability, just his body to get that ability out of him anywhere near enough. Not wrong about anything yet, come back to me when he gets through the rest of the season and next with minimal time off.
Still living in negative nancy land in denial I see! You wrote him off, said he couldn't make an impact on or off the field, he is doing both as I predicted. Yes he's picked up a freak injury so too has our 19yo halfback project Wakeham playing Canterbury Cup as has Napa as has Elliot. 2 of the 3 games we have won he has carried us! One of them with his injury which most players would have had to come off for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still living in negative nancy land in denial I see! You wrote him off, said he couldn't make an impact on or off the field, he is doing both as I predicted. Yes he's picked up a freak injury so too has our 19yo halfback project Wakeham playing Canterbury Cup as has Napa as has Elliot. 2 of the 3 games we have won he has carried us! One of them with his injury which most players would have had to come off for.
Point is an injury prone player always finds ways to get injured. I will say he has been very good for us when on field and his recovery was extremely impressive, but I'm not getting anywhere near excited until he lasts for the remainder of this season.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Point is an injury prone player always finds ways to get injured. I will say he has been very good for us when on field and his recovery was extremely impressive, but I'm not getting anywhere near excited until he lasts for the remainder of this season.
So you admit you were wrong when you originally said.........."Bloke is trash and offers fuck all value to the club"..........make your mind up mate you are doing more back flips than DCE

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you admit you were wrong when you originally said.........."Bloke is trash and offers fuck all value to the club"..........make your mind up mate you are doing more back flips than DCE
He's on over a million a season and has barely played, that's fuck all value in my world. Want someone to mentor the halves then get an Kimmorley, etc to coach them, because Foran simply hasn't been on the field long enough to do so or claim anything of great value.

And there isn't any backflips, it's only logical to change my opinion when my beliefs are proven wrong, and as of this moment it is yet to happen though there is at least more positive signs that I expected. Problem is Foran is still limping around in back play and has admitted that he is currently restricting his kicking game because of his ankle.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's on over a million a season and has barely played, that's fuck all value in my world. Want someone to mentor the halves then get an Kimmorley, etc to coach them, because Foran simply hasn't been on the field long enough to do so or claim anything of great value.

And there isn't any backflips, it's only logical to change my opinion when my beliefs are proven wrong, and as of this moment it is yet to happen though there is at least more positive signs that I expected. Problem is Foran is still limping around in back play and has admitted that he is currently restricting his kicking game because of his ankle.
So he's carried us to two of our three wins this season and he is still "trash and offers fuck all value to the club"? Have you not heard all the players waxing lyrical about him in the past few weeks? He might be limping and toughing it out week to week, do you think playing injured and putting his body on the line is not having a positive impact on all his team mates watching him? To see the progress of the man playing and defending outside him in the last 2 weeks has been amazing I for one thought Montoya was done with but working with Foran he has come on in leaps and bounds.

What more has Kimmorley done in the game that Foran has not?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course he offers shit value when getting paid $1m to play 12 games in a season. It’s equivalent to $2m for 25 games. No point arguing your point mate until end of this season and next.

No doubt Foran is quality and a class above the rest of our team. But no one argued whether Foran was a top player or not, the concern was whether he’s going to keep getting injured or not.

Your hard on to hammer Nabs is so obvious. I don’t agree with a lot of Nabs stuff on here, but at least he gives some really good insight and knows some things about the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So he's carried us to two of our three wins this season and he is still "trash and offers fuck all value to the club"? Have you not heard all the players waxing lyrical about him in the past few weeks? He might be limping and toughing it out week to week, do you think playing injured and putting his body on the line is not having a positive impact on all his team mates watching him? To see the progress of the man playing and defending outside him in the last 2 weeks has been amazing I for one thought Montoya was done with but working with Foran he has come on in leaps and bounds.

What more has Kimmorley done in the game that Foran has not?
I give up. If you see over a million a season value in a couple of wins then shit yourself. And Lol @ your Montoya example, sure it obviously helps when you have a competent half on your inside but he was killing it in reserves in recent weeks, it's a bit disrespectful to pin all the improvement on someone else when Montoya obviously done a lot of work behind the scenes.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I give up. If you see over a million a season value in a couple of wins then shit yourself. And Lol @ your Montoya example, sure it obviously helps when you have a competent half on your inside but he was killing it in reserves in recent weeks, it's a bit disrespectful to pin all the improvement on someone else when Montoya obviously done a lot of work behind the scenes.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloke is trash and offers fuck all value to the club.
I know I am wasting my time , but I'll give it a go anyway.

Not many would argue with you that Foran hasn't so far given us value for money. But, equally most of us equally recognise that it isn't actually his fault, the demonstrable fact is he has put in exemplary efforts to play, in pre season, training, recovery and rehabilitation. Including a near world's best practise recovery from the recent ankle injury.

As a result the problem I (and many others) have is your continual references to it actually somehow being of his making, for example in the quote above where you refer to him as being "trash". "Unlucky" maybe, but "trash", not in any way that I have seen.

Go Dogs