Opinion Okunbor

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs to hang out with Wendell Sailor for a week or two.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Scored two tries
184m
2 line breaks
5 tackle bust
Caught every high ball

What more do you want from a rookie winger
Yep, I’ve been giving it to him last few weeks.

A couple more consistent performances like that and he’ll shut me up for good and throw me in the corner of the room to do penance.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He legit is picked so he can run fast if he gets a little bit of space and he is not even fast. Feels like has been given the drop out duty to make him feel like he is contributing and he is pretty average at that too.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest will become a superstar in a similar vain to a manU vatuvei.. like Jayden for almost two seasons manu couldn’t catch time and patients healed that and he became a beast to me Jayden has even more upside but just like many you will great games and then shocking ones
Vatuvei was playing 1st grade at 18, representing NZ at 19 and by 22 (same age as Okunbor now) was one of the best wingers in the game. Okunbor is big and has good straight line speed but Vatuvei at his best was everything that Okunbor is but without the glaring weaknesses and was way more powerful and aggressive

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is he fast? Honestly doesnt look like it on TV

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoping he plays like this every week he had a super game

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he's got good straight line speed over longer distances, doesn't look like he has great agility or acceleration
LOL he definately doesnt have a step on him.

Here is to hoping he comes good

Dogsup

Waterboy
Reaction score
The reason why okunbur played well, was because the grass was like running on carpet. It helped him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he backs it up with another good performance this weekend,he has got a lot of potential he just needs to get himself to the next level.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he fast? Honestly doesnt look like it on TV
I think he's real fast and thats why Pay is sticking with him, getting some games under his belt is starting to work.
I wanna see him start to fend and get around the defense.

Last edited:

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hopefully he comes along good, just needs to realise he's as big as Oates run hard and smash in, only his first season as a winger too,just pepper him with high balls and defencisive reads at training

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW Team of the Week | Rd 10
2. Jayden Okunbor
Club: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs; NSW Origin appearances: 0; 2019 TOTW selections: 2
The bullocking winger for the Bulldogs turned in a man of the match performance after scoring two tries to help spark his side’s comeback win over the Gold Coast Titans. Okunbor also ran for 182 metres, had two linebreaks and three tackle busts.

Go Dogs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why is he so retarded when the ball is past him? He literally does not look for the ball and runs towards where he thinks the ball is

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't he a backrower coming thru juniors?
There's no doubt he looks lost sometimes on the wing, and 1st grade is a pretty difficult place to learn your trade, but hopefully he'll get some consistency with more experience