Belmore redevelopment (Old news from 2018).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Born, Bred and always lived in the district, and I've been an advocate of BSG for some time.

The artists impressions look absolutely beautiful, and the walkway from the Station Car Park directly into the venue seem very convenient.

I only have one question... how much will this master plan cost? It cost all 3 levels of Government $8,400,000 to get it to it's current state, so how on Earth can they fund this project? Unless the leagues club wants to cop the bill for this (which I doubt) I just don't know how this can become a reality.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Born, Bred and always lived in the district, and I've been an advocate of BSG for some time.

The artists impressions look absolutely beautiful, and the walkway from the Station Car Park directly into the venue seem very convenient.

I only have one question... how much will this master plan cost? It cost all 3 levels of Government $8,400,000 to get it to it's current state, so how on Earth can they fund this project? Unless the leagues club wants to cop the bill for this (which I doubt) I just don't know how this can become a reality.
Set the pokies to payout 10% instead of 15%.... that should cover it

Wahesh

Reaction score
Set the pokies to payout 10% instead of 15%.... that should cover it
Can you imagine the financial hit the Leagues Club would take if they were to do that? Many people would stop going there.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the money theyve spent at Penrith Parra and Allianz etc.. any cash the gov spends on us is welcome..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is probably their pitch for state and federal money and without it there’s no chance it happens. They could be a good chance of getting it seeing they are pushing the community aspect heavily in the document.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is probably their pitch for state and federal money and without it there’s no chance it happens. They could be a good chance of getting it seeing they are pushing the community aspect heavily in the document.
No chance, Canterbury and Bankstown are both safe Labour electorates, and we have Liberal Governments in both State and Federal Parliaments. Parramatta Federally is now considered a swinging seat and as a result has been and will continue to get pork barrelled by both parties. State wise it is now held by the Liberals, so they have a local member in power to push their case even further. Until voters wake up to the fact that living in a safe seat is not good idea it will always be the same. Labour doesn't need to do anything to win those seats and the Liberals know that they can't win them even if they do everything. A swinging electorate is the best place to live, both sides will try and retain your vote or win you over every single election.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Once complete do we win premiership I wait too long for premiership I going crazy long time

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No chance, Canterbury and Bankstown are both safe Labour electorates, and we have Liberal Governments in both State and Federal Parliaments. Parramatta Federally is now considered a swinging seat and as a result has been and will continue to get pork barrelled by both parties. State wise it is now held by the Liberals, so they have a local member in power to push their case even further. Until voters wake up to the fact that living in a safe seat is not good idea it will always be the same. Labour doesn't need to do anything to win those seats and the Liberals know that they can't win them even if they do everything. A swinging electorate is the best place to live, both sides will try and win you over or convert you every single election.

Go Dogs
I didn't notice before but the document is from October 2018 if they didn't get any funding before a state and federal election then this project is dead in the water.

Wahesh

Reaction score
No chance, Canterbury and Bankstown are both safe Labour electorates, and we have Liberal Governments in both State and Federal Parliaments. Parramatta Federally is now considered a swinging seat and as a result has been and will continue to get pork barrelled by both parties. State wise it is now held by the Liberals, so they have a local member in power to push their case even further. Until voters wake up to the fact that living in a safe seat is not good idea it will always be the same. Labour doesn't need to do anything to win those seats and the Liberals know that they can't win them even if they do everything. A swinging electorate is the best place to live, both sides will try and win you over or convert you every single election.

Go Dogs
Well the thing is that Belmore received funding for upgrades under the State Liberal Government in 2012:

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/la/papers/Pages/qanda-tracking-details.aspx?pk=216674

And by the Federal Labor Government in 2013 (prior to the election):

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2013/05/31/belmore-sports-ground-receives-further-funding/

We really need the Federal Government to give us a hand here though if this is going to happen.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I didn't notice before but the document is from October 2018 if they didn't get any funding before a state and federal election then this project is dead in the water.
Shit. Imagine how much money they would've spent putting that pitch together.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the thing is that Belmore received funding for upgrades under the State Liberal Government in 2012:
https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/la/papers/Pages/qanda-tracking-details.aspx?pk=216674
That was a 2011 pre Election promise and it hardly moved the voting in the 2 electorates, despite the Liberal's landslide victory across the rest of the State. Hence considered wasted money, unlikely to be repeated, better spent elsewhere where it has some effect.

Again an attempt to move the dial away from a safe Labour seat, which had no impact whatsoever.

We really need the Federal Government to give us a hand here though if this is going to happen.
The above are what actually happened, following is my view based on the above. Most Bulldogs supporters don't live in the Canterbury Bankstown electorates, so pork barrelling the Bulldogs has no measurable effect on the voting patterns in those electorates. So the only appeal to either Government is "goodwill", because there is nothing else in it for them.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep .. exactly that. Dead in the water.

If people look closely, there are no plans to do anything with BSG either.

The sad reality is this.. Belmore Sports Ground will eventually cop a bulldozer, and the land will be rezoned for high rise apartment blocks nearby the station. Our club will move to ANZ with training and offices out near NSWRL facilities.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

The sad reality is this.. Belmore Sports Ground will eventually cop a bulldozer, and the land will be rezoned for high rise apartment blocks nearby the station. Our club will move to ANZ with training and offices out near NSWRL facilities.

It won't because it as the proposal shows. There is no large green space within cooee of this. So it will remain.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Belmore is safe for the short to medium term as its had plenty of money pumped into in the last 15 years and there is a long term tenant in the Bulldogs there. In the long term I think it’s safe too because there’s no other sporting fields or green space in that area at all.

On those drawings there actually is some work on the stadium itself with the hill, railway end and the old wog stand looking like they get a face lift.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore is safe for the short to medium term as its had plenty of money pumped into in the last 15 years and there is a long term tenant in the Bulldogs there. In the long term I think it’s safe too because there’s no other sporting fields or green space in that area at all.

On those drawings there actually is some work on the stadium itself with the hill, railway end and the old wog stand looking like they get a face lift.
There also other tenants. Isn't one of the NSW soccer clubs using it?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is the time it sucks being a kiwi and not being able to have an opinion, or really join the convo. seen it on tv obviously, just not had the privilege to watch a game there live.!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't see any changes happening to Belmore. There's going to be a state of the art stadium in the west and east plus ANZ. The days of local home grounds are fading away. We can't even fill Belmore on the few occasions we play there a year.