Second half defence

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now to just sort out the first halves so we can control the game instead of having to chase points.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the last 4 games we have only let in one second half try and that’s against Newcastle.
Very proud of the boys comeback today.
Mate I listened to the game on the radio; they pointed out the shitty referee decisions but did not really paint the picture of a good defensive effort that i saw when I watched the replay. We did well in defence in the second half and some of the hits were brutal.

I know that we will need to play extremely well to win next week but we also need the officials to be fair minded. THAT is the big thing because once again I have seen some atrocious decisions made this weekend in all games...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And seems to be getting better, big change in attitude since Fozzy has returned also..!!
Foran has been dynamic and really involved in the games. He is getting back to his best form of years ago and I can't help but think he is going to repay us in spades. The injury he copped this year was from a freakish clash and he worked extremely hard to get back on field ahead of schedule. I was a bit worried he would be underdone and not fully healed, but he has shown nothing but effort and enthusiasm. His pass to Okonbur was something out of the ordinary and thankfully the young bloke took it and scored a crucial try.

There is a lot of work to do but a lot to like. It will take time.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched the game from the stands yesterday and Foran is our only attacking weapon. Cogger runs around like a energiser battery passing the ball like hooker.
My concern is Foran is gaining confidence in his running game and is taking the line on more and more which is his trade mark but it is also why he has spent so much time in rehab

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I listened to the game on the radio; they pointed out the shitty referee decisions but did not really paint the picture of a good defensive effort that i saw when I watched the replay. We did well in defence in the second half and some of the hits were brutal.

I know that we will need to play extremely well to win next week but we also need the officials to be fair minded. THAT is the big thing because once again I have seen some atrocious decisions made this weekend in all games...
Yes the refereeing is just getting worse and worse each season shake your head at some decisions that are made

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shows that maybe as a team we're not as unfit as we thought.

Also shows the players respond well to Dean Pay at halftime.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here (Nash for short if you are busy and want to save time by dropping the 'eed' part),

I actually dont mind Dean Pays gameplans, you get the feeling now we can always create something, that was lacking before he came on board.And we have seen chances being created from nothing.
He just makes bad recruitment and personnel decisions,Lichaa, swapping Holland etc.
Nasheed.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last 4 games we have only let in one second half try and that’s against Newcastle.
Very proud of the boys comeback today.
Your actually wrong. We have only conceded one try in the second half from our last 5 games. Not the last four.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here (Nash for short if you are busy and want to save time by dropping the 'eed' part),

I actually dont mind Dean Pays gameplans, you get the feeling now we can always create something, that was lacking before he came on board.And we have seen chances being created from nothing.
He just makes bad recruitment and personnel decisions,Lichaa, swapping Holland etc.
Nasheed.
Are you running for President or PM or something? Do we need to know its Nash here?.I couldnt care less what your name is. We are all effectively anonymous here. We may stand shoulder to shoulder at games and chant Bulldogs bulldogs...but I wouldnt have a clue whether i was standing next to Nick the Greek or smokin Joe or Nash.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you running for President or PM or something? Do we need to know its Nash here?.I couldnt care less what your name is. We are all effectively anonymous here. We may stand shoulder to shoulder at games and chant Bulldogs bulldogs...but I wouldnt have a clue whether i was standing next to Nick the Greek or smokin Joe or Nash.
you fool, you have fallen for one of the classic blunders

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Your actually wrong. We have only conceded one try in the second half from our last 5 games. Not the last four.
No actually your wrong we got demolished by the dragons 40-4 before our second half defence was strong.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tin foil hat time....

We do sweet FA in the first 20 so we are fresh for the last 20 lol
We get hammered in the first 20 every game mistakes penalties we hardly have the ball to put on points

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn't Hampton score late in the second half when we played the Cowboys

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No actually your wrong we got demolished by the dragons 40-4 before our second half defence was strong.
You obviously wont good at maths. 1. Souths 2. Cowboys 3. Manly. 4. Newcastle 5. Titians.

Thats 5 not 4. They were our last 5 games. All games only 1 try in total conceded in 2nd half.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You obviously wont good at maths. 1. Souths 2. Cowboys 3. Manly. 4. Newcastle 5. Titians.

Thats 5 not 4. They were our last 5 games. All games only 1 try in total conceded in 2nd half.
Fuck my bad I must of missed a game I think the cowboys scored in the second half.