Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta play for and match teams for 80, lucky to get back into match with titans,we outplayed them for longer.gotta start well and stay in it for 80

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
we need to beat a top team.. im pretty sure we havent beaten any of the top teams since Pay has been coach

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We cant have these bad 1st halfs the storm wont do this simple knock ons like the titans did

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We cant have these bad 1st halfs the storm wont do this simple knock ons like the titans did
A 5 to 0 penalty count didn't help with the slow start. Of course it wasn't the only reason, but is sure as hell didn't help. We really need to be on the front foot every day this week, point out Melbourne's slowing down and wrestling tactics because we want to play open fast expansive football (same as we did last time we played them) a style that is entertaining for the spectators. It's at Belmore, the home of the entertainers and we don't want Melbourne spoiling it for the crowd. A few digs at Smith being the 3rd ref wouldn't hurt either. Lay it on all week, a new line every day.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
coincidentally ... Melbourne is the only team we have beaten at Belmore since our return to belmore... i think ?? im just going off memory .. i know the titans, sharks, Raiders and Cowboys have beaten us there ..

Edit: sorry we snuck home against the wooden spoon knights in 2017..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Melbourne will still be pissed that they almost lost to us a few weeks ago and will win by 20 plus. Bellamy will make sure of it, especially after they've scraped home so much this season. I fear they'll do to us what they did to Parra and get a big win before the bye.

As improved as we were last week, let's not forget we played the Titans who are now dead last.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People whinge about the penalties but JMK is a major problem here he tries to be subtle with niggle in the ruck by stripping the ball and pushing his knee into the play the ball to slow it down.

The big problem is he isn't subtle and gets pinged every time there's no point trying it if you get caught! He is up there for the most penalised player this year.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brings back memories of Storm game in 2015 when the team sang the team song after the sren infront of the hill.. still get goosebumps watching that and all the passion..

Just went back and watched the boys celebrating with the team song against Melbourne. How sweet it was.
Thanks GDog for that great reminder !

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will win if we play like we did today expect for the first 20 minutes and all the calls go our way for one in our lives
Dont hold your breath.
Similarly Knockonbor can make 200 meters a game too but his current error rate (not yesterdays game) makes him a third class winger.
Actually, dick fingers must have had erections on the weekend cause he caught the ball really well.

Melbourne will still be pissed that they almost lost to us a few weeks ago and will win by 20 plus. Bellamy will make sure of it, especially after they've scraped home so much this season. I fear they'll do to us what they did to Parra and get a big win before the bye.

As improved as we were last week, let's not forget we played the Titans who are now dead last.
I think Penrith are actually dead last but I agree with what you said. We can be happy we got the two points, but I wouldn't go as far to say they played 'well'.

People whinge about the penalties but JMK is a major problem here he tries to be subtle with niggle in the ruck by stripping the ball and pushing his knee into the play the ball to slow it down.

The big problem is he isn't subtle and gets pinged every time there's no point trying it if you get caught! He is up there for the most penalised player this year.
Yep, noticed this.
Even though everyone else does it, of course we are the ones to get caught....

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to complete at 90% or higher and play up the middle with plenty of offloads if we are any chance. Gotta watch out for Munster who got them home against us last time. I give us a slight chance if Foran continues to play the way he has been the last 2 weeks and our forwards put in. Would love to see Okunbor flatten smith again

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/6cc82b846ebd8b6a182dc2253b3a65ea
BULLDOGS V STORM

Sunday 26 May, Belmore Sports Ground, 2.00pm

Bulldogs: The logjam at backrow will intensify at the Bulldogs with Raymond Faitala-Mariner a chance to return to the NRL after he played Canterbury Cup last week. Adam Elliot (ankle) is expected to be fit and will regain the starting lock spot at the expense of Chris Smith.

Storm: Coach Craig Bellamy has a welcome headache with fullback Jahrome Hughes (concussion) set to return. Ryan Papenhuyzen has been superb filling in for Hughes but may have to return to the bench.
----------------------------------------

So, is Papenhuyzen off the bench better or worse than starting? Less minutes is less time to cause havoc, but coming on fresh against our tiring forwards? Eeek.

And yes, I did notice the opposing connotations of the Bulldogs "logjam" vs the Storm "welcome headache"

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s definitely winnable, if Fozzy and cogger go one better, and if Meaney, Smith, Naps and CHN all have big games, we will be looking pretty competitive and dangerous, we are storms bogey team.. we nearly got them last time, we’ve got them before. AND they have to be close to chalking up another loss for 2019.!!

I have high hopes for this game An our first back to back win of the year :grinning:

Come on DOGGIES!!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot isn't human! I thought he was out for 6 weeks or something.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we see Lewis on the bench and Smith dropping off?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fmd Elliott back already ffs. Smith should also be no where near the starting side, would be lucky to even make the bench. Pay needs to stop fucking around with out luck situation, either play Jackson there or start with a bigger body like Ogden and let Tolman play as the small forward.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okonbur won’t be playing he has a heal injury and is out of 4-6 weeks and Elliot is out for another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.