Opinion Is Foran getting better each week?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If foran stays fit for the next 2 seasons. Do we keep him and throw the bank at him?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If foran stays fit for the next 2 seasons. Do we keep him and throw the bank at him?
Like I said in another thread, the way he hobbled around the field after each play suggests he will struggle to see out his contract and I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired after this contract.

Bloke is busted but has a huge ticker...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just posted this-

In the 3,2,1 thread

I have to say a fully fit Foran is a marquee player. How he shines so much is our team is unbelievable really.

FULLY FIT he is in the same class as (at least) Hunt, Morgan, Hodgson etc (800-900k range)
Pushing near the elite: Munster, Cronk, Smith, Cook etc. (1m+ kinda calibre)
Mate fully fit and firing he was one of the best in the world.. If he can stay fit, he may be the best signing since Lamb..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is a champ. Without him we don’t win yesterday. His combo with Cogs is coming along nicely. If he stays fit we’ll win more then we lose.
And with him we would have wine a few of those closer games.. I can see us being up near the 8 or maybe even in the 8 by seasons end

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fozzy is the man, and my respect had grown for him, if he keeps this up it will be worth the wait, just depends how he goes and how long before his body gives out again. If it does I’m sue he will be get back to his best , An MAY just help take us all the way in the next couple..!!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then shouldn't be playing. Obviously not 100%.
If he's performing like that now imagine when he is 100% fit what he can do.
The team looks a hundred times better with foz on the field 100% fit or not.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, but we wouldn't have to throw the bank at him. I think he's currently worth ~500k now considering his injury record. That amount could be even lower at the end of his contract. The problem is having a capable back-up that doesn't mind sitting out for at least half the season. I think Lewis could be that player, but I'm sure he would want to be playing first grade week in and week out.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs to be paid a per game he plays wage
Irrelevant, the NRL includes the full amount in the salary cap as they assume he plays every game. So we get no salary cap relief even if he can’t play.

Considering his determination and effort to return from the ankle injury does anyone really believe that he’s just taking the money. He wants to play, he wants to play every game, he wants to play at his best, he’s proving with every game that his best is not behind him, that he’s not busted or broken.

Go Dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Irrelevant, the NRL includes the full amount in the salary cap as they assume he plays every game. So we get no salary cap relief even if he can’t play.

Considering his determination and effort to return from the ankle injury does anyone really believe that he’s just taking the money. He wants to play, he wants to play every game, he wants to play at his best, he’s proving with every game that his best is not behind him, that he’s not busted or broken.

Go Dogs
The not busted/broken isn’t proven yet obviously we are a better team when he plays

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

This forum is so fickle. L
Last week: Foran is a dropkick who should retire
This week: *Foran is the greatest half of his generation at his best'

To illustrate my point, I was on a date with a girl at Ogalo's and missed the match completely against the Titans, but I so many comments on how good Ccam here to this forum to see how the gamr went down.
I went to the match thread, read the first 20 pages about how shit we are and how 'Cogger is the worst player in first grade' and all these other comments.
For time purposes I skipped to the last 15 pages and good Cogger is.
Same thing for Okunbor but not as extreme.

I understand that both facets represented a different point in the game, but nowhere else on the internet will you see fans hate someone with a passion and an hour later love them like an Idol, and think nothing of it. Until the next week. Except maybe when a semi retired por hag gets a boobjob. Nasheed.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The not busted/broken isn’t proven yet obviously we are a better team when he plays
Seriously, if he was busted/broken how could he recover from such a serious ankle injury in record time, not just amazingly fast but in record time. There is only one reported case in the world of a player returning to play after tight rope surgery faster, that was 3 days faster. How could he play well straight away and then get better each week after? Napa plainly hasn't recovered as fast and his injury was far less serious. Doesn't look like someone who is remotely busted or broken.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

To illustrate my point, I was on a date with a girl at Ogalo's and missed the match completely against the Titans, but I so many comments on how good Ccam here to this forum to see how the gamr went down.
I went to the match thread, read the first 20 pages about how shit we are and how 'Cogger is the worst player in first grade' and all these other comments.

I understand that both facets represented a different point in the game, but nowhere else on the internet will you see fans hate someone with a passion and an hour later love them like an Idol, and think nothing of it. Until the next week. Except maybe when a semi retired por hag gets a boobjob. Nasheed.
you are judging a forum based on a few peoples opinion .. the opinions of a noisy few are not neccesarily shared by all.. and its not uncommon for people to act on emotion during game time. once the heat of the battle cools down, people can often reflect on things far differently ..

As for you judging others on their over the top opinionss ..... hmmm ..... Pot, meet Kettle..

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Dont be a tight ****. Next time take her to Frangos in Petersham

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran always been good. He had the same glimpses of form when he was at Parra and Warriors. For all the trash talk he is still very good.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you are judging a forum based on a few peoples opinion .. the opinions of a noisy few are not neccesarily shared by all.. and its not uncommon for people to act on emotion during game time. once the heat of the battle cools down, people can often reflect on things far differently ..
Sounds like what happened to our federal elections.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Did you tell your date who you were every time you said something just in case they forgot?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Wait let me get this straight. You took your date to Ogalos. Obviously didn't even reach first base then. Let me guess she hasnt replyed to any of your messages since your date?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran is our true captain and leader