SportingNews/Lurker Joe Stimson

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where does Stimson even play? He's an edge forward and is pretty much in the mould of Jackson and Elliott...
Did u watch his highlight reel? Don't see nothing like Jacko and Elliot in that.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did u watch his highlight reel? Don't see nothing like Jacko and Elliot in that.
I don't need to watch a highlight video, i've seen him play enough over the last 2 years. He's nothing different to what we have.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't need to watch a highlight video, i've seen him play enough over the last 2 years. He's nothing different to what we have.
I'd tend to agree. I think Stimson is a good player but still think RFM and Martin are of a similar calibre. It's a very sideways move for sure.

Like i said, we better announce a hooker signing soon. I'd much rather Nikora than Stimson if we were looking at second rower replacements.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough, haven't seen much of him but seems a bit more agile, a bigger body and knows how to run hard and straight into a hole.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a big kid. Probably similar size to Shaun Lane. Runs hard, has an offload, solid defender and can kick goals. He's played decent minutes in big games and started for them numerous times on an edge so he's certainly not a reserve grader. Like I said, he would have started for them this season on an edge before he got injured.

If we didn't have more glaring needs and we weren't so disillusioned with Pay and the club then I think people would appreciate the signing more.

I hope by this time next year, we'll be singing Stimson's praises. I just hope now we get some more of their backups like Grant and Drinkwater!
Sounds like a good prospect thanks for that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like a good prospect thanks for that
No worries. Stimson doesn't have the upside of someone like RFM and isn't as good an attacking player but he's more consistent and a better defender.

I wish we were going after someone with more upside, but Stimson won't let anyone down and will do his job each game. Hopefully with us he stays healthy and can show more of his attacking ability.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd tend to agree. I think Stimson is a good player but still think RFM and Martin are of a similar calibre. It's a very sideways move for sure.

Like i said, we better announce a hooker signing soon. I'd much rather Nikora than Stimson if we were looking at second rower replacements.
I'm definitely being over the top with him, he isn't a bad player and could easily come into the team and do a job...but like we have both mentioned he isn't really anything different and is a sideways move like you said. Can't help but also feel nervous when signing Storm forwards....very rarely do they play as well when out of the Storms system.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No worries. Stimson doesn't have the upside of someone like RFM and isn't as good an attacking player but he's more consistent and a better defender.

I wish we were going after someone with more upside, but Stimson won't let anyone down and will do his job each game. Hopefully with us he stays healthy and can show more of his attacking ability.
I think pay hasn’t used rfm very smartly and it would be disappointing to lose him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm definitely being over the top with him, he isn't a bad player and could easily come into the team and do a job...but like we have both mentioned he isn't really anything different and is a sideways move like you said. Can't help but also feel nervous when signing Storm forwards....very rarely do they play as well when out of the Storms system.
Yeah it is a worry. Plus his injury history is concerning. I'd rather we recruit the guys the top teams don't want to lose rather than those they don't mind moving on. I wish we could just get Finucane back!

But unfortunately we can't control anything and if Stimson comes, I'm going to be optimistic and hope he lives up to his potential. I just wish we weren't dumping RFM to sign him.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
STIMSON’S NO ORDINARY JOE

EXPECT the Canterbury Bulldogs to announce this week that they have signed promising forward Joe Stimson.

The 23-year-old has been stranded in reserve grade at the Melbourne Storm, and he hoisted the for-sale sign earlier this year.

Stimson will leave the all-conquering Storm at the end of the season after signing the big-money offer to join the Bulldogs. He had been linked to St George Illawarra to fill the Jack de Belin void.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched a few highlights of the last few rounds of the Q cup. Looks like a very smart agile prop if anything even though he runs a very nice hard line on an edge.... Bit worried about this guy on an edge tbh unkess he drops a few kgs.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should’ve signed Campbell Gillard from Penrith. Was playing origin last year now he’s stuck in reserves

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stimson has back issues.. much like Crichton has been having.

Recruitment "gurus" are fucking useless at our club.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Martin and RFM are on the outer at the end of this year then I'd have to say this is a very good piece of business. Stimson goes good.

The Kennel is a funny old place. This forum frothed when we signed Sue out of fucking Tigers reserve grade team last year, but is in meltdown at the thought of signing Stimson

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Martin and RFM are on the outer at the end of this year then I'd have to say this is a very good piece of business. Stimson goes good.

The Kennel is a funny old place. This forum frothed when we signed Sue out of fucking Tigers reserve grade team last year, but is in meltdown at the thought of signing Stimson
Haven't seen anything of Stimson to have an opinion on him if I'm honest, but based on what people are saying it seems like a decent pickup.

I just question the timing and whether signing on players when the jury is a 100% out on our coach is the smartest thing to do. Especially if it means we'll lose a player to sign up.

But ... one could also say that signings shouldn't be dependant on the coach which is right also ...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I guess moving into next year we can’t afford as many players with potential. Need to have a solid foundation at least. RFM has had potential for the last 3 years but is lacking in fundamentals