Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows what they do? They do say that they have really no need for third party payments having paid only 200k last year....so I guess the players they do have play for the love of it.

When Bennett signed Gasnier it was late in the year and this article outlines the deal.....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/mark-gasnier-the-bargain-dragon/story-e6frep5x-1225865275213

CHAMPION centre Mark Gasnier will return to St George Illawarra for the remainder of the NRL season at the bargain-basement price of $50,000, plus match payments.

The Dragons can only fit Gasnier into a second-tier cap designed for players outside the top 25 squad at each club - but his contract will be dramatically upgraded to around $400,000 in 2011 and $550,000 in 2012 with the possible addition of third-party payments.

The fact he is even considering playing for just $50,000 this year is the best indication he is returning for the right reasons - to win a premiership at the Dragons - and not just to build his bank balance.

On top of the $50,000 sign-on, the Dragons would pay him $4000 a game.

classic back ended deal but it did pay off for the dragons with the premiership.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice fingertip finish by Hiroti ,and I’m not talking about the knock on from him that almost cost them :tearsofjoy:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do not like either Souths nor Raiders but happy that Canberra lost if it just shuts up Ennis for five seconds.....

Croker and Hodgson two of the biggest gronks in the game.........

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Michael Morgan is out of form. Asiata looks far more threatening than him..
Asiata is a good player, would love him or Peachey as our #14

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off topic, but watching Wolfpack play Toulouse and chase Stanley is in good form, got a hat trick already.. Wolfpack carving up 40-8, 8 mins to play, good Game.
Will watch Catalan’s v Wigan next out of interest.. see how their reffs compare :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotric solid last night. Showing why he should be our #1 centre target.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a fucking carv up.. dragons didn’t leave the sheds an it’s been the KP show once again..!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
James Graham with a massive 3 hit ups for 19m in the first half. Time to hang them up Jammer.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me dead biggest choke of the season so far... dragons did not show up today

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Xerri ... what a player aye Mr I :grinning: ?

He going to be a SUPERSTAR very soon, will be a hunted one, all clubs will be trying to sign this bloke !! Wish we could ;)

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the prick but what Des has done to this side is a minor miracle... how I wanted the prick to fail but wow

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Dugan is done, send him to Reggie's. Gets injured every tackle the soft c bomb.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walker getting the razz all game from the Sharkies fans. I am just a wee bit worried what he might do if the Eagles collapse in a heap and win the spoon this year...or is it the fork????

Still a big question mark over him and I guess because the judge ruled it was not beyond reasonable doubt that it should be allowed to slide...but in saying that where there is smoke there is fire and he can't intimidate or harass his partner because an apprehended violence order is still in place...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/10/dylan-walker-found-not-guilty-of-assault-charge/

Magistrate Michelle Goodwin, after hearing from nine witnesses over two days of hearings in Manly Local Court, said she was not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Walker had assaulted his partner.

She did continue an apprehended violence order, which will be reviewed on July 23, which allows the couple to cohabitate but Walker cannot intimidate or harass Ivkovic.